Which Lounge in T5?

Old Nov 11, 2011, 8:56 am
Original Poster

Which Lounge in T5?

Hi All

In a few weeks we are travelling CW to Las Vegas and I was wondering as to which is the best lounge to use in T5. We are a party of 6 which comprises myself and my wife, our 2 sons aged 7 & 10 and my wife's parents.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated (except for the ones suggesting that kids should be banned from CW!!)

Angliham
Old Nov 11, 2011, 9:06 am

Programs: BA Gold
Prob the south lounges Angliham. Your flight will prob leave from the B or C concorse but be careful not to make your way over there unless the gate is displayed.
Old Nov 11, 2011, 9:31 am

Programs: ba gold
south lounge have a good trip
Old Nov 11, 2011, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Go to Galleries Club South first (the largest of the two T5A Club lounges), and then go to the Galleries lounge in T5B if your flight is departing from T5B. If T5C, I would wait in T5A and then go direct to T5C.
Old Nov 11, 2011, 12:40 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
In order of preference, I would say:
- ccr
- f lounge
- b lounge
- south lounge
- north lounge

Think b lounge is really nice, if you departing from b or c I would go there in preference to north or south
Old Nov 11, 2011, 5:39 pm

Programs: Shiny metal ones that go clink.
Originally Posted by Genius1
Go to Galleries Club South first (the largest of the two T5A Club lounges), and then go to the Galleries lounge in T5B if your flight is departing from T5B. If T5C, I would wait in T5A and then go direct to T5C.
I concur with all the above - definately head to Galleries Club South first, and have breakfast and a re-group, then if it looks as if you're from T5B wander over there about an hour before the flight for the first tipple.

The food in the Chef's theatre seems have improved of late in T5S - and the children can always sit in the T5S cinema, if you flick onto a children's channel (Its normally deserted). Some good pictures here:
http://www.airreview.com/BA/Lounges.htm#T5-S

But T5B always seems to have a more relaxed atmosphere - if only because fewer people make it in.

Enjoy!
Old Nov 14, 2011, 9:43 am
Original Poster

Many thanks for all the replies

Angliham
Old Nov 14, 2011, 9:49 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Platinum
Personally, I prefer the N lounge as it is less of an obstacle course to get to, especially if you use N security. Then move to the B lounge as soon as a B gate is confirmed.

Then again, I did have an excellent time at the temporary cocktail bar in T5S a few months ago. Is it still there?
Old Nov 14, 2011, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Camflyer
Then again, I did have an excellent time at the temporary cocktail bar in T5S a few months ago. Is it still there?
Not any more, although I believe BA were looking into a semi-permanent solution.

And really, the South lounge complex is not an 'obstacle course'. It's one escalator down, and one escalator up, with a straight route in between. It also takes about 3 minutes to walk from either security search point, which is nothing in comparison to many airports.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 12:43 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Genius1
Not any more, although I believe BA were looking into a semi-permanent solution.
That would be great. Lounges tend to be fairly impersonal places so it was nice to have somewhere for people to gather and chat. On my last visit I went through the whole menu with a rather lovely Scottish woman and we both nearly missed our flights...
Old Nov 14, 2011, 12:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
Originally Posted by stueys
In order of preference, I would say:
- ccr
- f lounge
- b lounge
- south lounge
- north lounge

Think b lounge is really nice, if you departing from b or c I would go there in preference to north or south
Unless the OP is a Premier he won't be able to access the CCR as he's not travelling in F.

Nor will he be able to access the F lounge with all family even as a Gold card holder as the family are in CW not F.

B lounge - I take it you mean the business class lounge which is known as the Galleries Club lounge. There is also a lounge in the B satellite which could confuse the OP.

The lounge in the B satellite is very nice, and very under utilised but would be better to start in the Galleries Club lounge (South) until the gate has been confirmed.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 8:38 pm

Programs: BA blue,, aeroplan 25K
Agree with sunrise girl. Start in the south lounge unless someone can confirm you are leaving from the B satellite terminal. Our last few trips to YYZ have all left from B terminal and although not posted from between 90-60 min before departure, customer service had the information close to 2 hrs before. Mrs ACS did sone shopping and we headed over to B terminal about 2 hrs before departure. It was empty, quiet and very relaxing. The kids should be no problem and just as much right as anyone else in the lounge.
Depends which gate you depart
Enjoy !!!
Old Nov 15, 2011, 1:15 am

Programs: BA: Silver,
Originally Posted by sunrisegirl
B lounge - I take it you mean the business class lounge which is known as the Galleries Club lounge. There is also a lounge in the B satellite which could confuse the OP.

I took it as B satellite as plenty of posts have been mentioning that one.
Old Nov 15, 2011, 2:43 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH M&M Member
Surely;

Originally Posted by Newssexy
the children can always sit in the T5S cinema, if you flick onto a children's channel (Its normally deserted got a few people sleeping across the seats).
Old Nov 15, 2011, 2:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Just to weigh in, I'd say North lounge too, as it's a doddle from the security point, or go straight to the B lounge if that's appropriate. As others have said it's underused so nice and relaxed. Has been a while since I was in there but think they used to have a fusbal table in the kids play area, which is probably more age appropriate than the other offerings!

South lounge is one escalator down then two up, isn't it, plus the fact that the distance from South security to the top of the first escalator is about the same as North security to the North lounge.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.