Wiki Posts
Search

Lloyds Avios credit cards

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2011, 2:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Originally Posted by stifle
This is decidedly not a frequent flyer credit card. Remember, it used to be Air Miles, which was very much a retail rewards scheme that happened to give out free flights.
Up to a point. It WAS BA's FF scheme when it was set up. Apparently I have been a member of Avios since 1988 - it says so on the card - though that's clearly absurd since Avios only started in November 2011. 1988 must be when I joined BA's FF scheme Air Miles.

And you can earn Avios flying BA and presumably IB as an avios.com (ex-Airmiles) member. The 'airline' prefix is CJ.

And they offer 2x Avios for foreign spend, something which travellers tend to do.

So decidedly not so 'decidedly' after all, perhaps.

Last edited by Roger; Dec 28, 2011 at 4:02 am Reason: added reference to earning Avios flying BA as an avios.com member
Old Dec 28, 2011, 2:50 am

You can pay it a faster payments transfer from your bank account. It clears within two hours. Apart from those who do not have access to the card reader, what is the difficulty?

Last edited by Disco Volante; Dec 30, 2011 at 6:34 am Reason: I meant to say faster payments internet transfer, not BACS.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 2:53 am

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
Originally Posted by Disco Volante
You can pay it a BACS transfer from your bank account. It clears within two hours.
On a bank holiday?
Old Dec 28, 2011, 3:00 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
You can pay it a BACS transfer from your bank account. It clears within two hours. Apart from those who do not have access to the card reader, what is the difficulty?
Is BACS a standard internet banking transfer?? If so is it obvious how its done, I use Barclays online banking and can't think of how I would pay off the lloyds card from there

Hopefully this will save a half hour of my day!
Old Dec 28, 2011, 3:02 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by louie-m
On a bank holiday?
Yes, as long as both banks support it and it's within the limits. Most online payments will tell you before you send it that it'll be there within two hours if it qualifies for Faster Payments.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 3:02 am

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8520/4.6.1.314 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/125)

You can pay it a BACS transfer from your bank account. It clears within two hours. Apart from those who do not have access to the card reader, what is the difficulty?
My "fast payment" from an HSBC account took two working days to appear on the Lloyds system, although the available credit was adjusted after 24 hours. I think that the 2 hour figure they quote is only for payments from another Lloyds account
Old Dec 28, 2011, 3:04 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Cap'n Benj
Is BACS a standard internet banking transfer?? If so is it obvious how its done, I use Barclays online banking and can't think of how I would pay off the lloyds card from there

Hopefully this will save a half hour of my day!
You need to ask Lloyds for the account number, sort code and reference number to use, which is usually printed on the statement. The reference no. is usually the card number. Alternatively some banks pre-populate these details when you do a search for the organisation.

I often make a small payment of £1 when first setting up a new payee so I can test the details first, see it appear, then send the rest.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 3:09 am

Originally Posted by chistery
You need to ask Lloyds for the account number, sort code and reference number to use, which is usually printed on the statement. The reference no. is usually the card number. Alternatively some banks pre-populate these details when you do a search for the organisation.

I often make a small payment of £1 when first setting up a new payee so I can test the details first, see it appear, then send the rest.
So I need to call Lloyds yet again

Why can't they make the info available online?! Its amazing that they make it so hard to pay them your money!

(Thanks BTW^)

UPDATE- Searched on my Barclays account and LLOYDS TSB AVIOS CREDIT CARD comes up as an option when you search for lloyds following choosing the Pay a Bill option.

Im going to stick a tenner in and see what happens- All seems to have worked fine, once I selected the Avios Duo AMEX option as opposed to the standard one (idiocy on my part this time!)

Last edited by Cap'n Benj; Dec 28, 2011 at 3:34 am
Old Dec 28, 2011, 3:26 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Cap'n Benj
Im also having trouble with trying to pay the card! Its ridiculous that their seems no easy way to pay it! I think I'm going to have to actually go into a branch today!
It's very easy - just use your normal on-line banking to pay. I pay mine this way every month, no hassle at all.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 5:59 am

Programs: Just a lowly Blue ;(
And that's exactly what I would have done yesterday if that's what they had told me on the phone, but they didn't!!
Old Dec 29, 2011, 4:10 am

Just to confirm, my transfer from my Online Barclays account worked fine, with the payment noted on my Lloyds statement
Old Dec 29, 2011, 4:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by mdj1
And that's exactly what I would have done yesterday if that's what they had told me on the phone, but they didn't!!
I have no idea what the staff member who told you that was thinking. Faster payments must be set up by informing the paying bank.
Old Dec 29, 2011, 4:43 am

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Angry

My application was rejected on the spurous basis that I did not pass their credit check. I am probably in the top 0.001% in the country on the credit risk stakes and I am wondering whether I can make some sort of the Freedom of Information Act request to see how they have evaluated my application. Probably not, but it would be fun to cause them some grief.

Mrs FF99 should have have a very significantly lower credit rating (she has no earned income at all), so I was thinking of applying for a card for her and then getting myself a supplementary card if she passes their "stringent" scoring tests. However, I have just relaised that she does not have an existing Avios account (although she does have an active BAEC account). I suppose I am stuffed !!
Old Dec 29, 2011, 4:50 am

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott, IHG, Sirius, Dusit, Thai, Virgin, Hyatt, BAA, AS, AA(both)
Originally Posted by stifle
I have no idea what the staff member who told you that was thinking. Faster payments must be set up by informing the paying bank.
Not quite correct.

If your bank is registered to generate faster payments, their payment system should attempt to deliver the payment to the bene bank sort code via the faster payments infrastructure – the bene bank sort code must be registered to accept faster payments and your bank must have updated it’s ISCD file, net result is that sort code 77 29 00 accepts faster payments - now is it account 00000000 or 11111111 ?
Old Dec 29, 2011, 5:30 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, BA
Originally Posted by Frequentflyer99
My application was rejected on the spurous basis that I did not pass their credit check.
Got exactly the same rejection letter today, I cannot remember ever being rejected on any credit check!

I think Lloyds rather than pull the overly generous 10 x Avios offer have decided to reject the majority of applications or give low credit amounts during the offer period to applicants who probably will not pay off the full amount each month and thus not earn a huge amount of Avios during the first three months.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.