FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Tracking New WT+ (World Traveller Plus) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1257160-tracking-new-wt-world-traveller-plus.html)

Bloomsbury Sep 9, 2011 4:51 am

Tracking New WT+ (World Traveller Plus)

Not quite as glamorous as NF, but I'm wondering whether any frequent flyers have info on which routes in the fleet or planes have the new WT+.

Having recently experienced it for the first time on BA182 from JFK-LHR, I think I’ll find it quite hard to go back to old WT+. BA probably don't want to hear this… but for day flights, I’d now be pretty happy to fly new WT+ unless I receive any upgrade offer I can’t refuse.

Tobias-UK Sep 9, 2011 5:01 am

The new WT+ is offered on all the 777-300ERs although I know they are to retro-fit 'some' of the other 777s.

From the flights I've been on recently only the LHR JFK 179 has been on the new 777-300ER. I've been on a few of the earlier JFK flights and they were all on 747s (not sure if NWT+ was on). There was no NWT+ on the LAX or DEN routes either that I've flown in the last couple of months.

DumbLemon Sep 9, 2011 8:50 am

Can confirm to ORD it's new WT+ :)

midlevels Sep 9, 2011 9:05 am

BA27/28 between HKG-LHR will soon switch from 747 to 777 with new WT+

BA6501 Sep 9, 2011 9:08 am

Whatever is operated by 77W has guaranteed new WT/WT+/F.

The 77W are the only aircraft to have new WT/WT+ for now.

ale.penazzi Sep 9, 2011 10:09 am

I totally agree, I flew yesterday night on BA182 in WT+ and I thought the same.. The seats if you don't want/need to sleep for the whole flight are good enough to take a nap and they are really comfortable for working/reading/watching movies! The new IFE is really great too!

I fly quite often on the JFK-LHR-JFK route and I would definitely keep traveling on WT+ and maybe MFU on the night flight if I need to sleep..

We need to say though that the meals on WT+ (as in WT) are ridiculous.. This morning the "breakfast" was a single muffin. I don't want scrambled eggs in WT but at least a cookie or a yogurt would be a nice touch..
Well.. It's a short flight and I usually eat at the airports or at home rather than on board, but I'd love to see some improvements in the WT catering..

tinytraveller Sep 9, 2011 10:30 am

Anyone any idea whether BA67 to PHL has new WT+? I'm taking that flight in 2 weeks and new WT+ may sway my decision whether to upgrade through MMB (if offered) from my lowly Y ticket (grrr for annoying work rules on booking fares!).

Genius1 Sep 9, 2011 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by DumbLemon (Post 17081213)
Can confirm to ORD it's new WT+ :)

Only on 77W-operated flights.

The new WTP/WT products are only fitted to 77W aircraft currently, with the GMIS 772s to be refitted next year.

CT-UK Sep 9, 2011 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by tinytraveller (Post 17081729)
Anyone any idea whether BA67 to PHL has new WT+? I'm taking that flight in 2 weeks and new WT+ may sway my decision whether to upgrade through MMB (if offered) from my lowly Y ticket (grrr for annoying work rules on booking fares!).

You have about a 0.01% chance.

PHL which is my normal route doesn't get the 777-300 so tough luck on the new WT+

tinytraveller Sep 10, 2011 1:13 am

Originally Posted by CT-UK (Post 17083406)

PHL which is my normal route doesn't get the 777-300 so tough luck on the new WT+

Oh well, not to worry. Thanks. :)

wonderfultravels Sep 10, 2011 3:28 am

Hi friends,

Any idea if any of these sectors (to be flown in SEP/OCT 2011) are the new WT+?

BOM - LHR BA 138
LHR - IAH BA 195
IAH - LHR BA 194
LHR - BOM BA 199

Thanks,
wonderfultravels

Genius1 Sep 10, 2011 10:52 am

Originally Posted by wonderfultravels (Post 17085341)
Any idea if any of these sectors (to be flown in SEP/OCT 2011) are the new WT+?

BOM - LHR BA 138
LHR - IAH BA 195
IAH - LHR BA 194
LHR - BOM BA 199

The 77W is not scheduled to operate any of these flights, so no new WTP.

pinkcat Sep 11, 2011 1:58 am

Originally Posted by CT-UK (Post 17083406)

in fact 0.01% chance of any improvements working their way to the PHL route, it seems to be last for anything and first to get random flights cancelled for random reasons:eek:
If PHL wasnt so convenient I would use EWR

CT-UK Sep 11, 2011 2:13 am

Originally Posted by pinkcat (Post 17089450)
in fact 0.01% chance of any improvements working their way to the PHL route, it seems to be last for anything and first to get random flights cancelled for random reasons:eek:
If PHL wasnt so convenient I would use EWR

With my office in Horsham I often do! Yes PHL is closer but EWR isn't a bad run at all and the daylight flight can be a godsend for me at times.

imagineertobe Sep 16, 2011 4:07 am

I'll be flying BWI-LHR on BA in a few weeks and wanted to know what's available on that plane. It's listed as a 767. Is it correct that all BA 767s to the US have WT+, and that none of them have the new version yet? TIA