Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lloyds Avios credit cards

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2012, 8:17 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by Raffles
They are now the best deal, better than long haul. 9k plus £27 for, say, a £150 Y return is almost 1.5p per avios of value. You struggle to get that on long haul, when you add in the taxes and compare it to ex EU or BA sale fares.
I guess looking at it that way it makes sense.

I'd look at that as "it might be £150rtn on BA, but I can get to the same place on Ryanair for £50 rtn".

Long haul still seems the best bet for me. No way I'd ever pay the mega money BA asks for F.
Old May 4, 2012, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
I guess looking at it that way it makes sense.

I'd look at that as "it might be £150rtn on BA, but I can get to the same place on Ryanair for £50 rtn".
Welcome to FlyerTalk, where we don't fly Ryanair
Old May 4, 2012, 9:45 am

Programs: BA IHG
Had no problems with my Lloyds Avios card. Application went through fine, all bonus points appeared (except for the transactions that never hit my 3rd statement in time), never had reason to phone up and complain about anything - however this has just appeared on my account:
PROMOTION FEE REFUND 03 May 12 25.00 CR

Any ideas?
Old May 4, 2012, 10:12 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Originally Posted by cmcbugg
Had no problems with my Lloyds Avios card. Application went through fine, all bonus points appeared (except for the transactions that never hit my 3rd statement in time), never had reason to phone up and complain about anything - however this has just appeared on my account:
PROMOTION FEE REFUND 03 May 12 25.00 CR

Any ideas?

Sweet, it looks like they have put you on the Lloyds direct promotion as well as the Avios.com promotion.

Expect another 10,000 bonus points to hit your 4th statement.
Old May 4, 2012, 1:25 pm

Programs: Amex Centurion - BA Silver - IHG Diamond Elite - HHonors Diamond - M&M
Can someone please confirm to me how many miles are earned?

1. On the Amex Card
2. On the Mastercard

And the bonus is only on the Amex card, 10x for GBP & 25x for foreign currency?

I've searched through this thread but head is spinning.

It's all went well for me, cards came through quickly with a £5k limit middle of April.
I've not got my statement yet but a healthy 80k almost has just posted to my Avios account. ^
Old May 4, 2012, 1:33 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by pmcg
1. On the Amex Card
2. On the Mastercard

And the bonus is only on the Amex card, 10x for GBP & 25x for foreign currency?

I've searched through this thread but head is spinning.

It's all went well for me, cards came through quickly with a £5k limit middle of April.
I've not got my statement yet but a healthy 80k almost has just posted to my Avios account. ^
Amex is 1.25 Avios per £ or 2.5 Avios per £ foreign spend.
The bonus is 9x the base spend on the Amex. This is effectively 25 Avios per £ on foreign spend (the bonus isn't bigger, but the base miles are more).

Not sure offhand on the mastercard, 1 Avios per £5 I think, so not worth using as no bonus either.
Old May 4, 2012, 1:47 pm

Programs: Amex Centurion - BA Silver - IHG Diamond Elite - HHonors Diamond - M&M
Originally Posted by britbronco22
Amex is 1.25 Avios per £ or 2.5 Avios per £ foreign spend.
The bonus is 9x the base spend on the Amex. This is effectively 25 Avios per £ on foreign spend (the bonus isn't bigger, but the base miles are more).
Thanks, just did a quick spreadsheet and mine look spot on.
Old May 4, 2012, 5:26 pm

Programs: BMI
Originally Posted by PanGalactic
Sweet, it looks like they have put you on the Lloyds direct promotion as well as the Avios.com promotion.

Expect another 10,000 bonus points to hit your 4th statement.
Apparently my dad (who also received the 10k) received a letter saying that it was an apology for all the problems and compensation
Old May 4, 2012, 7:45 pm

Has anyone raised with them transactions not posting until after the 3 months but having been made within the 3 months? No-one seems to have reported doing so but I think it's a valid argument.

I need to call up about what determines the start of the 3 month period as my application was about 3 weeks before my annual fee hit my account and I didn't receive my card until 5 days after that.
Old May 5, 2012, 12:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by COOLIO
Has anyone raised with them transactions not posting until after the 3 months but having been made within the 3 months? No-one seems to have reported doing so but I think it's a valid argument.

I need to call up about what determines the start of the 3 month period as my application was about 3 weeks before my annual fee hit my account and I didn't receive my card until 5 days after that.
The call centre gives everyone a different answer, but it appears to be from the date they approved your application, which will be the day you applied or a day or two later. Certainly earlier than the day you got your card.
Old May 5, 2012, 2:43 am

Originally Posted by COOLIO

I'm going to assume any transactions that fell within my first 3 statements dates should have earned the bonus. I have about 7,000 Avios worth of transactions that were entered after the 3rd statement, but all took place before it closed. I will write a letter after the 4th statement posts and ask for the missing miles.
Old May 5, 2012, 6:37 am

I was told start date is when account was opened which was 5 days before (incl a weekend) I received the card.
Old May 5, 2012, 6:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by cmcbugg
I'm going to assume any transactions that fell within my first 3 statements dates should have earned the bonus. I have about 7,000 Avios worth of transactions that were entered after the 3rd statement, but all took place before it closed. I will write a letter after the 4th statement posts and ask for the missing miles.
Other posters have said the transaction must hit your statement within the 3 months. That means you lose anther 4 days or so at the end.
Old May 5, 2012, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by Raffles
Other posters have said the transaction must hit your statement within the 3 months. That means you lose anther 4 days or so at the end.
I did actually stop using the card about 3-4 days before my 3rd statement date, however some foreign transactions took 10 days to be entered, which is a bit annoying considering similar transactions on my Amex BA where entered within 1-2 days.

I applied on 17 Jan, and my statement dates are the 16th of each month - so that seems to tie in with the promotion period starting on the day I applied (or a day or so later).
Old May 5, 2012, 12:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
The Waitrose thing

Deleted - no more spoonfeeding, sorry

Last edited by PanGalactic; May 10, 2012 at 12:52 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.