Wiki Posts
Search

ba9 [service, lounge questions]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2011, 3:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United mileage plus, qantas frequent flyer silver
ba9 [service, lounge questions]

First flight with Club World home to Sydney soon, please assure me that it will be better than qf32!
Any advice about best use of lounges on the way would be appreciated, spa, food, any other activities etc
Regards, Gezza
Old Sep 12, 2011, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
The lounges used by BA/QF at LHR T3 are the same (the BA Galleries First/Galleries Club lounges). Similarly, the lounges at BKK are the same (the joint BA/QF First and Business lounges).

When did you last fly QF32? I enjoyed the Business service on the A380. IMO, the crew and, in particular, food are generally superior in QF Business when compared to BA Club World. Do not expect good food when travelling in Club World.

The BA CW seat (particularly if an aisle) is more private than the QF Business seats, but probably not as clean.

IFE is better on QF's A380 than BA's 747s.
Old Sep 12, 2011, 3:37 pm
Original Poster

Woops, it was a 747 upstairs on qf 29 over to uk on 27th july, hated the so called flat seats and the lounges are boring compaired to jal in narita.
Old Sep 12, 2011, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by gezza48
Woops, it was a 747 upstairs on qf 29 over to uk on 27th july, hated the so called flat seats and the lounges are boring compaired to jal in narita.
QF29 is operated by a 744, so you would've had angled lie flat seats, as opposed to the fully flat beds on the A380. All BA Club World seats are fully flat beds.

You can try out the CX/AA lounges at LHR T3 if you so wish. Don't bother with the AA lounge, though.
Old Sep 12, 2011, 9:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
You will get a seat that turns into a variety of lounging positions, a flat bed and, in the words of BA's marketing chaps, "space, privacy and comfort enabling you to sleep, work and relax".

However please do bear in mind that it is only a seat in a tube.

If you feel dissatisfied three or four hours into the flight, why not head back to check how the chaps in World Traveller are doing.

I recommend taking a window seat on the upper deck if you can.
Old Sep 12, 2011, 11:02 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Sixth Freedom
I recommend taking a window seat on the upper deck if you can.
As SF says, this makes for a most enjoyable flight. I find the BA Club World seat to be an excellant product on the Jumbo, particularly if you can grab a seat upstairs. Fully flat is so much better than angled lie-flat.

Have a good trip. And dont forget to "raid the larder" for chocs and crisps etc when you get a little hungry mid-movie...
Old Sep 13, 2011, 12:55 am
Original Poster

Thank you all very much for the advice. I dont feel like paying the extra to pre book my seat and am sure I will have a good flight with BA in any of their fully flat seat/beds.

Am I reading the luggage weights and measures right that says i can try to cram 23kgs into my hand luggage wheelie bag 'if i can manage to store it up in the locker!'...?

gez
Old Sep 13, 2011, 1:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Thank you all very much for the advice. I dont feel like paying the extra to pre book my seat and am sure I will have a good flight with BA in any of their fully flat seat/beds.
Well, that would be penny wise, pound foolish. That GBP 80 or whatever it is will - if you can get 62/64 A/K - be like a cheap upgrade to a higher class. Every window seat on the UD is like a higher class but those are a cut above that.
Old Sep 13, 2011, 1:20 am

Programs: BA (gold) ... and RAF (or equivalent!) for those places BA (or it's partners) don't fly to ...
Am I reading the luggage weights and measures right that says i can try to cram 23kgs into my hand luggage wheelie bag 'if i can manage to store it up in the locker!'...?
You're absolutely right, though in reality travellers in premium cabins on BA tend neither to be checked, nor penalised, in respect of what their cabin baggage weighs ... as long as you can lift it yourslef and it fits wherever it has to go ... have a great flight!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.