Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lloyds Avios credit cards

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2012, 6:32 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Originally Posted by SteveF
Mine shouldn't be too difficult to calculate; I stopped using it a day before the three months was up so they can just multiply the whole lot by 9.
Same here, Mrs P's Mastercard has been shelved since day 1 in order to keep the calculations simple.
Old Apr 28, 2012, 7:03 am

Originally Posted by stifle
You can use gift cards to pay for fuel in the kiosk at Tesco's, but not at the pump.

Asda's does not accept gift cards for fuel at all.
I can confirm Tesco- I have been using mine at Tesco kiosk with no problems and no questions asked.
Old Apr 28, 2012, 7:07 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by SteveF
Mine shouldn't be too difficult to calculate; I stopped using it a day before the three months was up so they can just multiply the whole lot by 9.
Yes me too I think. However they can't just multiply your statement without checking the dates, so it goes on the 'manual pile'. Who knows what the backlog is there!
Old Apr 28, 2012, 7:09 am

Originally Posted by PanGalactic
Well, sadly, we have just over 2 weeks to go on Mrs P's 10x deal so I just got an account with my local butcher and paid upfront for approximately my next 6 months worth of meat with the Amex. (He looked happy )

Tesco/Asda/Homebase gift cards next.
Also looking at getting a new TV/DVD player from John Lewis.

Any other ideas on stuff we can prepay before this spending spree of a lifetime is over?

After this I become Mr Tightwad and start putting money in our savings again!
I ran out of stores that I use a lot to buy gift cards for, but bought shopping centre gift cards for my local- they can be used at most stores/restaurants (Phone shops and jewellery shops seem to be excluded.)
Old Apr 30, 2012, 10:47 am

Programs: "Only" 50,000 TPs until BA GGLfL
Still waiting for the fourth statement bonus here too. And needless to say, no one's written to explain what the 10,000 are for.

As an interesting aside: the Lloyds 2for1 can be used on mixed class redemptions provided the outbound leg is economy. Discovered by accident while I was booking a Y out, J back reservation on avios.com for two, when it spat a "Do you want to use your voucher" dialogue up on the payment page. I clicked "yes" and the tickets have been issued for half the normal amount of avios.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 11:10 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by alexwuk
Still waiting for the fourth statement bonus here too. And needless to say, no one's written to explain what the 10,000 are for.

As an interesting aside: the Lloyds 2for1 can be used on mixed class redemptions provided the outbound leg is economy. Discovered by accident while I was booking a Y out, J back reservation on avios.com for two, when it spat a "Do you want to use your voucher" dialogue up on the payment page. I clicked "yes" and the tickets have been issued for half the normal amount of avios.
Shhhhhh
Old Apr 30, 2012, 11:46 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by alexwuk
Interesting.

Would this work for Y out, F back?
Old Apr 30, 2012, 11:55 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
Interesting...
Old Apr 30, 2012, 6:04 pm

Programs: BAEC, Prioriy club, Virgin atlantic, Airmiles
Well over 3 months and still no bonus Avios. I have written a complaint letter to Lloyds this week and will wait and see what happens! I will update when I receive a response.

Siva
Old Apr 30, 2012, 6:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
ATTN - LTSBPDA holders: 30% bonus Avios purchased through IB Plus (in euros!!)

From April 30th to May 13th give, purchase or transfer Avios and obtain upto 30% extra. An opportunity to purchase enough Avios for a trip or give a great present.

What is more, if you take advantage of this promotion, you will soon benefit from exclusive offers next May in The 7 days of Iberia Plus
459 euros = ~£375 according to google

7,200 bonus
9375 LTSBPDA 10x ie: 25 per £ foreign spend Avios

40575 Avios for ~ £375

0.924p per Avio

You only get a total of 37987 including 24,000+9,000 bonus and 4987 uk spend LTSBPDA bonus purchasing through Avios.com 1.05p per Avio, so this looks like a better deal for LTSBPDA holders even with the lower 30% purchasing bonus.

Unfortunately when I log in to IB Plus and click on the purchase Avios link it says "We are sorry to inform you that this service is not available.
If you have any questions, please consult your service centre.
We apologise for the inconvenience."

Possibly because I only signed up on Feb 10th, so my account isn't 3 months old yet. I might be able to do this on May 10th though, but probably wont bother as I don't need the Avios right now

Maybe someone with an older IB Plus account can go through the process and see if the bonus is mentioned on the page at some point prior to payment.

Last edited by PanGalactic; Apr 30, 2012 at 7:45 pm
Old Apr 30, 2012, 11:08 pm

I wonder if on the 241 something like MAN-LHR in Y then LHR-HKG-LHR in J would work. Really want to get my spend up now

One question I have is that I used my card to book a hotel room and unfortunately it didn't take the full amount (first night) which is fine as I will buy gift vouchers and at checkout I will get the deposit back. The refund won't be for sometime after my promo period. Do points get clawed back or do future point earnings get withheld? I just need to know what not to spend etc.
Old May 1, 2012, 1:11 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Originally Posted by LHRFlyer
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.0.3; en-gb; GT-I9100 Build/IML74K) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Hoorah! My bonus points for the last three months spend all posted this week.
WOO HOO, me too, just when I was about to call Lloyds AGAIN too, as the letter they promised to send me never turned up!

Made a few k north of 100,000 miles in the end, including the extra 10k they mistakenly gave to me after the 3 months, that I assume they'll leave as a gesture of good will/ compo for all the issues!

Its good that folk finally seem to be getting sorted on this, I thought for a while they'd never come, I advise those still waiting to phone the Lloyds loyalty team if they have not already, as they do seem clued up* and will get things moving for you

*shame the IT dept obviously isn't!
Old May 1, 2012, 6:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by PanGalactic
459 euros = ~£375 according to google

7,200 bonus
9375 LTSBPDA 10x ie: 25 per £ foreign spend Avios

40575 Avios for ~ £375

0.924p per Avio

You only get a total of 37987 including 24,000+9,000 bonus and 4987 uk spend LTSBPDA bonus purchasing through Avios.com 1.05p per Avio, so this looks like a better deal for LTSBPDA holders even with the lower 30% purchasing bonus.

Unfortunately when I log in to IB Plus and click on the purchase Avios link it says "We are sorry to inform you that this service is not available.
If you have any questions, please consult your service centre.
We apologise for the inconvenience."

Possibly because I only signed up on Feb 10th, so my account isn't 3 months old yet. I might be able to do this on May 10th though, but probably wont bother as I don't need the Avios right now

Maybe someone with an older IB Plus account can go through the process and see if the bonus is mentioned on the page at some point prior to payment.
Yes, 30% bonus is offered to me.
Old May 1, 2012, 6:14 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by stifle
Yes, 30% bonus is offered to me.
Sweeeeeeeet!
Old May 1, 2012, 8:09 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Enigma368
Interesting...
Just asked Mrs P if I could book LHR-LCA ET out CE back.

She said "you have to be kidding me right? NFW!".

Considering all the credit cards I signed her up to and hassle I have made her go through to buy stuff from eStores etc, I don't blame her

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.