FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Lloyds Avios credit cards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1279751-lloyds-avios-credit-cards.html)

PanGalactic Apr 18, 2012 10:07 am

Originally Posted by James_G (Post 18414545)
Any idea whether there was a time limit to this? I cancelled my Airmiles DUO cards about 2 years ago when I took out the Amex Gold for the 20K bonus MR points.

I've taken a chance and successfully applied for the new Avios card ahead before the cut off date, but still have no real idea whether I'll get the bonus miles.

Similar situation to me, I think you will be OK, but who knows :confused:

PanGalactic Apr 18, 2012 10:13 am

Originally Posted by dddc (Post 18414619)
Seems there is a new offer on the Avios site of a 30,000 Avios voucher for £500 x 3 months spend.(15,000 for the standard card). But if I understand correctly it doesn't form part of your balance and if you don't use all of it in one hit it expires!!

Don't think you'll be able to transfer this across to your BAEC account then!:td:

Interesting, £500 x 3 is easy if it includes the visa card

Palmer Apr 18, 2012 11:44 am

Does anyone have the specific T&Cs for the 10 000 bonus sign up through Lloyds (£500 spend for the first 3 months)?

Lloyds say the qualifying period runs from the day the card was applied for and not from the day of card activation or the first spending transaction.

I applied for the card mid December but then left the UK the following week and well before the card arrived. I didn't return until 4 January. The card had appeared at that point and I activated it a few days later. However, I didn't hit the £500 spend before the end of the first billing cycle - whenever that was (from the statement it looks as though it was 8 January but Lloyds say it was 14 January).

I pointed out that I was away and it was Christmas etc. Lloyds won't budge, which is fair enough but I'd like to have a quick scan of the T&Cs before I put it down to experience.

Palmer

PanGalactic Apr 18, 2012 11:50 am

Originally Posted by Palmer (Post 18417093)
Does anyone have the specific T&Cs for the 10 000 bonus sign up through Lloyds (£500 spend for the first 3 months)?

Lloyds say the qualifying period runs from the day the card was applied for and not from the day of card activation or the first spending transaction.

I applied for the card mid December but then left the UK the following week and well before the card arrived. I didn't return until 4 January. The card had appeared at that point and I activated it a few days later. However, I didn't hit the £500 spend before the end of the first billing cycle - whenever that was (from the statement it looks as though it was 8 January but Lloyds say it was 14 January).

I pointed out that I was away and it was Christmas etc. Lloyds won't budge, which is fair enough but I'd like to have a quick scan of the T&Cs before I put it down to experience.

Palmer

It might be worth contacting Avios.com (and be angry, very angry) if Lloyds won't budge provided you did £1500 by the end of the 3rd statement, on the basis that it was unclear when you signed up that it had to be £500 each month.

What difference does it make to them if it was £500 each month, or £1500 after 3 months FFS!

chistery Apr 18, 2012 12:05 pm

On that basis, it took over a month for Lloyds to send my card to me and I won't get my bonus miles.

I thought previous posts had decided it begins when the card activation fee is dated.

I won't be happy if I don't get my miles.

Palmer Apr 18, 2012 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by PanGalactic (Post 18417153)
It might be worth contacting Avios.com (and be angry, very angry) if Lloyds won't budge provided you did £1500 by the end of the 3rd statement, on the basis that it was unclear when you signed up that it had to be £500 each month.

What difference does it make to them if it was £500 each month, or £1500 after 3 months FFS!

Well, rules is rules! I spent just short of £2400 before the end of the third month but I take your point.

I don't have a balance on the cards, so when Lloyds dug their heels in this evening I asked to cancel the account. I was transferred to another department but whilst on hold the line went dead about a minute after 6:00 pm. They do like their deadlines!

Palmer

britbronco22 Apr 18, 2012 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by stifle (Post 18414810)
The transfer bit was all I cared about too!

Why do you need to transfer to BAEC?
You can transfer the required miles from BAEC to Avios instead.

stifle Apr 19, 2012 3:40 am

Can you book Upgradios out of Avios.com?

It's a theoretical question only as I already have the 10x card.

dark_horse Apr 19, 2012 4:10 am

Originally Posted by stifle (Post 18421256)

Not sure, but wouldn't it just be easier to transfer the points to BA.com (Combine My Avios) and upgrade from there?

Kezza25 Apr 19, 2012 4:12 am

Does anyone know if currency purchases count as qualifying spend?

PanGalactic Apr 19, 2012 4:19 am

Originally Posted by Kezza25 (Post 18421326)
Does anyone know if currency purchases count as qualifying spend?

They do not as far as I know, they count as cash transfers on most other redit cards so no reason it would be different on the LTSBPDA.

I don't think anyone on this thread is brave enough to try it either! :)

stifle Apr 19, 2012 4:21 am

Originally Posted by dark_horse (Post 18421320)
Not sure, but wouldn't it just be easier to transfer the points to BA.com (Combine My Avios) and upgrade from there?

Needs the full thread of questions and answers for context:

Originally Posted by dddc (Post 18414619)
Seems there is a new offer on the Avios site of a 30,000 Avios voucher for £500 x 3 months spend.(15,000 for the standard card). But if I understand correctly it doesn't form part of your balance and if you don't use all of it in one hit it expires!!

Don't think you'll be able to transfer this across to your BAEC account then!:td:

Originally Posted by stifle (Post 18414810)
The transfer bit was all I cared about too!

Originally Posted by britbronco22 (Post 18419078)
Why do you need to transfer to BAEC?
You can transfer the required miles from BAEC to Avios instead.

Originally Posted by stifle (Post 18421256)

It's a theoretical question only as I already have the 10x card.

dark_horse Apr 19, 2012 6:03 am

Originally Posted by stifle (Post 18421343)
Needs the full thread of questions and answers for context:

Oh, I wondered what all that was about. I've been subscribed to this thread since about page 43, and it becomes a little hard to keep up sometimes! :)

chistery Apr 19, 2012 8:48 am

Lloyds just told me it's always the card activation date for any offers. I really don't understand how they can use the application date as it can take weeks of checks before the card application is approved.

Wozza2404 Apr 19, 2012 8:58 am

Originally Posted by chistery (Post 18422558)
Lloyds just told me it's always the card activation date for any offers. I really don't understand how they can use the application date as it can take weeks of checks before the card application is approved.

My card arrived on the 1st of April, and my first statement posted on the 16th. I'm assuming that's one month gone (even though I only had 2 weeks of card use). Month two is my second statement, and month 3 will be my third statement.

That's how it works, right?