Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

canceling one person on a reward booking for two

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2011, 6:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, HH Silver, FB pleb, BMI pleb,

Mr Womble and I are redeeming our miles for a CW return to Beijing next year but it is looking likely that I may have to stay in Beijing for a work visit at the end of it whereas Mr Womble has to fly back to the UK.
I have booked our outbound flight as a one-way but I am wondering how to do the return as if I have to cancel my flight would it affect his, as we are on the same booking (I am doing it on our HHA as I am Gold and get the chage fees etc waivered). Shall I book our returns seperately?

also, if I changed my booking next week (after the 16th) to say.. upgrade from CW to First, would I actually have to stump up more miles or would I even get a refund? as currently it is 160,000 for 2 one-ways in CW and with the new redemtion rates it is 150,000 for 2 one-ways in F ! wishful thinking maybe....

GW
Old Nov 9, 2011, 6:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
BA should be able to split the booking so that you can amendl one and keep the other as is. I do not know if they would charge the change fee on the resulting non-gold booking or not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.