Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Reward flight pricing table for BA and IB

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2011, 2:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Sorry to butt in with an European perspective but this is the award chart for flights originating in the UK. I understand that BA is trying to reemphasize its Britishness but have some consideration for those who have been flying you from Europe!

So, can you finally confirm or deny that Zone 1 EU countries can still book at the same mileage as UK customers or do we now need to add the Zone 1 return to that?

BTW: great to see BKK reduced too but shame about SIN...
Old Sep 21, 2011, 3:18 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Mexico

and Mexico is in NORTH America, something the geographically illiterate at BA hasn't understood
Old Sep 21, 2011, 3:23 am
Company Representative - British Airways
Original Poster

Hi all

Just a couple of quick updates. We are adding the remaining missing destinations to ensure this is as complete as possible. Apologies if we caused any confusion as a result of their ommission(s)!

In answer to some questions so far:

a) Avios & Money (the new name for Part Cash Part Miles) will continue to exist as a price option. The Reward Flight Saver product will also be applicable to Avios & Money. From launch, you the flat cash price (£27 for Euro Traveller/£34 for Club Europe) will be included in the cash element for those members who are eligible.

b) One way rewards will be charged at 0.5 of the return price as published on the table

c) The current Miles for Upgrade multipliers will apply to the base reward prices as published on the table - the new name will be Upgrading using Avios. The key change here is that you can upgrade on a sector basis and pay for only the sector you are upgrading. Today we charge the upgrade from origin to destination, regardless of whether it is available or not on one of the sectors

d) For connections which are not wholly domestic BA or IB, you will be charged for the sector

I will continue to monitor the thread for queries and reply as and when I am able to

Best regards

Nicci
Old Sep 21, 2011, 3:58 am

Programs: BA : Virgin
Yikes

"For connections which are not wholly domestic BA or IB, you will be charged for the sector"
Old Sep 21, 2011, 4:00 am

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
Hi Nicci,

As was asked earlier, will it be possible to mix zones in open-jaws. One-ways can work around this but it was always a seemingly unnecessary limitation on Amex 241 bookings. And it's more likely to limit things now with countries split into 2 zones. Ridiculous open-jaws (i.e. trying to call two separate trips one return) could still be cut out by the open-leg-is-shortest rule.

e.g. you now couldn't book LHR-Beijing//Shanghai-LHR, LAX//ORD, EZE//GIG, BKK//SIN and so on.

Thanks.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 4:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by BA Executive Club
c) The current Miles for Upgrade multipliers will apply to the base reward prices as published on the table - the new name will be Upgrading using Avios. The key change here is that you can upgrade on a sector basis and pay for only the sector you are upgrading. Today we charge the upgrade from origin to destination, regardless of whether it is available or not on one of the sectors
Thanks for the clarification.

Do you have details of reward pricing to DME when it goes longhaul? I am assuming Zone 4?
Old Sep 21, 2011, 4:18 am

Programs: BA Gold GGL, Hilton Diamond, FB Grey, Amex MR, Trop Plus Gold
Originally Posted by BA Executive Club
If I understand this correctly, the model is changing from a redemption from point to point via wherever, to a per-leg redemption? For example, an MFU from W to J SJU-DFW-LHR-LUX one way would have cost 12,500 miles, would this change under the new system to 37,500 miles?

Oh and LUX is missing from the list too

Last edited by Royce; Sep 21, 2011 at 4:20 am Reason: Messed up the quote
Old Sep 21, 2011, 6:22 am

A return MFU (should I say AFU) for 25k - only 5k more than a single MFU used to be. And with a WT+ return earning (5719 + 5719 + 1430) x2 = 25736 with a silver or gold bonus, you earn enough to MFU the whole return next time too, with a few points in loose change! Absolute bargain.

Happy bunny in Hampshire
Old Sep 21, 2011, 6:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ah, so rewards from the EU will go up (in miles & money) unless you only fly BKK/HKG. Well, it was what I was expecting. BA now the only airline to have a sector based reward chart. I will have to pay more* for the privilege of flying BA.

Not good.

* I see the miles I get as a 'cash back' principle.

Last question: will this new reward chart also apply to partners? Logically I would now prefer AMS-HKG directly on CX. Given that the charts are distance based and AMS-HKG is shorter than LHR-HKG it would make sense...

Last edited by henkybaby; Sep 21, 2011 at 6:39 am
Old Sep 21, 2011, 6:35 am

Programs: some blue some silver some gold
Izmir listed in Z3. Have i missed the return of flights to Izmir? I thought Easyjet had taken over these from LGW?
Old Sep 21, 2011, 6:45 am

Programs: FlyingBlue (Platinum); AA (Executive Plat); BAEC (Silver), SPG (Platinum); Hilton (Diamond)
Originally Posted by henkybaby
Last question: will this new reward chart also apply to partners? Logically I would now prefer AMS-HKG directly on CX. Given that the charts are distance based and AMS-HKG is shorter than LHR-HKG it would make sense...
I think it's been covered a few times that there will be one chart for the following: BA, BA+1 Partner and 1Partner alone, so, yes this chart does apply to partners. However, this chart is ONLY for the UK to various destinations so it technically doesn't cover AMS-HKG. However, I think what we can say is that LHR-HKG on CX will cost the same as in this chart.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by ColdWalker
A return MFU (should I say AFU)
No, you should say UUA
Old Sep 21, 2011, 6:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ocdb8r
I think it's been covered a few times that there will be one chart for the following: BA, BA+1 Partner and 1Partner alone, so, yes this chart does apply to partners. However, this chart is ONLY for the UK to various destinations so it technically doesn't cover AMS-HKG. However, I think what we can say is that LHR-HKG on CX will cost the same as in this chart.
That is exactly why I am asking. Will there be a different logic for flights not originating from the UK? Since reward flights already go up considerably for us mainland Europeans I would not want to be screwed twice.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 6:50 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA EXP
Originally Posted by dhoward
Izmir listed in Z3. Have i missed the return of flights to Izmir? I thought Easyjet had taken over these from LGW?
No, I think it's clear from the number of comments already made in this thread on the accuracy of the destinations included in the chart that BA appears a bit clueless to where it actually flies to!
Old Sep 21, 2011, 6:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stifle
No, you should say UUA
I thought we agreed on Upgradios....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.