Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Couples in new first

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2011, 12:57 pm
Original Poster

Couples in new first

Honestly, I did plenty of searches but could not find the answer. In NF do the dividers drop between the middle seats so I can talk to my wife? (Sure she won't want to talk to me but just in case?

Thanks
Old Nov 17, 2011, 1:00 pm

Yes they do.
Old Nov 17, 2011, 1:00 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I've never actually sat in the middle seats but I beleive that a screen pulls along if you wife wants to ignore you
Old Nov 17, 2011, 1:01 pm

The dividers slide back and forth so that you can talk to or ignore your wife
Old Nov 17, 2011, 1:02 pm
Original Poster

Cheers.
Old Nov 17, 2011, 1:02 pm

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Originally Posted by BRITFLYER
Honestly, I did plenty of searches but could not find the answer. In NF do the dividers drop between the middle seats so I can talk to my wife? (Sure she won't want to talk to me but just in case?

Thanks
Yes the 'blind' goes back now as opposed to down but the situation is no different in reality to OF.

The first two pics here, show the seat with the blind open and closed-

http://www.google.co.uk/search?gcx=c...BImJhQeli62HDg

For our next F flight, Mrs Cap'n Benj and I are currently contained within-

Outbound- 747- 2AK (hoping to move to 1AK at t-72(unlikely to be to HKG, as I suspect they'll be at least a couple of golds in the cabin))

Inbound- 777-300 2K,3K (you seemed to get less shelf space in the middle on our last 777 nf flight)

Last edited by Cap'n Benj; Nov 17, 2011 at 1:15 pm
Old Nov 17, 2011, 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by Cap'n Benj
Yes the 'blind' goes back now as opposed to down but the situation is no different in reality to OF.
I disagree. The E/F centre seats in NF are far worse for couples than OF. The blind slides back but if you are both sat back in the seat the structure around the blind obscures the view between the two seats - the only way you can see each other is if one of you leans forward and even then it is like talking through a serving hatch!

Last edited by aristoph; Nov 17, 2011 at 1:36 pm
Old Nov 17, 2011, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by aristoph
I disagree. The E/F centre seats in NF are far worse for couples than OF. The blind slides back but if you are both sat back in the seat the structure around the blind obscures the view between the two seats - the only way you can see each other is if one of you leans forward and even then it is like talking through a serving hatch!
I guess so comparing these pics-

http://www.sevenstarsandstripes.com/...lass-Cabin.jpg

vs

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4068/...56620e6fe0.jpg

Either way, the situation hasn't really changed and your options certainly haven't. If you want to be close enough to talk, 1AK would be the only other option.

They should have perhaps had the curtain opening forward as opposed to back.
Old Nov 17, 2011, 3:02 pm
Original Poster

Capn, do they open those seats up to non Golds at checkin?
Old Nov 17, 2011, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
They are released at T-72 if not already reserved by Golds/Premiers/VIPs.
Old Nov 17, 2011, 3:04 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Fairmont Platinum, United Silver, National Exec
Another vote for 1A and 1K. If you can get em, they're great seats for a couple.
Old Nov 17, 2011, 3:07 pm

3 days out (T-72). I've managed to grab them on 3 out of 4 of my 747 F flights, deffo the best seats in the house in my eyes as a couple but others prefer row 2 (even as couples, I'd take a seat in row two if on my own)

This is on a 747, if on a 777 I'd avoid the front row like the plague.
Old Nov 17, 2011, 3:37 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
Originally Posted by flyupfront
Another vote for 1A and 1K. If you can get em, they're great seats for a couple.
That all depends on the couple!

In 1A&K you are not close enough to have a private conversation or have physical contact, except maybe touching hands if your arms were long enough. I think a prolonged conversation would be loud enough to annoy other passengers.
Old Nov 17, 2011, 3:47 pm

Programs: Starwood Platinum,Marriott Platinum, United Silver
1. I've been married 41 years. I am still in love with my wife.

2. I do not need to speak with her the entire time we are travelling. Truth be told, I love the First experience and am more concerned in our comfort.

3. On a 747, we are VERY happy with 2 A,K and have same reserved for the 747 in June. On the 777, 2 E,F are just fine, thank you. On the way over, it's dark and we sleep. On the way back, we've usually been together for a week or two and the combination of some privacy with the easy ability to talk, especially during meals, is appreciated.

Folks, it's First Class on BA. The new is better than the old but for most FTers, especially those of us using miles (and maybe Companion Certificates), let's get real. None of the options approach being bad!
Old Nov 17, 2011, 4:14 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver; Muccis du Monde des Peluches
Originally Posted by aristoph
^ Agreed. And as for 2A/K - forget it: in OF, although too far apart for a conversation of more than a few words, you could easily see one another. Now you'd both have to be leaning forward to do that - a pair like 2K/3K might even work better. I've not sat in row 1 in NF but the overall emphasis on privacy looks like it makes that worse for a couple too.

Even as a solo traveller, I prefer OF I'm afraid. NF looks cool and everything, but the practical benefits are limited (seat comfort about the same overall, couldn't care less about IFE, lighting options are better but that's far outweighed by the new windows which I hate). And the food has definitely got worse in F, but that's not really a NF/OF thing.

So, with all that negativity, what do I think are the best seats on BA for a couple who really care about talking to each other? Perhaps 1A/B in CWLCY?

Last edited by LeisureFirst; Nov 17, 2011 at 4:24 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.