Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New look EC cards on the way

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2011, 2:06 am

Programs: BA Gold, several other less interesting cards...
Originally Posted by andset1191
I have to say I quite like the new bronze cards...
Were you the Customer Focus Group who gave 100% approval?
Old Oct 20, 2011, 2:07 am

I dont think there is anything Andsett1191 does not like about BA...
Old Oct 20, 2011, 2:58 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Originally Posted by andset1191
I have to say I quite like the new bronze cards...
Perhaps they are aimed at the younger generation!

Will you get enough points to get one this year?
Old Oct 20, 2011, 3:04 am

Programs: BA Gold, CX Gold (OW Sapphire), Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Accor Platinum
There's nowt wrong with the new look card ... are they upgrading the Blue card too?
Old Oct 20, 2011, 4:02 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, LH Sen, EK & VS Gold, Amex Cent
I really dislike that design. Looks very tacky IMHO. I suppose it goes well with the new "Avios" points, rather than with traditional "Executive Club".

I'd prefer to see a simple but elegant card with the BA crest on it. I think the LH, BMI and AY cards look quite good.

While I never carry it around, I still think small things make a difference and they should make people want to have the card, and it should look good next to competitors. For those who us it on bags it would probably be the same as the tags, and that is advertising for BA, so it should look better.
Old Oct 20, 2011, 4:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by YClass
I really dislike that design. Looks very tacky IMHO. I suppose it goes well with the new "Avios" points, rather than with traditional "Executive Club".

I think its supposed to look young and cool. Instead of old and boring. Its supposed to make new people want it a bit. Maybe it does that.
Old Oct 20, 2011, 4:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Originally Posted by origin
I think its supposed to look young and cool. Instead of old and boring. Its supposed to make new people want it a bit. Maybe it does that.
Cr@p color isn't a young market's color.... Look around you and see the colors that the young carry... Not cr@p.... They needed something vibrant and that pulls your eye. Nothing that you want to hide in the bottom of the luggage and never show.
Old Oct 20, 2011, 4:25 am

Programs: BA Gold
I'm young, and I think it looks naff!! I don't want all these changes, I am happy with the Silver card in my wallet...
Old Oct 20, 2011, 5:53 am

May be should be Old but Cool ;-)

Since most high Revenue generating people (who would get EC status) typically fly premium cabins, or a very large amount in Y, then I would have thought that they aren't targetting THAT young an audience. Presumably they want business travellers and not gap-yaaaahs.
Old Oct 20, 2011, 5:59 am

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
Looks like a wrapper from an ice cream bar. Really cheap looking.
Old Oct 20, 2011, 6:00 am

Programs: BA GGL, VS Gold, BD Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, IC RA, Hilton Diamond, Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by mikey2124
I'm young, and I think it looks naff!! I don't want all these changes, I am happy with the Silver card in my wallet...
If you like Silver then you will love the new Platinum card

Having seen all the new card designs, Blue was actually one of my personal favourites. Not that I would want to be back at Blue of course

Last edited by BA1A; Oct 20, 2011 at 6:15 am
Old Oct 20, 2011, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

May be should be Old but Cool ;-)

Since most high Revenue generating people (who would get EC status) typically fly premium cabins, or a very large amount in Y, then I would have thought that they aren't targetting THAT young an audience. Presumably they want business travellers and not gap-yaaaahs.
Sorry, this is the bronze card the near basic card. Which is the group of the next generation they are trying to get into the club. Once the person has a bit of premium traffic then they will move up to silver or Gold, which I believe is a different design for them.

But I would have thought BA would want to target the mid 20 professional person or the 30 years old who want a little more comfort on a flight.
Old Oct 20, 2011, 8:53 am

I can't believe they would have different designs for the tiers. That would be bizarre.
Old Oct 20, 2011, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I can't believe they would have different designs for the tiers. That would be bizarre.
We will see in good time.
Old Oct 20, 2011, 9:42 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK E+, LH Sen, Accor Plat, Base level: AF, AS, DL, Hilton, IHG
The the 'World Tails' era, the cards through the tiers were pretty different by virtue of their different ethic origins (of which, OT, I thought the silver one was by far the most attractive).

Shuttle

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.