Wiki Posts
Search

Is the TP calculator trustworthy?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2011, 10:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold Guest List; HH Diamond; Hyatt Diamond; SPG Gold
Is the TP calculator trustworthy?

Now that there's apparently no chart to determine tier points (at least on partner airlines), it seems like we're somewhat at the mercy of the calculator to tell us the truth.

Do either of the below looking suspect? They form part of a plan to rush Euro-gold (my EC account is registered in France) between now and March.

JAL; business class; NRT-SIN (3324 miles): 140 TP
JAL; business class; LHR-NRT (5974 miles): 160 TP

Or is there actually an accurate chart somewhere?
Old Nov 26, 2011, 1:41 am

Programs: BA Silver, MUCCI
looks alright to me
Old Nov 26, 2011, 1:44 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Kindly note that BA is now awarding more TP for flights of more than 6000 miles. That's an additional 20 TP in Business and 30 TP in First.
Old Nov 26, 2011, 1:48 am

Programs: AA 2MM - PLT, BA GGL, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SMK77
Kindly note that BA is now awarding more TP for flights of more than 6000 miles. That's an additional 20 TP in Business and 30 TP in First.
The miles used in the 6000 calculation are the BA base miles awarded for the route. Although tools such as Great Circle Mapper may show LHR-NRT as being 5974 BA actually award over 6000 base miles hence the reason why the calculator is showing more TPs for that sector.
Old Nov 26, 2011, 3:37 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Flying Winemaker

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.