Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Membership changes - Your feedback and questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Membership changes - Your feedback and questions

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2011, 2:58 am

Location: 15 minutes west of LHR, Stockholm, or somewhere inbetween.
Programs: BAEC Gold GGL, CCR, GfL, Mucci des Recherches des Consommations Exotiques.
Hi Nicci,

Thank you for taking the time to answer our questions and posting here on FT, it is much appreciated.

On the whole, the changes you're making are either positive or have no impact on me, as a high TP earning Gold who tends to fly in the highest available class.

The one thing that does concern me, is that with the introduction of the Bronze tier, the amount of people that will now be allowed to use the Club check in.

An example of how it effects me and how it will become even more of a problem in the future.

I fly back home to LHR from ARN every Friday in CE and sometimes I'll have checked in luggage.

There is a Club check in at ARN where already today the queues on a Friday are not much shorter than for Y check in.

With the introduction of the Bronze tier, I think that the queues for Club check in on a Friday will increase to the point where they're as long or longer than for Y check in.

It seems to me that some of the changes you've made of late inpact your very best customers in a negative way, while giving extra perks to your not so good customers.

A previous example of this was when you started to sell advance seat bookings to your non status customers, meaning that your best customers where less likely to be able to get their favourite seats.

Please do not take this as me being negative about all the changes, as most of them are either good or neutral for me, but I do feel that I should mention my concerns.

bjorns
Old Oct 20, 2011, 7:46 am

Nicci,

Has the BA team considered what will happen at the JFK outstation when Ruby's/Bronze will be allowed to use the Premium Check-in Area? Bronze benefits does not include Fast Track security, however at JFK T7 the Club check-in desks are in a dedicated premium area with it's own security channel that Silvers/Golds and CW/F passengers may use.

This is a logistical problem BA need to look at, or there will be bad blood among Bronzies because they get rejected and have to walk back to the main departure area, or, Elite members and Premium Pax will be upset because the Premium security becomes not so premium.

Cheers,

Petrus
Old Oct 20, 2011, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Petrus
Hi,

Swanhunter has previously asked to not use this thread for whinging and opinionating. Still, some posters do this and posts have to be deleted. We will not tolerate it in this thread. Nicci is here for your benefit. Respect that.

Use the other threads for bad will if you have to.

Thanks for understanding.
Petrus.
Makes perfect sense to me because I read whole threads, but do you think retitling this thread: 'Membership changes: your questions' would avoid confusion when people don't and reflect more accurately what this thread has been set up to do in the sense that it is precisely not deemed the right place for feedback?

Question: will the new bunches of bronze people get access to all seats at d -7 or will some sections be reserved to gold and/or silver? When flying economy short haul, not the whole cabin is available at reservation and many seats only open up at d - 3 so many of us change our assignments at that time. Are we now in competition with bronze then?
Old Oct 20, 2011, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Stez
As I'm blue, I will be bronze before my membership year is reset, which is useful as the old rules would have seen my tier points reset before I had a chance to reach silver.
Bronze never existed under the old rules - so it's sort of incorrect to say that. There never was an equivalent intermediate semi-status level to begin with!!!
Old Oct 20, 2011, 8:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by angatol

If so, three cheers for the new system!
I think you mean "cheers for the intermediate period between changing the rules, with all its apparently unintended opportunities to gain even easier status" than cheers for the new system - which ultimately leads EU members to a far less attractive scheme.
Old Oct 20, 2011, 8:40 am

Last edited by angatol; Mar 1, 2015 at 4:31 am
Old Oct 20, 2011, 8:58 am

Programs: BA GGL
GUF2...Can EU Members Now Earn 2?

The title says it all.....with the alignment of TP thresholds, as an EU member am I now eligible for the second GUF2 at 3500TPs?
Old Oct 21, 2011, 5:54 am
Company Representative - British Airways
Original Poster

Dear all

I have updated a few questions in the main Q&A post.

A small plea from me, I really cannot answer one to one questions on all of the scenarios I am presented with via private mail. Many of the answers are in the main Q&A and other customers really will benefit from the answers so if possible it would be great if we can stick to the thread.

Thanks for your support on this

Best regards

Nicci
Old Oct 21, 2011, 6:12 am

Programs: BA gold
Originally Posted by irishguy28
Bronze never existed under the old rules - so it's sort of incorrect to say that. There never was an equivalent intermediate semi-status level to begin with!!!
What I meant was, I would be approaching the membership year-end where tier points are reset, and under the old rules, I'd have over 300, but less than 600 needed for silver, so under the new rules, those 300 odd points will not go to "waste".

Granted, it's not silver, but better than a kick in the teeth.
Old Oct 21, 2011, 6:12 am

Originally Posted by BA Executive Club
Dear all

I'm a bit lost. Is this the main QA post?:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/17051813-post66.html
Old Oct 21, 2011, 6:33 am

Last edited by angatol; Mar 1, 2015 at 5:16 am
Old Oct 21, 2011, 6:33 am

Originally Posted by BA Executive Club
Dear all

A small plea from me, I really cannot answer one to one questions on all of the scenarios I am presented with via private mail. Many of the answers are in the main Q&A and other customers really will benefit from the answers so if possible it would be great if we can stick to the thread.

Thanks for your support on this

Best regards

Nicci
You have still not answered question 27, two days ago you wrote.

27)
I will respond to this tomorrow
Old Oct 21, 2011, 6:34 am

Location: 15 minutes west of LHR, Stockholm, or somewhere inbetween.
Programs: BAEC Gold GGL, CCR, GfL, Mucci des Recherches des Consommations Exotiques.
Originally Posted by oscietra
I'm a bit lost. Is this the main QA post?:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/17051813-post66.html
See post 13 on page 1 of this thread.

bjorns
Old Oct 21, 2011, 6:43 am

Originally Posted by bjorns
See post 13 on page 1 of this thread.

bjorns
Aha!

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/17299223-post13.html

So there are two Q&A posts.

It would be smashing if they could be made easier to see at the top of the Board, perhaps in a locked sticky only BA Executive Club could update, to avoid opening up commentary on too many fronts.
Old Oct 21, 2011, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by globalste
I would like to echo this again Nicci as I think we are talking about the same thing but still not understanding what the answer is:

Spanish Tierpoints currently issued (each way):

Business: 40TP
Flex Y: 20TP
Economy: 10TP

What will be the new tier points earned and will it effect flights already booked?

As mentioned by Hannibal, we and many others book these flights quite far in advance and will be pretty p'ed if we forked out for a ticket but the tier points don't allow us to renew.
Iberia has published that info, BA should do the same without further delay...

Compare: Mainland Spain-Canary islands is nearly 1200 miles
MAD-LHR is 785...so won't we even get 10pts for the former?

Here's from Iberia's new site, certainly doesn't make things clearer

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.