Wiki Posts
Search

Lloyds Avios credit cards

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2012, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
New offer?

Posted on MSE, 18,000 Avios for spending £500/month for 3 months on the standard non-fee card, one hotel night booking required:
Originally Posted by MoneySavingExpert.com
18,000 Avios. 2x Eurostar returns to Paris, Brussels Or two 'Zone 1' flights, eg, Milan, Nice (+ £27/person taxes)

Representative variable rate: 15.9% APR Official APR Example
Min. Spend Trigger: £500/mth for 3 mths
Taxes Included: No
Freebie: 18,000 Avios voucher

Apply successfully for the Lloyds Duo Avios* and you'll get an 18,000 Avios voucher if you spend £500/mth in the first three months.

This can be redeemed for 2 Eurostar tickets to Paris or two BA flights to Zone 1 destinations eg, Milan, Nice (see full Avios redemption chart). You just pay £27/return flight taxes, as long as you've collected an Avios point in the past year (no taxes on Eurostar).

However, you must also book one night in a hotel via Avios. These are decent but not the cheapest. We've found a selection for around £70/night in a few destinations.

You can only use the voucher for one booking, so any remaining miles will be lost if you book something costing less than 18,000. It can be used for more than one passenger and is valid for 12 months.
The MSE article includes a referral link so I haven't shown it.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 3:56 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Roger
Posted on MSE, 18,000 Avios for spending £500/month for 3 months on the standard non-fee card, one hotel night booking required:
The MSE article includes a referral link so I haven't shown it.
Meh, suggest waiting for a better offer!

Airmiles used to run these voucher offers occasionally. Too many strings attached imo, much prefer pure miles.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 4:11 pm

Programs: MUCCI
Indeed, extrmeme caution for anyone considering this:

The 30,000 Avios will show on the customer's Avios account as a voucher within 30 days of the qualifying spend being achieved and will not form part of the Avios balance. Once on the account the voucher may be used as full or part payment towards flight or Eurostar bookings on any Avios route. At the time of booking travel a minimum of two night's accommodation must be booked through Avios in the country of destination, within the specified dates of travel. Customers may book tickets for more than one passenger but the voucher can only be used for a single booking. This voucher cannot be used to upgrade an existing flight booking if a hotel booking is subsequently added. If all the Avios are not used in a single transaction then the unused Avios will expire immediately.
Thats from the premium card with 30k, the 18k on the normal has similar conditions.

I'd strongly advise do not apply under this offer, wait for it to be replaced with something else.

[And if you are after Avios, make sure you have done the bmi card if you are after a card right now.]
Old Apr 25, 2012, 4:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Does it say when the 30K voucher will expire if not used immediately?

if it's 12 months, thats a bit of a rip off if you ask me.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 2:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Originally Posted by PanGalactic
If it's similar to the 9,000 Avios e-voucher I've just received for spending £1,200 within 3 months on my existing card, it's 12 months.

Time enough for me.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci

if it's 12 months, thats a bit of a rip off if you ask me.
I'm more concerned about the requirement to book hotels through Avios as a package.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 3:18 am

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
i signed up for the card in Jan for the Premier DUO card which advised to spend £500 per month for three months.

I odnt have the exact T&C's of the offer however the 10k were not posted to my account.

My spending for three months was (mix between MC and AMEX card, mostly abroad) was as follows:

Jan - £656
Feb - £1076
March - £1130

I have recevied a letter back stating that " the opening offer was to earn 10000 points if you completed £500 spend using your Amex card only in each of the first three months, unfrtunately you did not meet the required spend in month two as £515.55 (foreign currency exchange) which debited your card on 2/3/12 does not earn Avios and therefore does not count towards monthly spend.

Firstly was the £500 per month spend only on the Amex card?
There is confusion over what is classed as month 1-3, I have three statements, the above is the figures on them statements,

Even if £515 was not eligible on month two or 3 I am still beeting the target of £500 per month.

Is this a cock-up by Lloyds TSB or my mistake?
Old Apr 27, 2012, 3:23 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Originally Posted by navatwal
i signed up for the card in Jan for the Premier DUO card which advised to spend £500 per month for three months.

I odnt have the exact T&C's of the offer however the 10k were not posted to my account.

My spending for three months was (mix between MC and AMEX card, mostly abroad) was as follows:

Jan - £656
Feb - £1076
March - £1130

I have recevied a letter back stating that " the opening offer was to earn 10000 points if you completed £500 spend using your Amex card only in each of the first three months, unfrtunately you did not meet the required spend in month two as £515.55 (foreign currency exchange) which debited your card on 2/3/12 does not earn Avios and therefore does not count towards monthly spend.

Firstly was the £500 per month spend only on the Amex card?
There is confusion over what is classed as month 1-3, I have three statements, the above is the figures on them statements,

Even if £515 was not eligible on month two or 3 I am still beeting the target of £500 per month.

Is this a cock-up by Lloyds TSB or my mistake?

Cock up by Lloyds.

Surprised they put it in a letter though!

Complain!

Have you had your 4th Statement yet by the way? The points aren't supposed to post until the 4th one.

Still complain though!

(A phone complaint should do, no need to write letters)
Old Apr 27, 2012, 3:27 am

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
A cock-up on which element, the spending on Amex only?

The totals? or both?

Cock up by Lloyds.

Surprised they put it in a letter though!

Complain!

Have you had your 4th Statement yet by the way? The points aren't supposed to post until the 4th one.

Still complain though!

(A phone complaint should do, no need to write letters)
Old Apr 27, 2012, 3:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Purchase of foreign exchange normally counts as a cash advance and doesn't go towards qualifying spend.

Now I have a separate issue. I'm going to Ireland this weekend and am wondering whether to buy a large M&S gift card to use back here. Is the extra 12.5 Avios per £ worth eating two exchange spreads?
Old Apr 27, 2012, 3:43 am
Suspended

A cock-up on which element, the spending on Amex only?

The totals? or both?
The amex spending.

Did you get your 4th statement yet?
Old Apr 27, 2012, 3:46 am

Hi there,

I have my 4th statement in front of me, dated 8th April.

All it states is Avios earned = 432, there is no previous or bonus info

Who do I log Loyalt Dept, complaint department with Lloyds TSB?

The amex spending.

Did you get your 4th statement yet?
Old Apr 27, 2012, 5:09 am
Suspended

Hi there,

I have my 4th statement in front of me, dated 8th April.

All it states is Avios earned = 432, there is no previous or bonus info

Who do I log Loyalt Dept, complaint department with Lloyds TSB?
Yes, just call Lloyds and tell them you wish to make a formal complaint.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 6:01 am

Yes, just call Lloyds and tell them you wish to make a formal complaint.
Yes and the best of luck!!
Old Apr 27, 2012, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by KeithS
Oh dear, glad I have too much time on my hands (as the wife says).

Exported the Lloyds statement into .csv and a couple of formulas later..... they have not given me enought Avios. Not much mind, but still 1,300 including the bonus.

The Mastercard Avios posted ok as a separate transaction.

Still, now with their Avios team to investigate.
Must say, quite impressed that I received a letter from them dd 23/4 only 5 days after the initial call - I was expecting it at about this time next year.

Not so impressed with their calculation though and this may explain why some other posters do not agree their Avios on the foregn spend.

In a nutshell, the transaction shows as one figure (transaction plus Lloyds charges). They only give Avios on the transaction and remove the charge element when calculating. For example:-
£1,000 foreign spend (including charges) I thought would be 25k Avios
But it is:-
£986 Foreign spend x 25 = 24,650 Avios
£14.00 Fees x 0

I suppose this makes sense in so far as you should not get the x2 Avios on the charges as it is not 'foreign spend'. I would have thought that you should get the Avios for the charges based on UK spend though.

Then again, I guess they are seeing it in the same light as the initial £50 fee - no Avios for that.

Hope this claries.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.