Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Executive Club changes - outstanding questions from 16 Nov

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Executive Club changes - outstanding questions from 16 Nov

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2011, 5:55 am

Upgrading segments, how?

We've been told that when flying for example CPH-LHR-LAX we could chose to upgrade only segment e.g. LHR-LAX.
I see no way of doing that online, if I choose book with cash upgrade with Avios there's no option other than upgrading the whole trip.
Old Nov 24, 2011, 6:10 am

Last edited by angatol; Mar 1, 2015 at 4:47 am
Old Nov 24, 2011, 6:36 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
I want to confirm that MFUs (especially JBA's ones) are sector based. E.g. if I go JFK-LAX-HNL (where there are no direct flights) I'd be charged the respective number of miles for each sector?
Old Nov 24, 2011, 8:18 am

Programs: BA Gold; Swiss Blue
Does the zonal map actually work?

Is it me or does the zonal map for finding availability not work?

I see no destinations... even if i change... and keep it all as "open as possible"

Any other experiences?
Old Nov 24, 2011, 2:21 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad Plat
Originally Posted by SWISSBOBBY
Is it me or does the zonal map for finding availability not work?

I see no destinations... even if i change... and keep it all as "open as possible"

Any other experiences?
Some people do not get any destinations to show up if your home airport is outside the UK...If you change the location to the UK you may find that you can at least check those flights...

This thread is highlighting some of the issues:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ity-chart.html

HTH,
Old Nov 25, 2011, 1:12 am

Last edited by angatol; Mar 1, 2015 at 4:11 am
Old Nov 25, 2011, 7:35 am
Company Representative - British Airways
Original Poster

Hi all

Apologies for the delay - I have posted some updates for you - there are still a few outstanding as some questions were not relaunch specific and I need help with a couple of other areas around the business. I will revert ASAP.

Best regards

nicci
Old Nov 25, 2011, 8:19 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by BA Executive Club
Hi all

Apologies for the delay - I have posted some updates for you - there are still a few outstanding as some questions were not relaunch specific and I need help with a couple of other areas around the business. I will revert ASAP.

Best regards

nicci
Thanks Nicci.

For others, Nicci's updates are in this post:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/17462106-post42.html

Last edited by Paralytic; Nov 25, 2011 at 8:39 am
Old Nov 25, 2011, 8:22 am

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
27) I am unclear as to the current limits of what we are allowed to open-jaw as return awards from the UK. (Obviously this only really applies to 241s, as otherwise they could be booked as two one-ways.)

e.g. East and West Coast USA?
USA and Canada or Mexico or Caribbean?
Peking and Japan or Singapore?
North and South Africa?
West and East Europe?

Unfortunately this is not as straightforward as publishing in a table I’m afraid. Open Jaws are permitted provided the surface sector is not longer than the flight sectors. This is driven by IATA ruling.
Hi Nicci. Thank you for confirming this. Just before I get too far with my planning, can you confirm that there is no secondary restriction that the turnaround must be in one IATA zone.

i.e. it sounds like LHR-LAX//EZE-LHR and -PVG//SYD- would be fine which is great. But how about -LAX//NRT- or -MCT//MLE- ?

Thanks!
Old Nov 25, 2011, 8:32 am
Lux

Nicci, thank you for your detailed answers and corporate mea culpa.

My question: have you taken the opportunity of the relaunch to align GGL membership year with Executive Club membership year, or at least make it clear when the GGL year ends? At the moment the latter seems to be almost 'secret' if you've been GGL for three or four years and have lost track of the start date.
Old Nov 25, 2011, 9:36 am

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
Nicci - thank you for answering my question about BKK and HKG and confirming that I am getting the hang of the new pricing .
Old Nov 25, 2011, 9:36 am
Original Poster

Hi Lux

The GGL year does align with the Executive Club membership in the year you renew at Gold. The reason it does not appear to align is because GGL is a benefit that you can earn at any point in your membership year in year 1 so to ensure members receive the full benefit they have GGL status for the remainder of the membership year they earned it as well as the following Executive Club year.

Let me know if I'm missing the question and I will review this again.

Best regards

Nicci
Old Nov 25, 2011, 9:45 am

Programs: BA GGLfL
Hi Lux

The GGL year does align with the Executive Club membership in the year you renew at Gold. The reason it does not appear to align is because GGL is a benefit that you can earn at any point in your membership year in year 1 so to ensure members receive the full benefit they have GGL status for the remainder of the membership year they earned it as well as the following Executive Club year.

Let me know if I'm missing the question and I will review this again.

Best regards

Nicci
Isn't the annual redemption "Joker" year a little different? For example, my Gold year expires in May but I have previously been told by the Priority Line that I have until June of each year to use or lose my "joker".
Old Nov 25, 2011, 9:56 am
Original Poster

The Gold Guest List reward does indeed work differently - this is valid for a rolling year. So if you earn GGL in June 2011, for example, it's valid until June 2012.

Best regards

nicci
Old Nov 25, 2011, 9:57 am
Lux

Nicci - I think that Lolbert has asked the question I meant to ask, as looking back when I asked the GGL team the question about the GGL redemption the answer was:
The tracking period for collecting tier points runs from xxx to xxx each year [i.e. my normal Executive Club year]. The anniversary date for using your Gold Guest List redemption benefit is xxx [earlier in the calendar year] as this was the date you originally upgraded to this level.
Confusing, non? It was for me, I nearly missed my chance to use the redemption!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.