Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

How do I add others to award ticket on American?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2011, 12:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Gold , National Emerald Exec, Hertz Presidents, Delta Gold

OK, I'm sure I will be embarrassed when the answer is posted.

Trying to book an award on American for my sister and her kids.

I have a household account, and the only names that appear under Book with Avios are myself and my wife.

I want to book an award for my sister and her 3 kids.

Unless I click my name or my wife's name, I can't get the search for award tickets to run. And if I run under her or my name, I can't add others.

I already tried a search and already looked in the sticky.

If one of these would have worked, please let me know how you found it, as I won't need to post silly threads like this in the future.
Old Dec 17, 2011, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Are your sister and her kids under your household account ( ie physically added to the account)? As from your comment it appears that the only members in the household account are you and your wife. ( apologies if I have misunderstood)

You may need to contact your Executive Club centre to get them added to your account and then they should appear when you log in and then are able to run an award search.

Regards

TBS
Old Dec 17, 2011, 3:52 pm

Programs: BA Blue, United GM, Priority Club Platinum
Originally Posted by Bikeguy
OK, I'm sure I will be embarrassed when the answer is posted.

Trying to book an award on American for my sister and her kids.

I have a household account, and the only names that appear under Book with Avios are myself and my wife.

I want to book an award for my sister and her 3 kids.

Unless I click my name or my wife's name, I can't get the search for award tickets to run. And if I run under her or my name, I can't add others.

I already tried a search and already looked in the sticky.

If one of these would have worked, please let me know how you found it, as I won't need to post silly threads like this in the future.
You can officially only get award tickets using points/miles from a household account for people named in that account. It isn't possible to get awards for other people (which is the main negative and difference of the household account from a regular account). The only way to get around it (which breaks the terms and conditions if they live at a different address, so perhaps keep that quiet) is to enrol your extended family in the executive club and add them to your household account, you can then get them award tickets.
Old Dec 17, 2011, 4:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Gold , National Emerald Exec, Hertz Presidents, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

Are your sister and her kids under your household account ( ie physically added to the account)? As from your comment it appears that the only members in the household account are you and your wife. ( apologies if I have misunderstood)

You may need to contact your Executive Club centre to get them added to your account and then they should appear when you log in and then are able to run an award search.

Regards

TBS
Thanks for the quick reply.

My wife is the head of the household account.

I had to log in under her account and add the names.

Didn't need to call thankfully.

Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.