Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Avios= BA MILES WORTHLESS for West Coast people

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avios= BA MILES WORTHLESS for West Coast people

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2011, 10:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jimmie76
I'm going to ask again just out of curiosity, who forced you to transfer your Mileage Reward points, and what did they use to do it?
I used my MR currency and trasferred to BA based on their old award charts. Now they pull that chart out from under 2 months later. That is inexcusable. Give me the option to return my points to MR. It's only reasonable.

What part of that is not clear?

Last edited by Swanhunter; Sep 2, 2011 at 3:40 am
Old Sep 1, 2011, 10:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jimmie76
Ah okay, were they making most redemption's cheaper like here or making most redemption's more expensive?
Are you saying BA is making most redemptions cheaper?

From the published table from LHR, they can hardly be mostly cheaper?

Last edited by Swanhunter; Sep 2, 2011 at 3:41 am
Old Sep 1, 2011, 10:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rgalbr10
Perhaps best to wait until all the relevant information is in the public domain before you have a coronary.

Obviously British Airways is London-centric it's British Airways!

If your not happy with the changes, pick another reward programme. There's nothing worse than someone moaning about getting something for next to nothing.
Getting something for nothing? I trasferred over 300K of my MR points based on the old chart 2 months ago.

They obviously know about this change at the same time they were offering the Bonus.?

At the very least, I should be given ooption to have my MR points back.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 10:39 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I have a feeling, given the incredibly negative reaction from a lot of people in the US, that the BAEC will issue some statement on this to reasure members - or at least to clarify the position fairly quickly. Such unrest is not healthy for anyone.

Last edited by Swanhunter; Sep 2, 2011 at 3:41 am
Old Sep 1, 2011, 10:43 pm

Programs: BA Blue
The unintentional comedy in this thread is hilarious. I can just imagine the slow realisation that he'd blown 300k MR points in the wrong place (driven by greed, for the 50% bonus, so he's feeling a bit annoyed about that too), which then turns to disbelief, and now a fit of rage. All of it his own doing - the transfer, the assumed redemption rates that are actually unpublished, the rage, the whole lot. Must be a spoof, too good to be true!
Old Sep 1, 2011, 10:44 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Why would someone want his points back? I bought some dollars last year and the exchange rate was better then now, I want my euros back... Really?

We're still waiting for a real explanation about all the changing that are going to happen and we can't do anything but complain? Why don't we try a find to make the best out of what we have?

Miles and award flights are a bonus, something that we should thank an airline to do, why are we getting upset if it change? It's a bonus, if you want to fly somewhere you should buy a ticket, if you fly a lot the airline is helping you by making you save some money on your next trip. Should you dictate their rules?

I don't get it..
Old Sep 1, 2011, 10:46 pm

Programs: BA bronze card, NHS Blood Donor silver card
Originally Posted by Happy
Are you saying BA is making most redemptions cheaper?

From the published table from LHR, they can hardly be mostly cheaper?
As it says here,
A large number of routes will need less Avios than the BA Miles you currently need. But a small number of routes will need more Avios.
So maybe not "mostly cheaper", but certainly not "mostly more expensive."
Old Sep 1, 2011, 10:51 pm
Community Director Emerita

Discuss the subject, not the person. There's some completely inappropriately slanging at each other.

I'll close this for the BA mods to review tomorrow.

SanDiego1K
Community Director

After some vigorous pruning, we'll leave this thread closed and encourage continued, civil debate here

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ub-coming.html

Swanhunter
Moderator, BAEC

Last edited by Swanhunter; Sep 2, 2011 at 3:43 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.