Lloyds Avios credit cards

Old Mar 14, 2012, 4:52 am

Originally Posted by mdj1
Well pretty chuffed.

360,000 avios earn't from this promotion.

Would be good to hear if anyone has really rinsed it and got 7 figures.
You've done well!

After my complaint on Monday I finally have a result - the bonus Avios have appeared this morning for the first two statements. I hope I don't have to fight to get the bonus for the third (and part of the fourth) statement!
Old Mar 14, 2012, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
5x Avios on the regular Lloyds TSB Duo Avios AmEx

Much of our discussion on bonuses for the Lloyds TSB cards has been about the Premier fee-payable card.

I haven't seen this posted before, but the regular no-fee Lloyds TSB Duo Avios AmEx card is offering 5x Avios for new accounts for the first three months.
Take five times more

You’ll get five times more Avios on almost everything* you put on your Lloyds TSB Duo Avios American Express Card for the first three months**. There’s no minimum or maximum spend. Just five times the Avios.
http://www.avios.com/collect/lloydst..._CollectBanner
Old Mar 14, 2012, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by Roger
Much of our discussion on bonuses for the Lloyds TSB cards has been about the Premier fee-payable card.

I haven't seen this posted before, but the regular no-fee Lloyds TSB Duo Avios AmEx card is offering 5x Avios for new accounts for the first three months.

I doubt anybody who is interested enough in Avios to be on here would want to take it up over the Premier card!
Old Mar 14, 2012, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Oh, I don't know. It's better than the standard offer and is more accessible than some of the weird opportunities we see around here.

OTOH if I never have another LTSB card again, it will be too soon (to misquote Groucho Marx).
Old Mar 14, 2012, 9:53 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Originally Posted by Roger

It wouldn't take much spending in the first 3 months to make £50 extra worth of Avios on the 10x deal.

Anyone worried about the £50 card fee probably shouldn't be getting a credit card in the first place!

Also, several people here have had their card fee (and more) refunded by simply making a complaint, which finding a reason for isn't that hard where Lloyds are concerned!
Old Mar 14, 2012, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by PanGalactic
Also, several people here have had their card fee (and more) refunded by simply making a complaint, which finding a reason for isn't that hard where Lloyds are concerned!
Indeed, I've had about 2.5x the card fee refunded after making two (valid) complaints so far!
Old Mar 15, 2012, 4:47 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Well my third set of base points posted, along with bonus points. That takes my total from the promo to over 330k
Now I'll wait to see if I get base points for the items dated before the statement date but fell on to the next statement!
Old Mar 15, 2012, 4:50 am

Originally Posted by britbronco22
Well my third set of base points posted, along with bonus points. That takes my total from the promo to over 330k
Now I'll wait to see if I get base points for the items dated before the statement date but fell on to the next statement!
I was told that the bonus points ran for three months from the date the card account was opened, which in my case doesn't align with the statement date.

The complaints person is going to put the end date in writing so I'll have something to hit them with if they only pay the bonus on the first 3 statements.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 4:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Well, with time running out I have taken the plunge and applied on behalf of my wife. Let's see if they have sorted their systems out by now.

3 months would run to June 15th which would take in the Jubilee holiday weekend as well, should we get away for that. I need to target at least 250,000 Avios, I think! Very annoyed that I had to already pay a 40% deposit for our Barbados trip in early May!

If you are BA Gold, it is worth looking at exisiting redemption bookings made on other credit cards to see if you could cancel and rebook (ensure availability is still there first!), moving the taxes to the Lloyds card. However, double check the fuel surcharge first as it could have increased since your original booking.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 4:56 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Olly-
I was told that the bonus points ran for three months from the date the card account was opened, which in my case doesn't align with the statement date.

The complaints person is going to put the end date in writing so I'll have something to hit them with if they only pay the bonus on the first 3 statements.
Yes I know that is the official line, but it remains to be seen if a fourth bonus will post without chasing. I'd rather avoid the hassle of that!
Old Mar 15, 2012, 5:03 am

Originally Posted by britbronco22
Yes I know that is the official line, but it remains to be seen if a fourth bonus will post without chasing. I'd rather avoid the hassle of that!
Did you have to chase them for the bonus on your first two statements?
Old Mar 15, 2012, 5:11 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Originally Posted by Raffles
Very annoyed that I had to already pay a 40% deposit for our Barbados trip in early May!
Surely it's worth a call to see if you can pay the whole trip with your LTSBPDA and get the deposit refunded to your BAPP.

I did that with a 1000 euro hotel deposit and it worked a treat, even made a profit on the exchange rate ^
Old Mar 15, 2012, 5:15 am

On another note, does anybody think they will extend the offer again at the end of the month? I can get my partner to apply but I don't want the two cards to overlap as it'd be a waste, plus I have some large bills to pay in July that I can put on Amex so if they extended it until the end of April that would be very handy!
Old Mar 15, 2012, 5:45 am
Suspended

Programs: Mucci, BAEC (Silver), FlyBe
Not with people like 360k mdj1 around!
Old Mar 15, 2012, 5:47 am
Suspended

OK, I just called Lloyds to cancel my LTSBPDA, here is what happened.....

She started taking details including asking me why I wanted to cancel the card, to which I answered as follows:

1. Because the companion voucher only kicks in at £15,000 on the LTSBPDA whereas the BAPP gives one at £10,000
2. Because the LTSBPDA companion voucher can only be used in short haul Y whereas the BAPP companion voucher can be used on any redemption flight.
3. Because I only get 1.25 Avios per £ on the LTSBPDA whereas the BAPP gives me 1.5 and double on BA spend (which surprisingly has gone up quite a bit since I joined FT )

I then stopped the questions and said that normally when i call to cancel a card I am usually offered some sort of incentive in order to keep the card but it sounds like she was going to do that.

She said, NO sir, the procedure here is just to close the card if the customer asks to but i can put you through to retention to see if they can offer you anything if you like.

Got passed through to retention and was asked the same questions again.

I asked if they were prepared to offer me any incentive to keep the card to which the answer was NO.

"Suddenly" I remembered the Avios.com 2,000 bonuses for collecting with a new partner (Has anyone got one from the LTSBPDA yet by the way?) and said that since the card fee would not be until November, I may aswell keep the card until then and spend £80 per quarter on the Amex in order to get the 2,000 bonuses, thanked her for her time and said goodbye.

A bit disappointing but assuming I get the bonuses, I am due 2,000 already and £240 spend between now and november for another 6,000 is not to be sniffed at, I just have to remember to actually spend the £80's each quarter and cancel before Mid November

Last edited by PanGalactic; Mar 15, 2012 at 6:12 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.