Wiki Posts
Search

Printing Receipts for E-tickets

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2011, 2:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, M&M Silver
Printing Receipts for E-tickets

Is there a more elegant solution thatn to pring of the 5+ pages of e-ticket receipt emailed to you? I remember you used to be able to get a nice, neat receipt printed at the airport on the same card stock that boarding passes were printed (at least on AA).

Any suggestions would be happily received.
Old Sep 16, 2011, 2:20 am

Programs: A variety of precious-metal themed cards; MUCCI
I don't usually bring an e-ticket reciept with me. Check-in happens via passport and Exec Club card. If needed, the e-ticket is with me in email form on my blackberry.

The only exception, when I would carry a printout, might be long haul travel to certain countries where it's necessary to prove intention to leave again. In this case the relevant bit of the e-ticket email (usually the first page) is all I carry, not the pages and pages of Ts&Cs and advertisements.
Old Sep 16, 2011, 2:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Any BA ticket office or SSCI machine will print you out a nice e-ticket receipt.
Old Sep 16, 2011, 2:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Londonflyer
Any suggestions would be happily received.
Exactly as you suggested.

They will happily print your eticket receipt/itinerary on a card at a CI desk or at the ticket desk.
Old Sep 16, 2011, 2:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Is there a more elegant solution thatn to pring of the 5+ pages of e-ticket receipt emailed to you?
I only print the first two pages onto a single sheet of A4, printed double sided. The rest is standard form stuff.

But the boarding pass-size receipt is neater.
Old Sep 16, 2011, 3:15 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
There is a much cleaner version in MMB than the email they send to you and it prints quite nicely on 1 or 2 pages.

Click "Print/View Itinerary" under Administration.

It is very useful as it gives information about which check in desks to use and also directions to the lounge if you are travelling through a new airport ^
Old Sep 16, 2011, 3:36 am

Programs: BA bronze card, NHS Blood Donor silver card
Originally Posted by Sixth Freedom
Any BA ticket office or SSCI machine will print you out a nice e-ticket receipt.
I thought the option to print from the SSCI had been removed? I seem to remember someone (SRG?) saying that it's because so many people printed them then realised they didn't have a clue what to do with them.
Old Sep 16, 2011, 3:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by J-Class
I don't usually bring an e-ticket reciept with me. Check-in happens via passport and Exec Club card. If needed, the e-ticket is with me in email form on my blackberry.

The only exception, when I would carry a printout, might be long haul travel to certain countries where it's necessary to prove intention to leave again. In this case the relevant bit of the e-ticket email (usually the first page) is all I carry, not the pages and pages of Ts&Cs and advertisements.
I should have been clearer (oh dear, where does poor requirrements specification land us)? I meant I need it for the agonising process of compiling my expense report.

Old Sep 16, 2011, 3:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by teflon
I thought the option to print from the SSCI had been removed? I seem to remember someone (SRG?) saying that it's because so many people printed them then realised they didn't have a clue what to do with them.
Correct. The SSCI machines no longer allow you to print the receipt. You have to ask at a CI desk, the ticket desk, on at the desk in the lounge.
Old Sep 16, 2011, 4:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by travellingblade
There is a much cleaner version in MMB than the email they send to you and it prints quite nicely on 1 or 2 pages.

It is very useful as it gives information about which check in desks to use and also directions to the lounge if you are travelling through a new airport ^
So, I just tried printing from MMB. It still prints off over 4sides of A4, 2 sheets double sided. Its seems a bit excessive. I wish you could print your own, smaller, neater version at home, or from the self service check in machines.

Why on earth would BA have chosed to disable this functionality if it was in place already?
Old Sep 16, 2011, 5:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by travellingblade

However, this is only an itinerary, not an e-ticket receipt; it doesn't have ticket information on it.
Why on earth would BA have chosed to disable this functionality if it was in place already?
Just guessing, but perhaps 99% of pax don't want one, the extra step of asking whether you want one confuses and clutters the SSCI process, and anyone who does want one can just stop at a desk and ask?
Old Sep 16, 2011, 5:24 am

Programs: BA Gold, CX Gold (OW Sapphire), Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Accor Platinum
Tell me about it. One of the things that really does annoy me, when like yourself, I always printed a receipt.

Will add it to the pile of things that worked and were "enhanced" away.
Old Sep 16, 2011, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Jordan D
Tell me about it. One of the things that really does annoy me, when like yourself, I always printed a receipt.

Will add it to the pile of things that worked and were "enhanced" away.
This has been annoying me for some time because I too always printed a receipt from the SSCI machines. Having to go to customer services to print a receipt almost totally negates the value of online check in.

This is a pretty simple thing to get right or to offer a summary single A4 receipt view in MMB. Other airlines handle this much better.
Old Sep 16, 2011, 5:46 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I should have been clearer (oh dear, where does poor requirrements specification land us)? I meant I need it for the agonising process of compiling my expense report.

Depending on how you procure your tickets, Web front ends such as virtuallythere.com may be more helpful. Or maybe your Amex statement seems to hold the key facts (and can be expanded in the online version).
Old Sep 16, 2011, 5:56 am

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
Originally Posted by Globaliser
However, this is only an itinerary, not an e-ticket receipt; it doesn't have ticket information on it.Just guessing, but perhaps 99% of pax don't want one, the extra step of asking whether you want one confuses and clutters the SSCI process, and anyone who does want one can just stop at a desk and ask?
There are two separate links under administration Print/View Intinerary and Print/Email e-ticket receipt.

Clicking the second will give you an e-ticket receipt complete with payment information and a full breakdown of taxes and fees, but only after you have keyed in the card number used for payment. It still has all the extra stuff and prints to a few pages though so of no help to Londonflyer!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.