Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lloyds Avios credit cards

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2012, 8:26 am

Still no sign of my bonus Avios from the first statement, and the second statement is due to be generated in the next 5 days or so. Perhaps they'll arrive soon!
Old Feb 28, 2012, 9:01 am

Programs: BA IHG
Originally Posted by PanGalactic
Don't forget if you are bringing spend forward like this in order to get the bonus Avios, make sure you ask for good discounts too!!!
Gift vouchers from stores you know you are going to shop at this year is another good way to bring some spend forward. My groceries for the rest of the year are going to be taking part in this promo.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 9:45 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Originally Posted by cmcbugg
Gift vouchers from stores you know you are going to shop at this year is another good way to bring some spend forward. My groceries for the rest of the year are going to be taking part in this promo.
Asda Monkey Bank ^^
Old Feb 28, 2012, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by cmcbugg
I've been buying £100 Tesco gift cards every time I go near the place for the last month. Yesterday my wife was told that a supervisor now has to be called for any £100 gift cards. I wonder if they've noticed a sudden jump in the quantity being sold? If they start making it difficult I'll go for £99 in future .
Old Feb 28, 2012, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by SteveF
I've been buying £100 Tesco gift cards every time I go near the place for the last month. Yesterday my wife was told that a supervisor now has to be called for any £100 gift cards. I wonder if they've noticed a sudden jump in the quantity being sold? If they start making it difficult I'll go for £99 in future .
Bought one today myself! Operator just stated that whoever was to receive it was a lucky person!

I've had my card now for over 2 months. 2 statements down and still no bonus points. Phoned again today and yes my name is on list, but still can't give me any time scales to when it will be fixed!
Old Feb 29, 2012, 12:22 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Well, so far today on Mr P's shiny new Lloyds Avios Duo Premier Amex I have paid:

My car insurance for a year instead of monthly, saving £140 (and also blagged a free MOT voucher)
Mrs P's Gym membership for year instead of monthly saving £225

With the bonus Avios, I'll also be getting about 28,000 for the first 2 transactions and I'm just getting warmed up

So not only earning Sh!tloads of Avios, but saving money at the same time.

Don't forget if you are bringing spend forward like this in order to get the bonus Avios, make sure you ask for good discounts too!!!

Let the rinsing begin!!!
Don't forget to ask if you can pay in Euros!!
Old Feb 29, 2012, 2:52 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

If I want to pay my bill via an online payment, what do I use as the Sort Code/Account Number?

The Sort Code seems OK - '77-29-00', but the Account Number seems to be '00000000' on the payment slip. Is this correct Account Number? If so, I assume that I then put my Credit Card number in the 'Your Reference' part of the payment?

Cheers.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 3:07 am

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
If I want to pay my bill via an online payment, what do I use as the Sort Code/Account Number?

The Sort Code seems OK - '77-29-00', but the Account Number seems to be '00000000' on the payment slip. Is this correct Account Number? If so, I assume that I then put my Credit Card number in the 'Your Reference' part of the payment?

Cheers.
The account number is indeed a load of zeros, the sort code is looks ok (it's the same as my internet banking used automatically) and you do put your account number as the reference, but I recommend that you try a small transfer first, say £10, to ensure that you do not accidentally pay another person's account.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 3:21 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

The account number is indeed a load of zeros, the sort code is looks ok (it's the same as my internet banking used automatically) and you do put your account number as the reference, but I recommend that you try a small transfer first, say £10, to ensure that you do not accidentally pay another person's account.
Thanks!
Old Feb 29, 2012, 3:40 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Same here and I set it up through Lloyds own online banking system.

77-29-00 all 0's and my Amex card number as the reference
Old Feb 29, 2012, 4:24 am

Same here and I set it up through Lloyds own online banking system.
You mean they actually have one?
Old Feb 29, 2012, 4:26 am

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
Originally Posted by DYKWIA

Cheers.
First Direct don't give you the option to use Sort Code and Account number - you have to select from "Banks" then a list of card types come up, with the Duo Card still showing as Airmiles, not Avios. It wasn't until it was listed in my regular payments that the account and sort code showed up!!
Old Feb 29, 2012, 5:08 am
Suspended

Programs: Mucci, BAEC (Silver), FlyBe
Here's a shocking thought: I might actually keep this card...

Having acquired a number of (usually AMEX) credit cards over the past year or so, I thought it might be time to start consolidating. And here's the funny thing: although we have all here jumped on the bandwagon with the intention of milking the Duo cards for all the Avios they're worth during the bonus period, I might actually keep mine.

Here are my reasons, which I invited the assembled company to pick apart ruthlessly :

• I have a Premium AMEX for the 2-4-1, which I will earn before year-end in in the summer.
  • However, what do you get for £150? A 2-4-1 and 50% extra Avios (ignoring the LTSB 2-4-1; I'm not blowing my hard-earned miles in economy!)
  • However, my Duo pays 1.5 Avios / £ anyway for the next year at a cost of £50 (minus a £25 refund, apparently).
  • OK, I might miss out on a few BA-related points at 3 Avios / £ but with my flying pattern that'll be worth about 300 Avios / month.
  • But here's the main thing: although I'm saving up Avios and 2-4-1 for a holiday, I simply don't have the total miles or redemption opportunities to make use of a second 2-4-1. If that changed, I could upgrade back to the Premium AMEX.
  • So, for £150 I would receive a 2-4-1 I'm unlikely to use, and about 3,600 Avios. Hardly worth it, surely?

Therefore, after earning the AMEX 2-4-1, I think I'm going to reduce that to a basic AMEX and continue with the LTSB as my main card until renewal next year.

What do you think of that logic?
Old Feb 29, 2012, 5:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Will downgrading from a BA Premium Plus Amex to a BA Amex mess up your 2 for 1 voucher?
Old Feb 29, 2012, 5:18 am
Suspended

Programs: Mucci, BAEC (Silver), FlyBe
Originally Posted by stifle
Will downgrading from a BA Premium Plus Amex to a BA Amex mess up your 2 for 1 voucher?
I'm fairly sure not, once it's on my BAEC page. The limitation I do know of is that the redemption has to be booked with an AMEX, and that may be an AMEX AMEX (rather than a LTSB AMEX) so I won't be cancelling it outright.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.