Anyone flying on New Year's Day?

Old Dec 31, 11, 1:39 pm
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Yes, have a transatlantic flight and I should be in T5 Flounge for about an hour tomorrow morning around 11.
Old Dec 31, 11, 1:42 pm

Programs: Aegean Airlines Gold, British Airways, Virgin Atlantic, Malaysian
Leaving tonight LHR at 21:20 to Nairobi on VS
LHR Clubhouse busiest I've seen in a while although check-in area was very quiet
Old Dec 31, 11, 1:46 pm

Programs: BA Bronze | UA Silver | Marriott Silver | Hilton Silver
Tomorrow I will be flying BDA-JFK-YYZ in domestic F on AA. 2 other people on the BDA-JFK flight in F on the 738 (though it will probably fill up with elites) and 3 others on the CR7 from JFK to YYZ.

Quite a few people flying tomorrow according to the calendar on ba97.com

NYD 2011 I spent flying AMS-DTW-YYZ and nearly got stuck in DTW overnight. DL thought I would misconnect and had offloaded me, kicking me out of F at the same time. After much back and forth and cancelled flights being reinstated I finally got a seat on my original flight (back in F). Lounge at DTW was nearly empty.
Old Dec 31, 11, 1:57 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Stez View Post
LHR-SIN tonight on BA11, so NY on the plane.

Tried to upgrade to First at check-in, availability confirmed by staff, on the blower and the remaining 7 seats vanished.

Still I got my 64K. ^
Shame you could not get the upgrade.

Where will you be celebrating midnight or perhaps you can do it a couple of times!

Hope extra champagne has been added.

Have a good flight!!
Old Dec 31, 11, 8:43 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Silver, HH D, BA Silver
Flying YVR-LHR in two hours, we have 1A and 1K ^ , old First unfortunately but will hope for a good crew and fellow pax to toast in the New Year!

All the best for 2012 everyone
Old Dec 31, 11, 9:04 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK * A Gold, Qatar Gold
Have a good flight Stez, sounds slightly better than the last row of NCL-lhr in economy on a foggy night! Happy new year!
Old Jan 1, 12, 1:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Probably... I am on standby today and will pick up something that someone else can't be bothered to come in for after having too good a time last night.

But at this time, only the lord himself knows where that will be.
Old Jan 1, 12, 2:31 am

Flying LHR-JFK on AA 105 today in J. Looking forward to a quiet flight - and my 140 TPs
Old Jan 1, 12, 4:48 am

Programs: BA silver
Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently View Post
Shame you could not get the upgrade.

Where will you be celebrating midnight or perhaps you can do it a couple of times!
UK midnight was over the Black Sea, close to northern Turkey. To be honest, I fell asleep quite quickly - the pre-flight champers didn't go down right with me.

Originally Posted by barobson View Post
Have a good flight Stez, sounds slightly better than the last row of NCL-lhr in economy on a foggy night! Happy new year!
Yup, never did make that connection, gate agent was very surprised they tried to let me go to T3. Hope your EgyptAir flight went ok!
Old Jan 1, 12, 5:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IC RA, Kimpton Inner Circle, Amex Plat
EDI-LHR later for us.
Old Jan 1, 12, 5:53 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/AA-Ex Plat/HY- LT Globalist/BA-CCR/GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by A-340 GOT View Post
BA112 tonight JFK-LHR, actually looks quite full in club world, only a few empty seats available on the online check in. Happy New Year
See you there!
Old Jan 1, 12, 6:45 am

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
I did a 11am QF LHR-SIN-SYD flight a few years ago on New Years day. My school friend at QF was ever so kind to put me on her staff benefits so I got a J class flight out at a tiny price. But being Staff Travel, you can only fly standby and hence that's why it was that time of the day!

The cabin only had around 5 people in it. Service was spectacular from the crew - proper silver service with the bread rolls being served by spoon and fork. I was half expecting any crew to lob food at the pax and retreat to the safety of the galleys that day!

But there was a final surprise. I was addressed by name by a crew memember while reading the paper pre take off. Turned out it was a cousin of mine that I hadn't seen for years!

I wouldn't let it being New Years Day put you off traveling, provided you don't mind not to party into the wee small hours the night before!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: