Wiki Posts
Search

Seq 001 - Oh yes!!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2011, 4:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MUCCI, BAEC Silver, A-Club Gold
Seq 001 - Oh yes!!

I expect this thread to drop down the pages pretty quick, but just wanted to share my delight in having Seq 001 on my BP for GRU-LHR tomorrow evening. I have been working in my OLCI and have slowly improved over the months, making it from the 40's to the 20's and ex LCA in June managed 018! But tonight, I sat on F5 as the clock lingered around 18:15, then the check in now icon appeared - BINGO!!!!! - bagged me the first BP!!!

Now where's my coat?
Old Dec 8, 2011, 4:39 pm

I didn't even realise one could tell this with OLCI.

A new FT game and you've gone and mucked it up by finishing first before anyone else has even got going. Typical man.
Old Dec 8, 2011, 4:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ColdWalker
I didn't even realise one could tell this with OLCI.

A new FT game and you've gone and mucked it up by finishing first before anyone else has even got going. Typical man.
To be fair you can only tell when you get to the page with the BP on it, top right corner.....I never meant to start a game, as I am sure there are individuals as sad as I am trying to get the lowest number possible. Problem is I have peaked, what next? I still have to fly Y and my fun has gone, what else do I do down the back (careful, didn't mean it like that!! )

As a typical man, do I need to apologise and explain how this is the first time it happened?!
Old Dec 8, 2011, 4:48 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus
This sounds like a new omni/bingo game - see who can get a boarding pass of each seq number in the elite program year of their choice......!
RockyRobin and hhdl like this.
Old Dec 8, 2011, 4:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hangpilot
This sounds like a new omni/bingo game - see who can get a boarding pass of each seq number in the elite program year of their choice......!
Is it at this point I need to head over to OMNI and see what you are talking about ............................

EDIT - I need to go to bed, big presentation tomorrow and I still need to write the notes.............4:30 alarm call for Mr BT.......
Old Dec 8, 2011, 4:54 pm

Programs: BA gold
It is relatively easy to get sequence 001 on some routes, especially if you can check in in the Far East/Australia for a domestic UK tickets, or on quiet routes like the second LHR-TIP flight of the day.
Old Dec 8, 2011, 6:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I got Sequence 1 and 2 for my wife and I on our EZE-LHR-MAN flights once. Haven't even bothered looking since.
Old Dec 8, 2011, 11:46 pm

I often get 001 on flights as connecting into uk allows the next flight to be checked in early, but lastime I had 001 and got my son 007, pure coincidence but he was pleased, mind you he is 7! I have to check in later today for three of us, I will play your game and see what I can get, prehape a challenge like getting 111 would be much harder!
Joejet
Old Dec 8, 2011, 11:53 pm

Programs: QF WP
Head over to the CX camp, and some of them have it down to a fine art - CX processes op-ups based on status, then the seq # (known as bin number or BN over there).
TTmex likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 12:25 am

Programs: PC RA, Hertz PC, (Flybe) Premier card, Tesco Platinum
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Android; Opera Mini/6.25174/26.1235; U; en) Presto/2.8.119 Version/10.54)

My game these days is to try and get last seq number - validated when I hear fa told pax numbers by dispatcher as the door is shut. Always feels a bit more 'exciting' somehow. Never missed a flight yet, but frequently check in at t-45 (at Man).
ps107 likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 12:58 am

Programs: BA Gold, Flying Blue ivory
I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only one who plays the seq number Olympics !

Congratulations on seq001. I've been aiming for this for an eternity.

I've been gym-training my F5 finger over the past few months and sharpening up my reflexes.

My "Personal Best" is now 19", from starting pistol to "checked in". I've only ever managed seq002, but I'm mainly on LON-AMS routes which I suspect is a hotly contested route for connecting flights.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 1:40 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by Stez
It is relatively easy to get sequence 001 on some routes
+1. Ex-LHR never; ex-CAI literally dozens of Seq. No. 001s achieved. Never realised some people thought it was so difficult!
Old Dec 9, 2011, 1:58 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Amex Platinum
I got seq no 001 for me and 002 for my wife earlier this year returning from DXB on BA108. She was spectacularly unimpressed and called me a sad b*****d.

It put me in a really good mood for our last day of holiday.
Wiz805, RockyRobin, FT01 and 3 others like this.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 3:01 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
It's one of the games I play as well! Unfortunately 7 days to go until my next OLCI opens for me this time..
Old Dec 9, 2011, 4:27 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by Awesom Andy
(known as bin number or BN over there).
It is BOARDING NUMBER and not bin number

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.