Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Apologists - Why the need to defend BA?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2011, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Terminalator
That is certainly backed up by the ridiculous Mucci thing that goes on here and not (to the best of my knowledge) on any other board.

I think people here like to keep it an exclusive club, and things are allowed to go very OT if bloody bears are involved!
Is this supposed to be funny or a personal dig. Its been a cold long day, so if funny forgive me. If not then whats the issue.

As far as I am aware the muccis, bears and ageism doesnt get in the way of answers for reasonable questions to be answered.
Old Dec 10, 2011, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by origin
Is this supposed to be funny or a personal dig. Its been a cold long day, so if funny forgive me. If not then whats the issue.
As far as I am aware the muccis, bears and ageism doesnt get in the way of answers for reasonable questions to be answered.
Sorry ... I missed the ageism bit.

I shall write to my MP/Senator/Daily Telegraph
Old Dec 10, 2011, 1:25 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Gold, QR Silver, HH Diamond
This board is a perfect microcosm of Britishness. Since we are on the inside, it's okay for us to moan about ourselves. But when outsiders stumble in here, and do the same, it is NOT okay and as natives we re-group, wave our spears around and, if the outsider persists, we will hunt and kill them.

Especially if they are American.

Once they've gone away again, we can resume our moaning about fast track, hot towels, and the indignity of having to go up and down a couple of escalators to get to the lounge.
Old Dec 10, 2011, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

@ MrSoft ... well said, Sir, and HUZZAH for Betty, England and St George.

"This sceptered isle, that is forever England" ...

... so Hiddy and all the other "Johnny Foreigners" can make their own arrangements [except the lovely people in NoVa, of course]
Old Dec 10, 2011, 1:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

After two upgrades in a row I certainly don't mind being branded a BA apologit. ^
Old Dec 10, 2011, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HIDDY
a BA apologit. ^
ooops
Old Dec 10, 2011, 1:46 pm

Programs: GGL
Originally Posted by henkybaby
There really are a few people here who will (almost) always assume that 'BA' was right and the complaining poster must in some way, shape or form be the cause of what (s)he is complaining about. It is fascinating to watch.
^

More tiring than fascinating for me!
Old Dec 10, 2011, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by T8191
ooops
No I just shortened it...they usually call me a BA apologist git.
Old Dec 10, 2011, 1:48 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
Originally Posted by HIDDY
After two upgrades in a row I certainly don't mind being branded a BA apologit. ^
BA just don't get this. We pay good money for CW and then we end up surrounded by a bunch of upgraded apologit freeloaders! Don't BA realize that it really lowers the tone??

And while we're at it, do upgraded riff raff really have to use the CW bathrooms? Couldn't they go back throught the curtain and use the ones more suitable to their station in WT???

Old Dec 10, 2011, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
I've read this thread with interest.

Anybody who has read my trip reports (which, let's face it, should be all of you - otherwise, where have you been?) will know that I'm not a complete supporter of BA.

However, BA is the airline I fly most (due to many reasons), and as such I do feel 'connected' to the airline (particularly as a BAEC Gold member). Where credit is due I will compliment BA, and where I have concerns, I will make those known too.

BA as a brand is something I'm very interested in, and something which I enjoy discussing - FT provides me with a forum to do this, at the same time as learning from other posters and helping out still more.

I am also active in the Trip Reports and Qantas forums, and regularly browse the other airline program forums too. FT is so diverse that if you don't like the BAEC forum, you have plenty of choice of airline-related discussion to choose from.

PS. I like the bears (although they won't be appearing in any of my trip reports!). And Mucci (as a Lord Mucci myself - *virtual bow*).
Old Dec 10, 2011, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by origin
Is this supposed to be funny or a personal dig.
Not a personal dig. I just think the bears and muccis are childish and irrelevant on this board.

People get upset if someone doesn't do a search because it clutters up the board, and yet these infantile topics are actively encouraged.

Last edited by Swanhunter; Dec 10, 2011 at 3:22 pm Reason: Feather duster
Old Dec 10, 2011, 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by HilFly
BA just don't get this. We pay good money for CW and then we end up surrounded by a bunch of upgraded apologit freeloaders!
Look upon it as my reward for being a BA missionary in S America....I have spread the BA gospel so much down here that I have increased the airlines loads on the EZE route by well over 100% over the last year. ^

Don't tell the Spanish but my wife always tells her clients to fly BA instead of IB.
Old Dec 10, 2011, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
I don't think I ever defended BA but I do try to explain why something may have happened.
Old Dec 10, 2011, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
I wouldn't describe Muccis etc. as 'camp'. They're just a bit of fun - an aside from the aviation related talk. Just take a look at the 'Gate A10' OT thread, which proves the diversity of discussion on the BA board.

Last edited by Swanhunter; Dec 10, 2011 at 3:23 pm Reason: Feather duster
Old Dec 10, 2011, 2:06 pm

Programs: Demoted to gold, Cats protection
Originally Posted by Terminalator
That is certainly backed up by the ridiculous Mucci thing that goes on here and not (to the best of my knowledge) on any other board.
I always thought it was just some game,of absolutely no value or consequence, just a bit of fun that came about after some celebrity award ceremony years ago. Like a housepoint that I give out in class, the person who receives it is pleased and the rest of the class, not bothered about it!

IIRC there is a character referred to on one of the boards where "those in the know" seem to know the identity but the rest do not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.