Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Confirmed: end of euro elite thresholds

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2015, 9:34 am

Programs: BA Gold, AY
Originally Posted by stimpy
Well they just did reply! I guess it is pretty quick considering there's probably a lot of people contacting BA about this. And BA did apologise for the IT and as long as I pass 800 TP's this year (I'm nearly there already) they will renew me once more.

I've been Gold for most of the previous 19 years so maybe that helped in my case. I hope everyone else gets taken care of properly.
I just received a reply to my complaint, with no luck. My membership year ends on June 8 and I hit 840 Tier Points after a trip in May. I booked this trip thinking that I'd reach the needed level, and that was before the website displayed correct TP level... but the BAEC representative said this level cannot be honoured any further.

Just wanted to share my experience since there might be members who are in the same situation and are keeping their hopes high! I have been Gold for 5 years now, so maybe that's the reason I did not get lucky...

EDIT: Against all odds, my Gold membership was renewed, so maybe complaining politely helped, after all!

Last edited by speedymac; Jun 15, 2015 at 7:22 am Reason: Updated information
Old Jul 28, 2015, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
Now it says Gold renewal pending, the card I can print out says valid to 06/16
and last but not least that I need 800 TPs to retain Gold
I received the new card, 06/16, and for a long while my account said that I needed 800TPs to requalify for 2017,
but now it's saying 1500 again, the change must have happen within the last week....
Old Aug 10, 2015, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
I received the new card, 06/16, and for a long while my account said that I needed 800TPs to requalify for 2017,
but now it's saying 1500 again, the change must have happen within the last week....
Just had my account tick over. 0 Tier Points yet again... Target still 800 TPs, but sadly that probably won't last...
Old Aug 11, 2015, 6:43 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Target still 800 TPs, but sadly that probably won't last...
Will probably change on your old card expiry date, so the end of next month.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 11:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Now almost four years after the OP I was again renewed at the old 800 TP level. But BA said that this is absolutely, positively, surely, cross our fingers, we really hope, don't hold us to it...the last time.

And now for the first time starting a new year, my account says 1500 TP's to renew Gold. Time To Fly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.