Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lloyds Avios credit cards

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2012, 9:04 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
My card arrived on the 1st of April, and my first statement posted on the 16th. I'm assuming that's one month gone (even though I only had 2 weeks of card use). Month two is my second statement, and month 3 will be my third statement.

That's how it works, right?
Basing it on my call to Lloyds, it's the date the fee is applied, which will be around the end of March I assume for your card?
Old Apr 19, 2012, 9:08 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by chistery
Basing it on my call to Lloyds, it's the date the fee is applied, which will be around the end of March I assume for your card?
30th March, yeah.

Interesting, looks like I might get a couple of extra weeks spending in!
Old Apr 19, 2012, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Originally Posted by Kezza25
Does anyone know if currency purchases count as qualifying spend?
Travelex foreign currency:
https://www.avios.com/collect/travel...rom=collectNav
Avios Cash Passport
https://www.avios.com/collect/avios-...rom=collectNav

Exchange rates are lousy, though, especially for the prepaid card.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by Roger
Travelex foreign currency:
https://www.avios.com/collect/travel...rom=collectNav
Avios Cash Passport

ok -time for my 1st potentially daft question on here (apologies if it has been covered before, but it is difficult to keep track of a 100+ page thread).

Are we saying that I can load up the card with, say £1k's worth of Euro's and this will earn me 25x Avios per £1 PLUS an additional 1 Avios per £1 from Avios themselves?

If that is the case then I think I will happily suffer the poor exchnage rate !
Old Apr 19, 2012, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Doesn't the Avios Cash Passport (a) charge you in £ and convert itself to € and (b) count as a cash advance so not give you any Avios at all?
Old Apr 19, 2012, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Not the answer to the last two posts, but a while ago, I loaded sterling on to the Airmiles (as was) Cash Passport using my Miles & More Visa card misunderstanding the 'no loading fee' for Visa credit cards (and got charged a fee by the card ). I earned M&M miles. I imagine that a $ or € load would also have earned miles.

Now as to how that would work out with the LTSB Duo cards, I don't know. As someone standing at the edge and observing the 25x gravy train from a distance - I'm barred as an existing LTSB Duo cardholder - I would remark that the Avios Cash Passport can be purchased/topped up with Visa and MC debit and credit cards or bank transfer only, not AmEx, so the earning potential would be limited.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 12:59 pm

Programs: BA bronze card, NHS Blood Donor silver card
Originally Posted by Roger
Avios Cash Passport

the Cash Passport doesn't have as good an exchange rate as the vanilla Travelex-branded one; it also differs in that it charges an ATM withdrawal fee. (No fees for transactions.)

If you need foreign cash, you're probably better off at somewhere like Thomas Exchange - unless Travelex have a bonus on, I don't think it's usually worth earning Avios in the process.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 2:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Originally Posted by dddc
Just made a pre-theatre dinner booking for tonight. I normally book via Toptable.com, but checked the Amex version - amextoptreats.co.uk

When this was launched last year, I got a mailshot from Amex about my my BAPP card, but the T&Cs then stated the bonus ended in December. Checked the current T&C's and found:

When a Cardmember books a restaurant reservation through amextoptreats.co.uk and makes a transaction using their American Express® Card at the booked restaurant by midnight on 31 March 2012, they will earn double Rewards points at double the usual rate for the Card and/or in the enrolled reward currency associated with that Card. American Express® Charge Cards will receive Membership Rewards Points, Harrods Cards will receive Harrods Rewards points, Nectar Credit Cards will receive Nectar points, British Airways American Express® Cards will receive Avios, American Express® Credit Cards will receive either Membership Rewards Points, cashback or Blue Sky points (depending on enrolled currency), BMA Services American Express® Credit Cards will receive cashback. Virgin Atlantic American Express®; Credit Cards from MBNA will receive Virgin Atlantic Flying Club miles, bmi American Express® Credit Cards from MBNA will receive bmi destinations miles, Miles & More American Express® Credit Cards from MBNA will receive Miles & More award miles, MBNA American Express® Credit Cards will receive MBNA Reward Points, United Mileage Plus American Express® Credit Cards from MBNA will receive United Mileage Plus miles, MBNA American Express® Credit Card with cash will receive cash back and Lloyds TSB Avios Duo American Express® Cards will receive Avios.

I'm still in my first Lloyds billing cycle so will be interested to see how these appear. but it will be interesting to see if they double my 10x bonus or the base purchase amount!! I may be tempted by dessert now, as long as I'm not running late for the Opera!
Did you ever get the double points, ie: 25 per £ for your booking?

I made a booking on 30/03/2012 and the points didn't come through on the current LTSBPDA statement

They are normally a bit slow even with the BAPP, but I'm wondering if certain that Lloyds staff will will not know about this if I call to query if they don't come through on the next statement.

Sadly, http://www.amextoptreats.co.uk still says "Earn double points when you book and pay with your American Express card" on the front page, yet the T+C's still say "midnight on 31 March 2012"

Has it been extended but they just forgot to update the website? or did they just "forget" to turn the website off?

I'm bored and mildly sozzled so I'll probably give BAPP a call in a moment and ask them

Edit: Called and pointed out that the website still says double points yet the T+C say no and was told they could not see anything about it being extended so if I did make a booking on there I would not get double points

They thanked me for pointing it out to them said they would make the marketing department aware.

I asked to get a call back once the marketing department responded.

I will keep FT posted as usual if they get back to me

Last edited by PanGalactic; Apr 19, 2012 at 3:34 pm
Old Apr 20, 2012, 12:13 am

Programs: BA IHG
Just reached the end of my 3rd month during which I was using my card for foreign transactions. It seems the posting times to my account is around 7 days in some instances which means some of the transactions were not entered onto the account before my statement date and hence I've missed out on the 10x promotion.
So anyone using this card close to the final statement date for the promotion, beware, the transaction posting times can be really long!
Old Apr 20, 2012, 1:17 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Originally Posted by cmcbugg
Just reached the end of my 3rd month during which I was using my card for foreign transactions. It seems the posting times to my account is around 7 days in some instances which means some of the transactions were not entered onto the account before my statement date and hence I've missed out on the 10x promotion.
So anyone using this card close to the final statement date for the promotion, beware, the transaction posting times can be really long!
Have you tried querying this with them?

Also, how do you know you didn't get bonus points if you haven't had your 4th statement yet?

As you have no control of the posting times, it's rather unfair of them to base whether you get the bonus or not on that as opposed to when you actually spent the money.

After all it comes out of your available spend instantly so it's not as if they didn't know about it.

I reckon it's worth a phone call/complaint/fight
Old Apr 20, 2012, 3:16 am

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
Angry Lloyds STILL losing documents!!!

It's been a couple of weeks since my partner got his documents back from Lloyds, so called up this morning.

Have been told that a letter was sent out on Tuesday asking for the documents to be resubmitted, this time by going into a branch and asking them to fax the documents in!! Obviously sent 2nd class if it hasn't arrived as yet!!

The operator said it was a very rare occurance when the documents aren't scanned in!! Explained to him that this had happened to his friend and that it was well known on the web that Lloyds often lose documents. He's lodged it as a complaint - hopefully to recieve some type of compensation.

It's been a month since he applied and we're off on holidays in under two weeks. He won't be able to go to a branch until Monday (Was told that no point going in on Saturday as if the branch scanned it in, there would be no one there to recieve it. I might be lucky and by some miracle it arrives before we go.

Slack. Slack. Slack.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 3:48 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by dddc
Slack. Slack. Slack.
Did you get your http://www.amextoptreats.co.uk double points?
Old Apr 20, 2012, 3:50 am

My card arrived on the 1st of April, and my first statement posted on the 16th. I'm assuming that's one month gone (even though I only had 2 weeks of card use). Month two is my second statement, and month 3 will be my third statement.

That's how it works, right?
If you look at the T&Cs for the various offers the month starts running from when you open your account. This is as soon as Lloyds accepts/processes your application. In my case this was about 3 weeks before I received the card. It doesn't run from when you activate or first spend on the card (or when you receive it). Lloyds confirmed this, although they did get their terminology confused over the telephone and referred to the date as the card 'activation' date but then qualified that as the 'opening' date when I questioned the contradiction.

I cancelled my card yesterday and had another rant at their poor customer service...

Palmer
Old Apr 20, 2012, 3:57 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Does anyone know what would happen in this (purely hypothetical) situation:

In the third month of having my card, I make a £2k fully flex flight booking for sometime in the distant future on a non EU airline.

I get my 50k Avios posted in month 4.

I cancel my card.

Something comes up, and my fully flexible flight booking has to be cancelled, resulting in a full refund.

The card no longer exists to put the refund back to, so what happens?
Old Apr 20, 2012, 4:00 am
Suspended

Does anyone know what would happen in this (purely hypothetical) situation:

In the third month of having my card, I make a £2k fully flex flight booking for sometime in the distant future on a non EU airline.

I cancel my card.

Something comes up, and my fully flexible flight booking has to be cancelled, resulting in a full refund.

You missed a step ....

I transfer the 50k Avios to BAEC

I cancel my card.

[HIGHHORSE]That is technically stealing/fraud so I wouldn't do it personally[/HIGHHORSE]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.