Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tracking New WT+ (World Traveller Plus)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2014, 1:55 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Carlson Gold, British Airways Executive Club
World traveller plus. Plastic cutlery and poor food

I travelled WT+ last week from LAS to LGW. Plastic cutlery/plastic plates etc and food that was definitely not from the club world section. Complained to the cabin staff who apologised saying that they had been let down by the catering department. Email sent to BA today. If BA advertise a premier product on their website they must deliver.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 3:59 pm

Programs: BA - Silver,Hilton-Diamond, IHG - PlatAmb, GHA - Plat
Hi Guys, any idea of whether BA174 JFK-LHR will be new or old WT+

Ta,
Andy
Old Aug 27, 2014, 12:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by atmorris
Hi Guys, any idea of whether BA174 JFK-LHR will be new or old WT+
If it's operated by a 777, it's likely (but not guaranteed) to have new WTP, if it's a 747 it will be old WTP.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 1:56 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Does anyone know if/when LGW's 3 class 777s are getting upgraded?
Old Aug 29, 2014, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
No plans to do this have been revealed.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by Can I help you
No plans to do this have been revealed.
Thanks. Having never flown WT+ I'm not sure if I should be happy or disappointed.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 3:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by HighlandExpress
Thanks. Having never flown WT+ I'm not sure if I should be happy or disappointed.
Soft product is the same, as is leg room, seat width and seat recline. Some report that the new seats are more comfortable, and the new seats will also have the latest Thales AVOD system.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 2:45 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
i was looking forward to flying new WT+ on a 777-300ER on a recent MIA-LHR leg. A day or two before the flight, the seat map changed and timetables updated to show a swap back to a 747-400. Not the end of the world, but definitely not new WT+. I was also able to secure 28A (exit row) when I checked in with an AA Agent in my originating city 3 hours before the MIA departure.

I hit the gate about 35 minutes before departure and proceeded to the priority boarding lane. The scanner gave a big red light/BEEEP. Agent told me to go see the counter. Turns out that equipment swap caused all sorts of seating snafus so they handed me a CW boarding pass. Not bad for my first flight on BA in about 20 years. I'm guessing my OW Ruby(by way of US) helped a little, and there weren't likely many higher OW tiers ahead of me. I was also traveling solo.

I tried to upgrade my return flight LHR-JFK on a 777 from standard WT to WT+. On the phone they said to do it at the airport. At MMB, it was not available. At the gate in LHR, they said they can't do it there and I would have had to do it back at the connections desk(?!) after I arrived from my initial flight. By then the flight was fully oversold, and they already bumped people up. But my lucky number did not come up for the op-upgrade this time.

Overall, still, the BA experience was decent save for the overly warm cabin on the LHR-JFK flight.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by Genius1
Soft product is the same, as is leg room, seat width and seat recline. Some report that the new seats are more comfortable, and the new seats will also have the latest Thales AVOD system.
I do enjoy the Thales system but I'm sure I'll cope with going back to the smaller screen.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 8:58 am

Programs: BA GGL
777 with 32W

Hi, currently MMB shows 32 WTP seats for my 777 LHR flight to DXB in January. If I am interpreting the "BA source" website correctly then it appears that it's only the G-Yxxx aircraft that have 32 WTP seats and that all of these therefore have OLD (like, really old) WTP seats.

Am I right?

If so, a bit of a disappointment. I suppose that 3 months out they don't really know what plane they'll be using, but still.

I sat in old WTP on CIVX over to JFK in May. It wasn't so bad, but I'd have like to have experienced the difference.

PS on the way back I'm on a 30W 744, which also looks like OLD seating. Bummer.

Last edited by snuffi; Oct 8, 2014 at 9:07 am
Old Oct 8, 2014, 9:23 am

Looks like I'll have the option to either book on the 747 from YVR or the 787 from YYC. Is the WTP product $330 better on the 787 that it's worth flying out of YYC? Only other difference is the flight is 45 min shorter (that I may want to try and sleep that extra 45 min). Sorry if this isn't the right place for this. I tried searching, but 787 isn't a valid search term on FT.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by sinecure
I tried searching, but 787 isn't a valid search term on FT.
Put quotation marks around "787".
Old Oct 8, 2014, 9:57 am

Thanks Globaliser, there's my one new thing I've learned today.
Old Dec 7, 2014, 4:09 am

Lgw-uvf ba2159

Does anyone know if the BA2159 to St Lucia has the new WTP? Really hope it does 😃
Old Dec 7, 2014, 4:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Sorry to inform you that it won't have.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.