Lloyds Avios credit cards

Old Apr 17, 2012, 4:00 am

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
Originally Posted by OrchardTravel
I've racked up about £1500 on the card in the last few days, but have no idea how to pay it off.

There's been no comms, I can't register for online banking without calling someone, giving them a reference and having them pass me to someone else, and someone else, and someone else...

Also, should I receive anything from Avios.com saying welcome here's your account details, or does this come from Lloyds?

I'm generally very confused on Tuesdays so I might have missed something obvious.
With regards to paying it off, who do you bank with? One of my banks is First Direct. I just went to their set up a new payment page, and it gives you a choice for bank, card, and card type. It was still showing up as Airmiles card when I linked it. It didn't show the sort code and account details. As for a reference, use your card number. Payment should be quick after that.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 4:11 am

Programs: Mucci de Pucci, BA Gold, Delta SkyMiles, CX Gold, AMEX Plat, 25 meter swimming badge
Originally Posted by dddc
With regards to paying it off, who do you bank with? One of my banks is First Direct. I just went to their set up a new payment page, and it gives you a choice for bank, card, and card type. It was still showing up as Airmiles card when I linked it. It didn't show the sort code and account details. As for a reference, use your card number. Payment should be quick after that.
Natwest, I just tried and it allows me to make AMEX LLoyds Sterling payments to cards beginning [my card number]. However it also has the Avios Duo Mastercard specifically listed, which I haven't and probably won't use.

Is it safe to go with the payment starting [my card number] even though it's not Avios Duo specific?
Old Apr 17, 2012, 4:17 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, UA Silver, CC Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by David_Doyle
I'll need to check the T's and C's, but normally I thought the Miles/Avios for spend for cards were per transaction, not per statement total i.e.

£1.39
£1.61

= £3 spent, but only £2 of actual 'spend' for Avios/miles purposes, since it's the integer figure for each transaction which is used.

Using a spreadsheet and calculating on a transaction basis, my figures are in line with earnings (though, no bonus currently being applied, that is due to be corrected)
Is this true? that makes calculating miles amazingly hard
Old Apr 17, 2012, 4:22 am

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
Originally Posted by dc2447
I don't think so. There was a post quoting from the T&Cs recently, possibly one of Panny's, but I can't immediately find it. He'll no doubt be along shortly to tell us the answer
Old Apr 17, 2012, 4:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
I've racked up about £1500 on the card in the last few days, but have no idea how to pay it off.
Your statement will have the info when it arrives, or when it appears online.
I'll need to check the T's and C's, but normally I thought the Miles/Avios for spend for cards were per transaction, not per statement total ...
That's the case with cards issued by American Express, and to a worse extent by Tesco MasterCard.

My LTSB Duo card account pays up on the statement total.
Is it safe to go with the payment starting [my card number] even though it's not Avios Duo specific?
Not a definitive answer, but the LTSB statement combines spend on both cards and requests a single payment to settle the account.

Personally, I'd not risk making a payment unless I was sure that it would end up in the right account.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 4:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
It's the way that both Amex and Tesco do it, so I don't see why it should be surprising if Lloyds TSB also does it like this.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 4:34 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, UA Silver, CC Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Globaliser
It's the way that both Amex and Tesco do it, so I don't see why it should be surprising if Lloyds TSB also does it like this.
tesco specifically tells you per transaction though, that's a massive difference from getting some random total
Old Apr 17, 2012, 4:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
tesco specifically tells you per transaction though, that's a massive difference from getting some random total
Reading this thread, it can hardly come as a surprise to find that Amex and Tesco communicate better with their customers than Lloyds TSB.

But if the methodology is the same, it would seem to be quite unsurprising.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 4:37 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
I was under the impression this was how it worked. I haven't had a statement to check yet, but I'm assuming that this is how it will be and if it turns out to be anything different then I'll end up with more points than I anticipated, not less.

It's all very well saying "your statement will have the info" regarding paying off the card, but for people like myself who were given teenie tiny credit limits, that's not an option.

I've been paying money off the card via faster payments about twice a week. I've hit the credit limit 6 times before the first statement has even generated.
Faster payments worked fine for me, and that's without any accounts with Lloyds at all apart from this card.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 4:44 am

Programs: BMI DC, BAEC, Tufty Club, Blue Peter Badge Winners Club, 25m Backstroke Society
I'll need to check the T's and C's, but normally I thought the Miles/Avios for spend for cards were per transaction, not per statement total i.e.

£1.39
£1.61

= £3 spent, but only £2 of actual 'spend' for Avios/miles purposes, since it's the integer figure for each transaction which is used.

Using a spreadsheet and calculating on a transaction basis, my figures are in line with earnings (though, no bonus currently being applied, that is due to be corrected)
Only Amex-branded cards, like their Membership Rewards schemes (Platinum, Gold) calculate points per transaction (I think)- so if you spend £1.99 ten times, you get 10 points despite spending nearly £20.

With Lloyds, much as with MBNA BMI cards, they are at least decent enough to add your points up at the end - so if you spend £1.99 ten times, you will get 19 points (I assume they round down). Using your £3 example above, you shoudl get £3 worth of points (3.75 base plus bonus, total 37.5).

Happy to be corrected but this has been my experience.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 4:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Got first statement, all correct inc the bonus miles. Very worrying!
Old Apr 17, 2012, 4:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci

There's been no comms, I can't register for online banking without calling someone, giving them a reference and having them pass me to someone else, and someone else, and someone else...

Also, should I receive anything from Avios.com saying welcome here's your account details, or does this come from Lloyds?

I'm generally very confused on Tuesdays so I might have missed something obvious.
Do a Faster Payment to sort code 77-29-00 account number 00000000 with the reference number of your Amex card's 15-digit number, no spaces or punctuation.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 5:20 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by louie-m
£4,080 (UK spend) not £5,100 (1.25 Avios per £)
^ - that'll teach me to not show my working

so in my HH 50% success rate for bonus points

im just glad that it is mine that is working as I have about £12k to put through and a month abroad. the OH is "only! missing 40k points
Old Apr 17, 2012, 6:42 am

Originally Posted by pommyboi
We've just got our next Lloyds TSB Premier Duo card in the house, with a useful credit limit this time! The fun starts again.

This time we will get communications in writing from Lloyds and get the £50 back as soon as there is a problem.

Good luck, keep chasing your missing points.
We've applied for another card in the family. Applied on the 19th March, got a letter asking for address verification, which was sent, and then received back from Lloyds. Didn't hear anything so called them and was told they had forgotten to scan the ID so I had to submit it again mad:

Took ID into branch and was faxed to new business team. Left it a week as heard nothing. Called up today and was told it was sitting on someones desk and had not been sent to proccessing!!!

Don't know if we are ever going to receive this card and assume have already missed out on a month of bonus avios
Old Apr 17, 2012, 7:01 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Statement on the 8th? (Unlucky?)

I just called Lloyds (again) to see why my points haven't posted on the 8th or 9th this month as usual and was told there was a system wide problem with everybody who gets their statement on the 8th. They are working on a solution apparently but cannot give me an expected resolution date.

Can anyone else who's statement date is the 8th please confirm whether this is the case for them too or is it just yet another big fat Lloyds porkie pie?

Thanks

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.