Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

booking award travel before 11/16, changing dates later

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2011, 8:39 am
Original Poster

will it work if i book an award travel now at the lower award rates (flying LAN to s. america) and then changing the dates to a later date?

i'm asking because LAN hasn't released award dates beyond Sept 30th yet

when i change the date, will they charge me for the new higher miles that we are all assuming?
Old Nov 5, 2011, 10:57 am

Programs: BA Silver
I'm fairly certain the answer is no and was addressed explicitly in one of the (very long) threads on upcoming changes.

If you book your flight before Nov. 16, current rates apply. If you want to change dates after Nov. 16, new rates will apply. This is true whether the new rates are higher or lower than the current rates.

tf
Old Nov 5, 2011, 11:38 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
I thought the answer was no, you don't get any miles back if you change the flight (or have to pay more miles if it increases), though you can cancel and rebook, but there needs to be availability. There's no guarantee that when you cancel that seat becomes available for a reward.
Old Nov 5, 2011, 11:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I thought the answer was yes. You are allowed to change your travel dates and not pay any extra mileage.
Old Nov 5, 2011, 11:54 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Twoflower
I'm fairly certain the answer is no
Originally Posted by chistery
I thought the answer was no
Originally Posted by HIDDY
I thought the answer was yes.
There was 2 questions so everyone is right. The answers are YES and NO respectively.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.