Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Award Booking Difficulties - Constructive Help Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Award Booking Difficulties - Constructive Help Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2012, 5:53 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), Hilton (Gold)
Originally Posted by fraisse10
Just been charged the offline booking fee for making a mixed class redemption of a 241. Operative was adamant that it's waived only when a function available online isn't working, not when a function isn't available online and you have to call. Politely queried; no joy; made the booking anyway to snag my LHR-CPT seats in J and F but not happy; I know it's only Ł15 but am a bit tired of BA's nickel-and-diming; can I pursue this?

Thanks
No - that is correct. If the functionality is not available on BA.com then you're charged. Only if you're trying to do something that should be possible but is broken is the charge waived.

BAH
Old Jan 22, 2012, 6:06 am

Programs: BA Exec Club,Skywards,Hilton Honours,Mariott Rewards,SPG
Originally Posted by BAHumbug
No - that is correct. If the functionality is not available on BA.com then you're charged. Only if you're trying to do something that should be possible but is broken is the charge waived.

BAH
That has always been my understanding and experience.

Our last mixed class F/J booking to DXB had to be made on the phone and I was charged and advised why. Last week I had to phone to make a EDI/NCE redemption booking in CE, because ba.com kept crashing and the fee was waived.
Old Jan 22, 2012, 6:40 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Just been charged the offline booking fee for making a mixed class redemption of a 241. Operative was adamant that it's waived only when a function available online isn't working, not when a function isn't available online and you have to call. Politely queried; no joy; made the booking anyway to snag my LHR-CPT seats in J and F but not happy; I know it's only Ł15 but am a bit tired of BA's nickel-and-diming; can I pursue this?

Thanks
That wasn't my recent experience. See here.

post 42
Old Jan 22, 2012, 7:23 am

Originally Posted by golfmad

post 42
You have a Gold Card. Fraisse10 does not. Fees are waived for GCH's.

BAH
Old Jan 24, 2012, 8:14 am

Programs: BA Blue. 19695 Lifetime TPs
Is it just me or, as a policy (charging you for doing offline something you can't do online; not something you can do online but choose not to, but something you physically can't) does this not really, really STINK?

I am tied into BA and will continue to fly them but stuff like this makes me REALLY hate them and gouge them in pathetic little ways (cadging extra miniatures, nicking stuff from lounges etc, taking amenity kits I don't need) that I don't like in myself, but sauce for the goose....
Old Jan 24, 2012, 8:22 am

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Originally Posted by golfmad

post 42
You have a Gold Card. Fraisse10 does not. Fees are waived for GCH's.

BAH
I'm not a Gold, nor is my partner who booked a recent open jaw mixed class 2-4-1. The agent pro-actively stated the offline fee was being waived as the transaction couldn't be completed online.

We made a change a few weeks after booking and again the agent stated no change fee as the change couldn't be completed online.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by Kgmm77
I'm not a Gold, nor is my partner who booked a recent open jaw mixed class 2-4-1. The agent pro-actively stated the offline fee was being waived as the transaction couldn't be completed online.

We made a change a few weeks after booking and again the agent stated no change fee as the change couldn't be completed online.
That's what I said. Being unable to complete it online (ie BA.com is flaking out) means the fee is waived.

Being unable to do it online (ie the functionality isn't there) means you pay up.

BAH
Old Jan 24, 2012, 8:24 am

So not only are they ....ty, they are inconsistently ....ty. Worst of all worlds.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 8:25 am

So not only are they ....ty, they are inconsistently ....ty. Worst of all worlds.
sheety, that is
Old Jan 24, 2012, 8:35 am

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

That's what I said. Being unable to complete it online (ie BA.com is flaking out) means the fee is waived.

Being unable to do it online (ie the functionality isn't there) means you pay up.

BAH
I was unaware BA.com has/ever had the functionality to book open jaw mixed class reward bookings.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
There appears to be a specific waiver for mixed cabin bookings. See this post (which corresponds to something I was told on the phone as well, even though I was expecting to have the fee waived for me as a Gold in any event).
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
I am tied into BA and will continue to fly them but stuff like this makes me REALLY hate them and gouge them in pathetic little ways (cadging extra miniatures, nicking stuff from lounges etc, taking amenity kits I don't need) that I don't like in myself, but sauce for the goose....
Calm down. Breathe, breathe ... and relax. There. It's only an offline service charge. It's not that bad really is it?

I was unaware BA.com has/ever had the functionality to book open jaw mixed class reward bookings.
In that case you were lucky with the agent

BAH
Old Jan 24, 2012, 9:13 am

In that case you were lucky with the agent

BAH
...or maybe the "policy" isn't half as clear as some think. Ref Globaliser's subsequent post.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 9:14 am

...or maybe the "policy" isn't half as clear as some think. Ref Globaliser's subsequent post.
Well if there's one thing I think we can all agree is consistent with BA, it's inconsistency

BAH

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.