Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lloyds Avios credit cards

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2012, 3:36 pm

I wish these were availiable in the US, I'm addicted to Avios!
Old Mar 5, 2012, 2:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
There's a Visa Signature card issued by Chase that has a 100K Avios intro bonus... *ducks*
Old Mar 5, 2012, 3:09 am

Originally Posted by stifle
There's a Visa Signature card issued by Chase that has a 100K Avios intro bonus... *ducks*
Wish we had that here
Old Mar 5, 2012, 3:33 pm

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
Purchases not showing up.

How long are you finding it takes for purchases to post? Not the Avios, but the actuall purchase to show on Lloydstsb.com?

I bought a BA flight on Wednesday night - had to prepay as it was over my tiny limit, and it still isn't showing up online! I've actually got trasnactions done the day after showing, but not the BA flight.

I know the flight is ok as I have a PRN and its showing up in MMB - and I've checked I have used the Lloyds card and not another one there. I'm wondering if it doesn't post just to let it be. Shame I didn't book J if that's the case!!
Old Mar 5, 2012, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by dddc
How long are you finding it takes for purchases to post? Not the Avios, but the actuall purchase to show on Lloydstsb.com?

I bought a BA flight on Wednesday night - had to prepay as it was over my tiny limit, and it still isn't showing up online! I've actually got trasnactions done the day after showing, but not the BA flight.

I know the flight is ok as I have a PRN and its showing up in MMB - and I've checked I have used the Lloyds card and not another one there. I'm wondering if it doesn't post just to let it be. Shame I didn't book J if that's the case!!
They seem to take forever - longer than any other card I've had. I have transactions from a week ago not yet showing online! Another Lloyds annoyance.
Old Mar 5, 2012, 3:40 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Olly-
They seem to take forever - longer than any other card I've had. I have transactions from a week ago not yet showing online! Another Lloyds annoyance.
I think the guy that manually types the transactions into their web pages has a few days holiday, hence the extra delay.
Old Mar 5, 2012, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by Paralytic
I'd presume the guy that manually types them into their web pages has a few days holiday, hence the extra delay.
Hahaha! I heard that it was because Chantelle at Lloyds Online broke a fingernail and is currently unable to enter the transaction details from the punch cards they are sent by Amex.
Old Mar 5, 2012, 4:22 pm

Programs: QF Gold
So have people confirmed that they have started receiving 25 Avios for foreign spend?

I have a LHR-MUC to book - but thinking of booking on expedia.de or somehow to force the transaction in EUR instead of GBP!

Assuming Lloyds will ever confirm the 10x promo that is.
Old Mar 5, 2012, 11:54 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by wellsy
So have people confirmed that they have started receiving 25 Avios for foreign spend?

I have a LHR-MUC to book - but thinking of booking on expedia.de or somehow to force the transaction in EUR instead of GBP!

Assuming Lloyds will ever confirm the 10x promo that is.
Yes you will get a 9x bonus on top of your base points. You will get 2.5 base points on foreign spend, so effectively you will get 25x.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 2:09 am

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
Originally Posted by Olly-
Hahaha! I heard that it was because Chantelle at Lloyds Online broke a fingernail and is currently unable to enter the transaction details from the punch cards they are sent by Amex.
I thought it must have been done by the same team that managed to lose all those proof of addresses documents we had to send in multiple times.....

Finally posted this morning. I have a more accuate figure of my credit available now and know how much I can spend again before prepaying. That is assuming I can find places to take Amex. Now I found the company I get my annual travel insurance from no longer takes Amex. Pretty sure they did before.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 2:14 am

Originally Posted by dddc
I thought it must have been done by the same team that managed to lose all those proof of addresses documents we had to send in multiple times.....

Finally posted this morning. I have a more accuate figure of my credit available now and know how much I can spend again before prepaying. That is assuming I can find places to take Amex. Now I found the company I get my annual travel insurance from no longer takes Amex. Pretty sure they did before.
I've not used my Barclaycard in the last month or so, everywhere I've been has taken Amex! Just had the March statement generated for the Lloyds card and should get a tasty 52525 Avios from it, and I've just cleared the balance (yet again thanks to the rubbish credit limit) ready for my partner's ~£2000 New York hotel bill which should generate another 50,000 Avios.

If the offer is still on when my three months is up I'll get my partner to apply so we can get another three months of this
Old Mar 6, 2012, 2:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Offer currently scheduled to end on March 29th.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 3:13 am

Originally Posted by stifle
Offer currently scheduled to end on March 29th.
Perhaps it'll end early when they realise how many Avios they're going to have to dish out?
Old Mar 6, 2012, 3:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
I had a thought. There may yet be some benefits in Eurocheating!

If you Eurocheat your BA account, all taxes on award tickets are charged in Euros, even for tickets ex-UK. On Reward Saver you actually save money, as it is Euro 27 vs £27! Someone looking at booking 4 J Avios seats and thus facing a £2,000 bill for taxes would be 30,000 Avios better off if they Eurocheated and then paid the £2k in Euros.

However, you cannot move your account back to the UK for 6 months (unless that rule is now scrapped now tier point thresholds have been aligned).

It may also worth booking hotels and flights through non-UK websites (eg expedia.com and not expedia.co.uk) in order to see prices in $ and not £.

You could also explore cancelling any existing reward flights (assuming the seats are still there) and rebooking them using your Lloyds Avios card. The refund would be credited to whatever card you originally used, and you can leave it sitting there until your 3-month Avios period is over.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 5:35 pm

Programs: Just a lowly Blue ;(
Looks like they've started to sort things out as the spend from my amex and mastercard have just shown as two separate transactions on my avios account, although no bonus avios yet.

Although I think I need to check my printed statement as it says I've only collected 16,800 this month. I'm sure it should be more

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.