Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New BRONZE tier announced [and changes to membership year calculation]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New BRONZE tier announced [and changes to membership year calculation]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2011, 4:20 am

Programs: BA bronze card, NHS Blood Donor silver card
But for those of us who have no hope in normally reaching 300 TPs, the question surely is.. how many TPs do you need to EuroCheat your way to Bronze?
Old Oct 18, 2011, 4:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

http://www.travelmole.com/stories/1149841.php

Start date November 16
Old Oct 18, 2011, 4:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Oh, look ....
All Executive Club customers will now be able to collect as many tier points as they can in any one membership year, rather than start again when they’ve reached the next tier level.

Well found, origin ^
Old Oct 18, 2011, 4:23 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by origin
Wow, big news!

All Executive Club customers will now be able to collect as many tier points as they can in any one membership year, rather than start again when they’ve reached the next tier level.

Its not clear if that's just Bronze to Silver, though it does say All Executive Club customers.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 4:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Its ALL EC members. Which is most helpful.

But does that mean you will stay Blue all year even if you have 600 points
Old Oct 18, 2011, 4:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Paralytic
Its not clear if that's just Bronze to Silver though.
Snap!! Just beat you!!

It says ALL BAEC Members so I take that at face value for now.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 4:26 am

It is (or it would be) certainly a move towards attracting new customers, which is spot on, methinks.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 4:27 am

Its ALL EC members. Which is most helpful.
Sorry, had just edited my post to add that. This will change the dynamics a bit when you get promoted to a new tier. Effectively, all tier points you earn between your promotion date and your year end are "lost"

It does mean that there's no danger of people getting Bronze when they would have gotten Silver without the tier introduction.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 4:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by T8191
It says ALL BAEC Members so I take that at face value for now.
Maybe that will help the Euros who possibly are becoming the same levels as the rest of the World.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 4:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

But does that mean you will stay Blue all year even if you have 600 points
I read that in a positive sense. e.g. you get 300 TPs, get promoted to Bronze and keep the 300 on your way to Silver. You have until the end of the membership year to get the 600 for silver.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 4:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sorry, had just edited my post to add that. This will change the dynamics a bit when you get promoted. Effectively, all tier points you earn between your promotion date and your year end are "lost".
Maybe we need to get Nikki out of bed. Last call for BA Nikki. Please make your way to the board and help us.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 4:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Sorry, had just edited my post to add that. This will change the dynamics a bit when you get promoted. Effectively, all tier points you earn between your promotion date and your year end are "lost".
Not necessarily - perhaps you could go from Blue to Gold, bypassing Silver, if you did 1,500 in one year. You can't do that now. Or Silver to Gold Guest List.

This looks like a move to permanently fixed membership years, as used by, say, Priority Club or Miles & More. So, if your year starts in January as a Blue and you hit 600 TPs in March, you get promoted from March-December PLUS all of the following year.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 4:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by T8191
I read that in a positive sense. e.g. you get 300 TPs, get promoted to Bronze and keep the 300 on your way to Silver. You have until the end of the membership year to get the 600 for silver.
That is possibly right. Which will help many people in these tough times. Also the Euros.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 4:31 am

Maybe that will help the Euros who possibly are becoming the same levels as the rest of the World.
I'm not sure about other levels, but its looking like there won't be a Eurocheating opportunity for Bronze. I can't see BA introducing a 200 TP tier.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 4:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Raffles
Not necessarily - perhaps you could go from Blue to Gold, bypassing Silver, if you did 1,500 in one year. You can't do that now. Or Silver to Gold Guest List.

This looks like a move to permanently fixed membership years, as used by, say, Priority Club or Miles & More. So, if your year starts in January as a Blue and you hit 600 TPs in March, you get promoted from March-December PLUS all of the following year.
Thank you for that. I have forgotten about how M&M operate. its been a couple of years since I have used them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.