British Airways Corporate Fares

Old Nov 17, 2011, 3:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR & BAEC Lifetime Gold, VS Red, EK Blue, HH Lifetime Diamond, IHG Gold, Marriot Silver
British Airways Corporate Fares

We are a small UK headquartered company with small offices in 5 cities overseas. From the UK alone between us we travel at least once a week to cities in India, Middle East and Europe. From time to time we also fly to Asia and the US. We will soon be travelling very regularly to Africa. We always travel in CW for anything outside Europe.

Firstly, how likely is it we could get a corporate deal for our firm with BA? And secondly, who would we contact?
Old Nov 17, 2011, 3:45 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by JumboJim
We are a small UK headquartered company with small offices in 5 cities overseas. From the UK alone between us we travel at least once a week to cities in India, Middle East and Europe. From time to time we also fly to Asia and the US. We will soon be travelling very regularly to Africa. We always travel in CW for anything outside Europe.

Firstly, how likely is it we could get a corporate deal for our firm with BA? And secondly, who would we contact?
I always thought BA only did corporate deals for bigger companies than yours seems to be and that SMEs would only get special deals through corporate TA's such as AMEX or CWT.

Interesting question though and a nice change from all the whining
Old Nov 17, 2011, 3:59 am

Programs: BA Silver, MUCCI
"On Business" is what you are looking for. http://www.britishairways.com/travel...l/public/en_gb
Old Nov 17, 2011, 4:08 am

Originally Posted by Herman ze German
"On Business" is what you are looking for. http://www.britishairways.com/travel...l/public/en_gb
I think the OP was looking for a Corporate Deal (ie. cheaper base flight costs) rather than a business FF program.
Old Nov 17, 2011, 4:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR & BAEC Lifetime Gold, VS Red, EK Blue, HH Lifetime Diamond, IHG Gold, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by Herman ze German
We already use this, but its not really of any great benefit quite frankly.

Having done some back of a fag packet calculations I reckon if we combine our European office's travel we would reach around 100+ return CW flights in a year. I see from Virgin's website that they specify 100+ flights is the minimum level that they are willing to consider.
Old Nov 17, 2011, 4:35 am

Originally Posted by JumboJim
We already use this, but its not really of any great benefit quite frankly.

Having done some back of a fag packet calculations I reckon if we combine our European office's travel we would reach around 100+ return CW flights in a year. I see from Virgin's website that they specify 100+ flights is the minimum level that they are willing to consider.
What's your current and projected annual spend with BA?

So, lets say an average of £2-3K per CW flight, that's a £200K - £300K annual spend. This thread (from 2003) indicated that a spend from around £350K might start receiving some attention. If that was the figure then, i guess it'll be at least £500K now.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ate-deals.html

Have a read through that, in particular the post from Merry:

In the UK OnBusiness is designed for companies with a spend of less than GBP 350k. More than GBP 350 (roughly speaking) and you can get a Corporate deal.

Rough bands are (all proven spend with BA orig. in the UK):

350k - 500k = 4% discount
500k - 750k = 5-6% discount
750k - 1m = 7% discount
1m - 2m = 8% discount
2m+ = 10%+

However, BA will look at routes and ticket types. Specific route deals are normally more generous.
Things might have changed since then though. I guess you'll have to show a history of that sort of spend before you'll get the discounts - you won't just be able to say you're going to do it and get the discount immediately.
Old Nov 17, 2011, 5:06 am
Original Poster

[QUOTE=Paralytic;17466551]What's your current and projected annual spend with BA?

QUOTE]

Interesting, thanks Paralytic.

My flight expenses alone are in the region of £40k currently. Extrapolated throughout the company would probably mean current expenditure of around £250k. This will probably increase 30% in the next 12 months so we would creep over the £350k level.

So we're probably only a borderline case.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.