Lloyds Avios credit cards

Old Dec 5, 2011, 2:51 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Does anyone have any experience on how long its taking for cards/ rejection to turn up?
Old Dec 5, 2011, 2:57 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by PanGalactic
Have you checked your credit report?
I was rejected too, and I am 999 with Experian (creditexpert). I'm going to check Equifax too as Amex did bugger up my Gold card when they closed it, meaning they thought I still owned them money and despite saying it was cleared up, I've had 3 sets of late payment letters. They've assured my it hasn't affected my credit rating, but I frankly don't trust them.

If its not that, then its just a profiling thing as my credit history is unblemished.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 5:47 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Wow this can be an amazing offer for people with a high spend, I only just noticed this thread, I'm surprised the offer hasn't been flagged up more heavily!

Now I just need to time my application to minimise the period between applying and picking up my card when I am home at Christmas!
I hope I can maintain my current £3k+/month spend for the next quarter, if so its Happy days!

P.S Most of my spend is overseas, but I think the chances of getting 25 points per £ is highly unlikely!! No mention of it in the T&Cs
Old Dec 5, 2011, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by Cap'n Benj
Does anyone have any experience on how long its taking for cards/ rejection to turn up?
It took a week for mine to come through - I applied a week last Sunday, so presumably the application was processed on the Monday, and the confirmation arrived on Friday (it's a combined "you've been successful, here's your PIN number" letter), and the cards came this morning.

Just in time for 12.5 Avios / £ on the Christmas shopping!
Old Dec 5, 2011, 1:22 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Paralytic
I was rejected too, and I am 999 with Experian (creditexpert). I'm going to check Equifax too as Amex did bugger up my Gold card when they closed it, meaning they thought I still owned them money and despite saying it was cleared up, I've had 3 sets of late payment letters. They've assured my it hasn't affected my credit rating, but I frankly don't trust them.

If its not that, then its just a profiling thing as my credit history is unblemished.
I was also rejected, and there's no problem with our credit rating either. We do have 2 BA Amex cards and 2 Platinum charge cards within the household, so maybe they thought we had enough.

Or perhaps they think that us Scots won't spend enough!
Old Dec 10, 2011, 12:11 pm

Broken link on Avios website?

I'm trying to apply for this card but every time I click on the big orange "apply now" button, the window that opens is the same page that I just left! Is anyone else experiencing this or am I just being a little slow?
Old Dec 10, 2011, 1:01 pm

Programs: BA Gold, BMI, ANA, HH Blue, SPG Gold
I got my cards today and no mention of 10x offer for first three months on AMEX, but this is mentioned on website. I might be tempted to use it on my trip to the USA at 25 points per £!
Old Dec 10, 2011, 1:10 pm

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Originally Posted by dark_horse
You have two separate accounts (BAEC and Avios.com), but both use the same currency (Avios). You can transfer points back and forth between the two, so long as your BAEC account has you listed in the UK (at least, I think that was my problem). Think of it a bit like the euro, where you have separate bank accounts in France and Germany but can put the same currency in either.
Just wanting to clarify that the Lloyd's card is different from the BA Amex, but the same as the SPG Amex, with no auto transfer of miles ?

Also wondering if you can elaborate on the problem you encountered. My BAEC is (currently) in Europe but I have a UK based Airmiles a/c. Am I not going to be able to make transfers from my Airmiles A/C and any miles I earn if I get a Lloyd's card, whilst my BAEC is based overseas ?
Old Dec 10, 2011, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Frequentflyer99

Also wondering if you can elaborate on the problem you encountered. My BAEC is (currently) in Europe but I have a UK based Airmiles a/c. Am I not going to be able to make transfers from my Airmiles A/C and any miles I earn if I get a Lloyd's card, whilst my BAEC is based overseas ?
The miles from the credit card should become Avios at the end of the month.

You should be able to combine using the combing my miles from either the Avios or BA EC. You will find this in the my account section of your two accounts when online. On the BA EC its at the bottom of the middle screen. Or was the last time I looked.

You cant combine from a household Avios account.
Old Dec 10, 2011, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by origin
The miles from the credit card should become Avios at the end of the month.

You should be able to combine using the combing my miles from either the Avios or BA EC. You will find this in the my account section of your two accounts when online. On the BA EC its at the bottom of the middle screen. Or was the last time I looked.

You cant combine from a household Avios account.
Thanks. I have checked and I cannot transfer between my UK Airmiles account and my Euro BAEC account as the details do not match.

No biggy there, but is the location of the BAEC relevant to the Lloyds card auto-transfer ? IF it is, any reason why I cannot get the Llloyd's miles to post to my old Airmiles account ??

Last edited by Frequentflyer99; Dec 10, 2011 at 1:33 pm
Old Dec 10, 2011, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
There is no UK restriction on transfers. I have happily moved from EuroCheat BA ac to UK Avios account. If the transfer fails it is because Avios does not have your DOB or it has one which does not match your BAEC account. DOB is the key security match. Annoyingly, though, you cannot see your DOB on the Avios site, you need to call. And they need a passport copy to change it if incorrect.

Or, of course, your Avios ac is a HHA. No restriction on BA HHA, I think.
Old Dec 10, 2011, 1:47 pm

Programs: BA Gold, BMI, ANA, HH Blue, SPG Gold
Have just spent $100 at Macy's online. Had to use a false zip code, as they don't like UK addresses, but look forward to approx 1600 AVIOS points!
Old Dec 10, 2011, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by Raffles
There is no UK restriction on transfers. I have happily moved from EuroCheat BA ac to UK Avios account. If the transfer fails it is because Avios does not have your DOB or it has one which does not match your BAEC account. DOB is the key security match. Annoyingly, though, you cannot see your DOB on the Avios site, you need to call. And they need a passport copy to change it if incorrect.

Or, of course, your Avios ac is a HHA. No restriction on BA HHA, I think.
Thanks for the suggestion. it was not DOB (I can't see where Avios has a space for that) but non-matching e-mail addresses which was the problem. It seems that if they match it does not matter that the addresses are in different countries. How very odd !
Old Dec 10, 2011, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Thanks for the suggestion. it was not DOB (I can't see where Avios has a space for that) but non-matching e-mail addresses which was the problem. It seems that if they match it does not matter that the addresses are in different countries. How very odd !
DOB is an issue. I tried to move my Mum's and it was rejected. Email to Avios confirmed, after a few days, her DOB's don't match. I now need to get a scan of her passport!
Old Dec 10, 2011, 3:33 pm

Programs: BA Silver, HHonors, SPG, Marriott, A|Club, Tesco CC, Costa Coffee Club
+1: I was initially unable to merge my Avios due to differing email addresses.

Incidentally, just before the Avios launch day, I called to reactivate an Airmiles account that had been cancelled (for non-use) about two years ago. The website said such accounts could be reactivated (and keep the same account number) but expired Airmiles would not be re-credited.

To my great surprise (and delight), once the account was finally accessible on-line (just after Avios launch day) I had over 17,000 Avios. The expired Airmiles HAD been restored, and converted to Avios (10:1).

So for anyone with long-expired Airmiles account, it could be worth a call to try and reactivate. Doesn't matter if you don't know the account number, or even the linked email address. Postcode and name are sufficient for the call centre to locate the account. I would suggest NOT asking for expired miles to be recredited, at least initially. Just reactivate the account and see what happens.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.