LHR - EDI catering?

Old Sep 25, 2011, 11:45 am
Original Poster

LHR - EDI catering?

I know there is a link out there which I can't find, however: what is the catering on the 2000 LHR - EDI service like these days? Its been a while since I was on the Scotland flights regularly. Still a cold meat salad?

Thanks in advance
Old Sep 25, 2011, 11:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
It has been a while! It'll be a biscuit.
Old Sep 25, 2011, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Savoury snack with a drink from the bar.

Biscuit with a hot drink.
Old Sep 25, 2011, 11:49 am
Original Poster

Thank you both - about 4 years so I anticipated things may have changed.
Old Sep 25, 2011, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by sammy..uk
Still a cold meat salad?

A packet of these bad boys:

http://www.thedormenfoodcompany.com/

Or a Fox's biscuit

(And if BBB is taking care of you, maybe a bag of leftovers to take home with you )
Old Sep 25, 2011, 11:53 am

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
They are better than the hideous birdseed, but the biscuit is more substantial, and you can almost pretend it's a very small and inadequate meal
Old Sep 25, 2011, 12:07 pm

Programs: HiltonH. Gold Starwood Gold BA BLUES! Mucci.
Interesting article in the 'Sunday telegraph' newspaper today, where an article on B.A and the boss of B.A. ...recognised that service had been 'Salami sliced' but would be cut no further.... and that B.A's future was as a full service airline....
I appreciate that the definition of 'full service' might not mean 'full catering'
Whilst I remember the days of hot catering on the evening flights to/ from EDI I really don't think it is too much to ask to offer a sandwich or wrap on flights at meal times. It is woeful to offer only a cookie and drink on a flight at 18.30 or so, particularly if you are in a rush..... and when the single fare can be over Ł200!
BA was formerly my airline of choice... I am much more selective now.
Old Sep 25, 2011, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by Skipcool3
Interesting article in the 'Sunday telegraph' newspaper today, where an article on B.A and the boss of B.A. ...recognised that service had been 'Salami sliced' but would be cut no further.... and that B.A's future was as a full service airline....
I appreciate that the definition of 'full service' might not mean 'full catering'
Whilst I remember the days of hot catering on the evening flights to/ from EDI I really don't think it is too much to ask to offer a sandwich or wrap on flights at meal times. It is woeful to offer only a cookie and drink on a flight at 18.30 or so, particularly if you are in a rush..... and when the single fare can be over Ł200!
You don't have much choice nowadays on the LHR-EDI run. BA at least give you a free drink/small snack. BD is buy-on-board, unless you are in "Flexi-Y" you now get a hot wrap and a cup of coffee.
Old Sep 25, 2011, 12:10 pm
Original Poster

Very good point well made. I fail to believe the cost of the type of food you mentioned would break the bank. I'm sure would also do a great deal to improve the appeal of the airline over competitors.
Old Sep 25, 2011, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Although sometimes, the opportunity to buy something is appreciated ( rather than just a biscuit)

Regards

TBS
Old Sep 25, 2011, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Oh how I miss that evening salad tray service... It was a pain in the backside to deliver, but I felt like I was giving people a proper service and product...

I do genuinely miss it...
Old Sep 25, 2011, 12:33 pm

It is woeful to offer only a cookie and drink on a flight at 18.30 or so, particularly if you are in a rush..... and when the single fare can be over Ł200!
My daily commute to/from work used to take longer than the LHR-EDI flight and I survived for years without being given food or drink. To expect anything more than they already offer is unrealistic.
If you can't survive such a short time without eating may I suggest you carry a jeely piece in your bag.
Old Sep 25, 2011, 12:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BingBongBoy
Oh how I miss that evening salad tray service... It was a pain in the backside to deliver, but I felt like I was giving people a proper service and product...

very good to hear!!!
Old Sep 25, 2011, 12:35 pm

Programs: BA Silver, HHonours Gold, Mucci of Pucci, Oyster Card, Nectar Card, Father's Day Card
Originally Posted by BingBongBoy

So do I!

I also miss the three course hot meal, with drinks run, second drinks run and coffee that preceded the salads - but then you did have 2 or three more crew in those days.
Old Sep 25, 2011, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by HIDDY
If you can't survive such a short time without eating may I suggest you carry a jeely piece in your bag.
A fine snack, that would certainly be more appetising that current UK Domestic offerings.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.