Wiki Posts
Search

Lloyds Avios credit cards

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2012, 10:56 am

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
Originally Posted by teflon
At last!
I called to enquire about the missing Westfield points about three weeks ago, and they went and had a look into it. Just noticed that they posted on my account a few days ago - about 100 points short of what I was expecting. As yet, I've not had any communication to tell me that they're there, or perhaps how they calculated them.

Now I've spent my £80 this quarter (for the 2000 point 'new way to collect' bonus), is there really any point in hanging onto this card? Most of my spend recently has been on the bmi cards, so I'm unlikely to reach the a 241 - it's just the nagging feeling that a cracking promo will come along just after I close it...
I'd hang onto it for the time being for any promos. You may never know what's round the corner! Make the decision when you have to renew your card.

I'm annoyed at the way the points show on the Avios statements. So hard to work out which promo it was for. I've done toptreats and the June double but can't see what's what!
Old Oct 13, 2012, 11:04 am

Programs: BA bronze card, NHS Blood Donor silver card
Originally Posted by dddc
I'd hang onto it for the time being for any promos. You may never know what's round the corner! Make the decision when you have to renew your card.
My other concern was that my large-ish number of fairly dormant credit cards (you know how it is...) was a factor in being turned down for an Amex Gold card. If closing this one means I might get 22k MR points...
Old Oct 13, 2012, 4:24 pm

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
Originally Posted by teflon
My other concern was that my large-ish number of fairly dormant credit cards (you know how it is...) was a factor in being turned down for an Amex Gold card. If closing this one means I might get 22k MR points...
Yes, I have a few too, particularly during the golden days of 0% balance transfers that were fee free. Great for me as I have an offset mortgage so that saved me a lot of dosh! Reminds me, I must kill the Barclaycard I never used apart from a balance transfer!! You may have some that aren't worth keeping anymore?
Old Oct 29, 2012, 6:34 am

I have the Lloyds premier, that i hate. I've had an annual status thingy through that says i'm about £2k short of the companion voucher. Is it worth me trying for it, i've all but given up on this card otherwise. Is the companion voucher worthwhile?
Old Oct 29, 2012, 6:41 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, UA Silver, CC Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by dannyrado
I have the Lloyds premier, that i hate. I've had an annual status thingy through that says i'm about £2k short of the companion voucher. Is it worth me trying for it, i've all but given up on this card otherwise. Is the companion voucher worthwhile?
I have a voucher but am struggling to find a use
Old Oct 29, 2012, 7:13 am
Suspended

Programs: Mucci, BAEC (Silver), FlyBe
Originally Posted by dannyrado
Is the companion voucher worthwhile?
I've got one and am planning on an Avios booking next year with it though obviously availability will be a (major) consideration.

Is it worthwhile? Well, it's worth 9k Avios if you do find the flights you want. Personally I think that's worth putting £2k on the card for.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Can be worth up to 100K Avios in theory, I suppose. But I've basically stopped all spend on this other than the MasterCard in favour of a BAPP Amex, and will cancel the card before the anniversary (and possibly take out a BMI MasterCard).
Old Oct 29, 2012, 8:42 am

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott, IHG, Sirius, Dusit, Thai, Virgin, Hyatt, BAA, AS, AA(both)
Originally Posted by stifle
and possibly take out a BMI MasterCard
How ? It doesn't seem to appear on the MBNA site ?
Old Oct 29, 2012, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by E14 26C
How ? It doesn't seem to appear on the MBNA site ?
Yes, the card is officially dead it seems, for new applicants. I know someone who has been told this on the phone by MBNA, and of the course the application forms have gone. You also cannot join Diamond Club now, which stops non-members getting the card anyway.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Well bah to that then.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 6:27 pm

Just got an offer through from Avios...

Spend £5 or more at participating
local shops, get £5 back

This November small shops in your local area are welcoming American Express cardholders with a special deal. From cafés to chemists, haircuts to hardware.

Just opt in, and the first time you spend £5 or more on your card at each participating local shop, American Express will put £5 back in your account.

PS: As a Lloyds TSB Premier Duo Avios American Express® cardholder, you'll also be picking up Avios at the speedy rate of 1.25 Avios for every £1 of eligible spend*.

Trouble is, when you go to opt in on the Amex site, LTSB cards aren't showing as eligible, despite the whole avios promo showing that they are... :-S
Old Oct 31, 2012, 4:33 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS, LH, Sixt Platinum
I have no access to my statements - can anyone tell me if there is another way of finding out when you've hit the £10k limit to be eligible for the reward flight ?
Thanks in advance
Old Oct 31, 2012, 5:58 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
On the avios.com website when you login there will be a voucher in the vouchers area of your account
Old Oct 31, 2012, 7:02 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, UA Silver, CC Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by schmidlin88
I have no access to my statements - can anyone tell me if there is another way of finding out when you've hit the £10k limit to be eligible for the reward flight ?
Thanks in advance
They send you a paper copy of the voucher
Old Oct 31, 2012, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

It's £15k, though, not £10k.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.