Wiki Posts
Search

CCR - Booking cabanas question

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2011, 2:48 pm
Original Poster

CCR - Booking cabanas question

Hi

Am transiting through T5 soon (flying to HKG in F) and was wondering how long before the flight I am able to book a cabana in the CCR. Can't find any info on this on the BA website.

I am not a UK resident so do I call Quintessentially to book? The website mentions calling them 14 days either side of my journey but it reads as if it's for concierge services, so I'm a bit unsure of how to book a cabana.

If anyone could shed some light on this for me it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Old Sep 12, 2011, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
You First is the service through which you book a cabana (You First contact Quintessentially for you).

Officially, You First is only for UK/US/Canadian residents, but if you send an email asking to reserve a cabana they should be able to deal with your request.
Old Sep 12, 2011, 3:42 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold (GGL/CCR), HHonors Diamond
I did my reservation about 1 month before flying from California and for the return trip 2 weeks later (i.e. 6 weeks in advance).
Old Sep 12, 2011, 5:25 pm
Original Poster

Thanks very much for the responses. Can someone please give me the email address to contact You First?

I live in Australia so am I better off calling the BA contact number out here?

Cheers
Old Sep 12, 2011, 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by rlgshz
Thanks very much for the responses. Can someone please give me the email address to contact You First?

Cheers
My vote would be, if it is not too expensive, to call the UK number for YouFirst during regular mid-day business hours (LHR Time) to make your Cabana booking. Have your PNR (reservation number for your trip) available and tell them what time you would like the Cabana room. They usually will give it to you for a three (3) hours window; subject to availability.

After they confirm your booking, over the telephone, nicely ask them to follow it up with a confirming email.
Old Sep 22, 2011, 7:26 am

Programs: BA Gold

Cheers
I guess you have figured out how to contact You First by now, even not being a UK resident. Hope it worked out well for you.

I'm not from the UK either(Norwegian), and just filled in the contact form on
http://www.britishairways.com/travel...d=youfirstform

Two days later I got an e-mail confirming they have booked me a cabana and pre-booked a treatment for me at the Elemis Travel Spa.
And this was just 2 weeks prior to my travel date, so guess I was lucky.
Never an issue not being a UK citizen as long as I travel BA First class.

The link to You First is not shown at the Norwegian ba.com, so I had to log in on the Uk ba.com site to find it.

I'm on my way next week!
Old Sep 22, 2011, 9:07 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Muccis du Monde des Peluches
pre-booking a spa treatment?

Originally Posted by KirDT
...I got an e-mail confirming they have booked me a cabana and pre-booked a treatment for me at the Elemis Travel Spa.
I did not know this was possible. Is this new, or have I just missed a trick here?

I've got a BA F booking from LHR in about a month. I suppose I should try it.
Old Sep 22, 2011, 9:11 am

Programs: SK*G, BA Silver, Flying Blue, VLM, VT Traveller, PC Platinum, BW Diamond
Well it wasn't last year, I asked if I could pre-book a treatment and they said no.
Old Sep 22, 2011, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by LeisureFirst
I did not know this was possible. Is this new, or have I just missed a trick here?

This is just for a short period of time. It started up in August I think. I first tried to pre-book for my return trip on October 4th, but got this reply from You First;

"We are currently running a trial, whereby we can pre-book Elemis Spa treatments for passengers travelling in First. However, I am afraid that the trial only runs for passengers travelling up to 28-SEP-11. We do not know yet whether the option to pre-book treatments will then be made permanent. I would suggest contacting us again after 27-SEP-11, by which time we hope to have a decision on whether to continue offering passengers the option to pre-book."

I then was able to pre-book a treatment for my trip on Tuesday next week, September 27th. Last day of the trial!

Let's hope they will make it permanent!
Old Sep 22, 2011, 2:42 pm

Programs: Alaskans fly everywhere on any aircraft going there!
I think I've been very lucky but I've managed to get a massage at the Arrivals Elemis every time just by showing up. Hmmmm.^ Next trip I don't want to go out to the Arrivals (I'm transiting) so hope they will extend or make permanent the booking for F pax. Oh, yes, I really, really do!

Question - how long is one allowed to stay in a cabana? I would love to have a massage and then curl up for a nap - it's a long trip! Will YF do a reservation as much as 2 or 3 months in advance?

We have our termination dust here in ANC - that's the termination of summer and it means we have snow on the mountains surrounding the city. Time to get logs laid in!
Old Sep 22, 2011, 2:50 pm

Programs: SK*G, BA Silver, Flying Blue, VLM, VT Traveller, PC Platinum, BW Diamond
Originally Posted by kileysmom
I think I've been very lucky but I've managed to get a massage at the Arrivals Elemis every time just by showing up. Hmmmm.^ Next trip I don't want to go out to the Arrivals (I'm transiting) so hope they will extend or make permanent the booking for F pax. Oh, yes, I really, really do!

Question - how long is one allowed to stay in a cabana? I would love to have a massage and then curl up for a nap - it's a long trip! Will YF do a reservation as much as 2 or 3 months in advance?

We have our termination dust here in ANC - that's the termination of summer and it means we have snow on the mountains surrounding the city. Time to get logs laid in!
I personally don't think the massages are that great, but if on holibobs I can understand why they are used.

I think 3 hours for the Cabana, but you may be able to book longer. Booking is normally 4-6 weeks in advance.
Old Sep 22, 2011, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by LeisureFirst

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...+spa+treatment
Old Sep 22, 2011, 4:53 pm

Programs: QF P1 (OWE) LTG (OWS)

Cheers
I'd avoid calling the 1300 number that is provided in Aus - easy to drop an email to YOU FIRST, get the link from the BA web site.

We're traveling in Dec and would like to do the same so can you give us an update on how you get on?
Old Sep 24, 2011, 1:53 pm

Programs: Alaskans fly everywhere on any aircraft going there!
Thanks, Globalste! I'll calendar a call to YF right now.
Old Sep 24, 2011, 3:33 pm

The spa team are great,really nice at their job.
I'd advise booking that.

I've never seen the attraction of the cabana's to be honest.Flying first for me is all about the full Concorde room experience,the ambience,the people watching,the champagne bar,the plane,the cabin,the seat,the food,the service etc.

Deliberately choosing to be isolated in an oversized bathroom seems bonkers and a waste of an expensive experience to me.
I could do that at home.
To each their own I suppose.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.