Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transfer Avios (Iberia Plus) to Avios (BA)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2012, 5:43 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Diamond, Hilton Gold,
Just found this thread after speaking to the Exec Club after having difficulty with ba.com and requesting combining points from Iberia (it wouldn't accept my Iberia membership number and pin). They helped but have moved the points the wrong way BA- Iberia but are struggling to reverse the transaction. I have used the above guide but can't see the combine Avios button at the bottom of the page in my account area in my Iberia account. Does anyone know why this is not visible on all accounts. My account is about 4 months old so this should not be the problem.

I am trying to transfer into a household account at BA - it looks as though this is an issue. I also have a household account at Avios that looks as though it will be a problem too. I am waiting for BA customer services to call back to see if the transaction can be reversed before I speak with Iberia.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 4:49 pm

Silly question, but before I go and create an Iberia account and find out, can someone tell me if transfers are at par - i.e., one to one? Thank you.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 5:15 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by makin'miles
Silly question, but before I go and create an Iberia account and find out, can someone tell me if transfers are at par - i.e., one to one? Thank you.
I've not done a transfer that way but yes, 1 Ibera Avios = 1 BA Avios = 1 Avios Avios.
Old Jan 14, 2012, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is this option only available to UK based BAEC members?
Old Jan 14, 2012, 11:19 pm

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by flyoff
I am trying to transfer into a household account at BA - it looks as though this is an issue. I also have a household account at Avios that looks as though it will be a problem too. I am waiting for BA customer services to call back to see if the transaction can be reversed before I speak with Iberia.
Yes, these are problems. You can transfer just from BA household to Iberia, not the other way around, and I think you can't use an avios.com household account at all - you must dissolve the household account.
I can't find Combine My Avios on the Iberia's site, but that does not matter, you can use BAEC or avios.com. How to transfer from IB to BAEC, see matinee-allstars'post above
Old Feb 3, 2012, 9:07 pm

Programs: UA,DL,CZ
Originally Posted by matinée-allstars
I have struggled for over a month with the problem of transferring Avios from Iberia Plus to a BA Exec Club Household account

BA and Iberia were not aware of the issue until recently

It doesn't appear to be a fault with the system as text is coded into the application explaining the transfer is one-way only. I guess there must be legal or data protection reasons why the Iberia ---> BAEC HHA isn't possible

I did find an easy solution:

Create an Avios account (with Avios) (I think it needs to have the same email address as the Iberia Plus and BAEC accounts)

Transfer the Avios from your Iberia Plus to your Avios account

Then transfer the Avios from your Avios account to your BA Exec Club Household account

It worked for me - 2 transactions and the Avios were in my BAEC instantly
But if you have status with Iberia Plus, you can not take advanatge of this when your IB points go into your BAEC account without elite status, right?
Old Feb 10, 2012, 8:51 am

i want to transfer from iberia to avios.com

my iberia account has activity june last year
my avios accoutn has activity last month
ive checked both account and they appear to match (address, etc)

for some reason i dont have "combine my avios" on the iberia website

i have that option on the avios site and the transfer wont work

email to avios.com resulted in a reply saying my account was innactive at iberia.com

iberia.com wont reply to emails

any suggestions? thanks
Old Feb 10, 2012, 9:26 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Just created an IB Plus account so I can use it with 4 upcoming Hilton stays I have booked in order to get 750 IB Avios per night instead of 500 BA Avios.

It took several attempts to enter it onto the Hilton site but worked eventually.

I then tried to transfer 1 Avio from Avios.com (non household) to IB but got the account needs to be 3 months old error.

Is this going to be annoying me later when the Hilton points eventually post there?
Old Feb 10, 2012, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by PanGalactic
Is this going to be annoying me later when the Hilton points eventually post there?
Yes if you want to use the Avios in less than 3 months. No otherwise.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 9:40 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Originally Posted by stifle
Yes if you want to use the Avios in less than 3 months. No otherwise.
No problem, I can wait, thanks
Old Feb 10, 2012, 9:44 am

Programs: AADVANTAGE, Iberia Plus, BA Exec Blue, Hertz #1Gold, HHonors Gold, AS, Paradores Amigos
Iberia "Customer Service": does not exist

Originally Posted by lfc84
iberia.com wont reply to emails
Customer Service is a concept that does not really exist in Spanish corporations and it is time that IAG got in there and sorted Iberia out.

We have been trying to transfer my partner's Iberia points to his BAEC Avios account without success. The points have now expired and I emailed Iberia on 4th January without a squeak in reply. I have sent another request for an answer and copied it to Willy Walsh, Chairman of IAG, the new parent group.

I would urge all of you being ignored by Iberia in this disgusting fashion to write to Willy Walsh, with a copy of your emails etc.

His address can be found here:-
http://www.iairgroup.com/phoenix.zht...0949&p=contact

Good luck to us all!
Old Feb 15, 2012, 4:24 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Premier
ok - for a long time i struggled with this - first waiting for my iberia membership to reach 3 months - then fighting the iberia website - then ringing iberia all to no avail....

my problem was due to my BAEC being a household acct - and so iberia could not transfer and the combine my avios was not visible. (this is actually in T&Cs but is obscurely worded IMHO)

So.... I disassembled my household account..... made the iberia to BAEC transfer via the BAEC combine my avios bit.... and then reassembled the household acct all within about 15 mins. All personnel and points present and correct. YMMV

NB if you have under 18s with avios points you may need to understand some of the small print.... I have also heard that you may not reassemble a household acct within 6 months - but seemed to work for me...

Hope helpful to someone out there
Old Feb 16, 2012, 2:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
You don't need to do all that, just transfer from Iberia to Avios.com to BA. Works fine if you have an individual Avios.com account.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 3:25 am

Last edited by angatol; Mar 1, 2015 at 4:34 am
Old Feb 16, 2012, 3:48 am

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
You can put any address there, it's not like they send you something physically.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.