Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wearing a First sleeper suit landside

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2011, 4:43 am

I wear my pyjamas from the plane to the arrivals lounge, and get changed after having a shower. No point in getting changed before landing when I'm about to get changed again in 30 minutes.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 4:58 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
I am a stuffy sort who cannot cope with the idea of being seen in pyjamas or any other sleeping attire by strangers, so I do not even change in flight. So the idea of myself wearing them landside, airside, or anywhere else public would horrify me. However, I don't mind/care if other people did. BA ones are not that pyjama like, so I probably won't even notice.

If anything, if I do notice the BA logo, I may think, "oh poor guy/girl, BA must have lost his/her bag. But 'lucky' them, BA must have given them an F sleeper suit instead of the 'BA lost my bag T-shirt'" rather than "slackers, walking around in sleep suit!".

As for people walking around bare-foot in Australia, I've definitely seen many, but after a while, I stopped noticing them. They became a normal sight.

I am not sure if they are locals or backpackers, but I wonder if they do not cut their feet if they are not doing it all the time and so have hardened skin.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 6:19 am

Programs: Mucci Diamond Hairbrush. And Nouveau Bronze
Originally Posted by kered
Well I can't speak for Bondi, as on my visits down under, I never went out there. My time in SYD was centred around the Central Business District.
Blimey. I thought such things only existed in school geography textbooks. Do they really use that name in Sydney?
Old Nov 3, 2011, 6:39 am

Originally Posted by golfmad
Glad to be of service. Out of interest, do two half capes make a whole cape?
Actually halfcape is the style of house that we live in. And two halfcapes do not make a full cape because there would be two front doors and a full cape only has one front door. We can discuss 3/4 capes another time.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 7:02 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Greg66
Blimey. I thought such things only existed in school geography textbooks. Do they really use that name in Sydney?
It's more commonly abbreviated to the CBD, but yes, it's a commonly used term in Australian cities.

Before I arrived in Sydney, the last time I head of a CBD was over 20 years ago in geography lessons!
Old Nov 3, 2011, 7:02 am

Programs: aeroplan E .HH.
Wink Peking twined with Cardiff Public PJs banned

As some Fters may be aware in China and some of the Worlds China towns it's quite common to see some old citizens wondering around in public in PJs. A habit picked up by some Cardiff winners who could not be arsed to dress that day and popped into Tescos to pick up some cigs ect ,Tesco final banned PJs wearers from their stores, This happened at the same time as the Pekking Games where the Chinese Goverment issued an advisory against wearing of PJs in public .So Cardiff was twined with Peking My F class collection of PJs are from LH (2 styles, 1 v neck scrubs style could easily be worn street side) LX rugby top passable ,TGs a bit on the loud side,But TK s are the best Playboy style 2tone satin with unsubtle First Class in gold embroidery true PJs. These I plan to wear street side one day ,perhaps in HKG for my up comming ComfortClass TK HKG IST LAX run
Old Nov 3, 2011, 7:04 am

Programs: QF WP, QP Life, LT Gold, AA, DL

Yes. And here in Adelaide we even abbreviate it to CBD! That's the antipodes for you...
Old Nov 3, 2011, 7:38 am

Programs: No longer bothered chasing FF status.
Originally Posted by Greg66
Originally Posted by BA-Flyer
It's more commonly abbreviated to the CBD, but yes, it's a commonly used term in Australian cities.
I actually had "CBD" typed on my post, but went back & edited to the words. It's been quite a while since I was in SYD, so I wasn't trusting my memory, so thought it best to convey my meaning with words instead.

But it's nice to see that my grey matter, is still able to extract correct information from so long ago ^
Old Nov 3, 2011, 7:44 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by BA-Flyer
I can trump that. I once saw a guy walking through Coles (supermarket) in speedos. Where was he keeping his money?
How did you know that they were the Speedo brand - had a good look did we?

Re: Money - Royalty do not carry money as its vulgar.

I wear my F pyjama tops to Waitrose I do not wear the bottom half as I would look like something from Jeremy Kyle. I would not wear any of it to Tesco as I do not shop among the chavs unless I can avoid it. I wear a pair of red slacks and not the thong that you all assumed. Shame on you.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 8:38 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by matthandy

I've seen stranger things. Here in Australia it seems to be perfectly normal for some people to walk around with no shoes on. This includes walking into public toilets, walking around a shopping centre, using the train, you name it. Very weird.
A barefoot lifestyle!
Natural, safe and healthy. Unusual for the western world but accepted as normal for much of the planet and not 'weird' at all.

You may recognise me if you are at T5 this evening! Come and say hello!
Old Nov 3, 2011, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by LTN Phobia

As for people walking around bare-foot in Australia, I've definitely seen many, but after a while, I stopped noticing them. They became a normal sight.

I am not sure if they are locals or backpackers, but I wonder if they do not cut their feet if they are not doing it all the time and so have hardened skin.
Barefoot for over 10 years including mountain hiking. I have natural hardened skin. Never had a serious injury. Barefooters look where they are going and walk differently (more naturally!)
Old Nov 3, 2011, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by matthandy

I dread to think what people are spreading with walking around bare foot. There's a reason for wearing shoes and then taking them off when you get home. I find it pretty disgusting to be honest.
Oops, time to put that one to bed.
My feet spread the same 'stuff' as other people's feet. I wash my feet more often than most people wash their shoes. It has been shown that most of the diseases effecting the feet are more common and more severe in shoe users than barefooters. Problematic infections such as athletes' foot are encouraged by the warm damp atmosphere inside shoes. Barefooters don't suffer from athletes' foot.
One of the reasons that i do not wear shoes is that I find them disgusting!
And no, my feet don't smell. It is the wearing of shoes that causes the infection that makes the smell
Old Nov 3, 2011, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I wore my F PJ top under a jacket in the CCR connecting to NCL because the terminal was so humid that by the time I reached the CCR my shirt was soaked.

Originally Posted by golfmad
Then, nightmare...

The door from the club lounge became unserviceable so we were asked to board via the main door but they called us just as everyone started boarding. So, to my great embarrassment, I had to head to the back of the line wearing my sleep suit and slippers. I remember some very odd looks amongst the other passengers.
As one never to stand by the conventions I say bah! To heck with them.

Originally Posted by lancefan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClAz8nDI1t0

I wonder how many F passengers where wondering around in their sleeper suit.

I'd rather not be walking around in a pair of cheap slippers and a flimsy pair of pj's.
When I took my first F flights a few months ago I quite happily changed into my F PJs. And I would not worry about walking around the tarmac in F PJs.

However I always insist on wearing my shoes for take off.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 8:52 am

Programs: BA EC Gold
Last year I spotted a guy in a First sleeper suit in the linen/towels department at John Lewis, Oxford Street. Full suit inc. top and trousers.

Clearly straight from the plane. Seemed like he was buying for a hotel on account of the bales of towels being bagged-up at the till.

On balance I was very impressed with such rock star behaviour!
Old Nov 3, 2011, 9:42 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Amex and some hotels
Originally Posted by dca100
Last year I spotted a guy in a First sleeper suit in the linen/towels department at John Lewis, Oxford Street. Full suit inc. top and trousers.

Clearly straight from the plane. Seemed like he was buying for a hotel on account of the bales of towels being bagged-up at the till.

On balance I was very impressed with such rock star behaviour!
I would guess that his bag was lost and he was using up his (£1000?) allowance from his travel insurance. Having bought a suit/shirt etc. Why not use the rest on stuff he needs for home, eg some new fluffy towels?
As nice as it is, I get £1200 for the first 24 hours if my bag's lost, then another £800 (I think) next day. I certainly don't need £2000 for 2 days!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.