Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

ANNOUNCEMENT - A new revitalised Executive Club is coming

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ANNOUNCEMENT - A new revitalised Executive Club is coming

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2011, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
What about partner awards? Are they remaining the same or costing more?
Old Sep 1, 2011, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by bernardd
If I read this correctly the reduction in LHR-NYC redemption rates comes about because IAG is moving to more distance related rates. My guess is the US will now be in at least two bands, and BOS will almost certainly be reduced to the NYC rates, but I'm wondering where the boundary of the band(s) falls? Will the West Coast rates increase? How about Florida, Texas, Arizona, etc.?
Hi,

Good point!^

I will wait and see the full details but some of the proposed reductions are interesting ( LON-PRG in Club down from 30,000 to 18,000) and linking the points earned on BA and IB will be beneficial

Regards

TBS
Old Sep 1, 2011, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by NickB
I think we already know not all tatl routes will be affected: there will be different zones for East and West Coast and the West coast will not be lower than now. What we do not yet know is where the line between the zones will be drawn exactly.
Not exactly, but we have a pretty good start. On the various example pages on the website, we know for sure that NYC, ORD, BOS, YYZ, Bermuda are 40,000 and we know that MCO, LAX are 50,000. My guess is that the 40,000 destinations will be North East Atlantic (YYZ and YUL in Canada, BOS, JFK, EWR, PHL, IAD, ORD, and BWI). Those using miles/avios to MFU itineraries involving an AA connection in the US will also presumably be affected by the 'sector by sector' pricing of MFUs/UUAs, so if you want to upgrade WT+ to CW LHR-ORD-SLC you'll presumably only be upgraded on the LHR-ORD but will fly in economy ORD-SLC. Worth bearing in mind when considering various connecting itineraries in North America.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 11:48 am

I have read the first 6 pages...
No news on partner flights required miles change?
Especially miles for single partner US to South America, US to middle east
Old Sep 1, 2011, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Originally Posted by johan rebel
Avios Points?

How many £££££ has BA paid their branding consultant to dream that one up?

Johan
It is probably politics more than anything else. Britain got to supply the chairman and in turn the chairman of IB was allowed to have his 5 year old daughter pick the name.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 11:50 am

'Head of brand at The Mileage Company Rahul Patel says that the Avios name has been tested and researched across several markets and while it is a created name, it does have resonance in connection with aviation.'
For me Avios brings associations of something cheap you would pick up in a Spanish supermarket. Or like you need to take a bath after you've been touching it. There's nothing British, sophisticated, travelling, exciting, valuable or worldly about that name.

It will be interesting to see how BA's Marketing will manage to brand this name with all that is associated with British Airways. They have a huge task ahead of them..
Old Sep 1, 2011, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
but will it really cost 20k to upgrade the feeder flight?
You are paying for a WTP ticket even if that class doesn't exist shorthaul.
Something which has to be clarified.

I can imagine someone flying from zone 3 might want to upgrade the feeder flight, but if it's going to cost that much they're the real loosers.
Well, you can't upgrade from a class that does not exist (except on LCY-JFK ), can you? There is no WTP intra-Europe and the cost of upgrading from Y to CE is x1. I must say it has always struck me as strange that the cost of a CE upgrade should be that much. This has always been plainly overpriced and surely x0.5 would be more appropriate. Heck, given that the upgrade is only from Y, B, H, the cost of upgrading for cash would normally be much better value than using miles.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 11:53 am

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
but will it really cost 20k to upgrade the feeder flight?
You are paying for a WTP ticket even if that class doesn't exist shorthaul.
Something which has to be clarified.

I can imagine someone flying from zone 3 might want to upgrade the feeder flight, but if it's going to cost that much they're the real loosers.

Besides, if 20k is correct MFU ATH-LHR would cost the same as LHR-JFK
It will, unless BA announces discounted multi-leg MFUs or something like that (as in upgrading NCE-LHR costs 9000 but upgrading NCE-LHR as part of NCE-LHR-JFK costs half that or whatever). And yes, ATH-LHR ET to CE costs as much as LHR-JFK WT+ to CW because WT to WT+ and WT+ to CW are fortunately priced as 'half upgrades'.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by orbitmic
It will, unless BA announces discounted multi-leg MFUs or something like that (as in upgrading NCE-LHR costs 9000 but upgrading NCE-LHR as part of NCE-LHR-JFK costs half that or whatever). And yes, ATH-LHR ET to CE costs as much as LHR-JFK WT+ to CW because WT to WT+ and WT+ to CW are fortunately priced as 'half upgrades'.
who knows, we have just been told

This really is only the start of the journey and we will be communicating with you over the coming months about even more changes
Old Sep 1, 2011, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by NickB
Well, you can't upgrade from a class that does not exist (except on LCY-JFK ), can you? There is no WTP intra-Europe and the cost of upgrading from Y to CE is x1. I must say it has always struck me as strange that the cost of a CE upgrade should be that much. This has always been plainly overpriced and surely x0.5 would be more appropriate. Heck, given that the upgrade is only from Y, B, H, the cost of upgrading for cash would normally be much better value than using miles.
I will be very interested to see how that pricing pans out. However, that will be waaaay into 2012 in my case. Others who are not booked forward will undoubtedly advise us.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 12:05 pm
Company Representative - British Airways
Original Poster

Hi all

I knew the trickier questions would come from our most learned group of members

Sorry if it wasn't clear in my earlier post, partner rewards will be priced the same as BA. So - a single pricing table for itineraries which are:BA onlyBA +1 partner or partner only

For multi-partner itineraries these will be priced using the current oneworld multi carrier redemption. The pricing will be based largely on a distance banded model for all reward sectors. We are not purposfully witholding anything or trying to hide anything - I will be as informative as I can and try to keep up with your questions. Please do feel free to prompt me if you feel I am missing something important that needs a detailed or urgent answer.

Nicci
Old Sep 1, 2011, 12:09 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
Like others I am not thrilled with the name Avios but the biggest problem that I have with the name is calling what used to be BA Miles, Avios Points, when we already have Tier Points. Wouldn't it have been better to call them Avios Miles, or if they must, just Avios? Unless, of course, come November, something will happen to Tier Points........
Old Sep 1, 2011, 12:12 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue, Priority Club Plat Amb
If the USA rewards are being split dependent upon distance, will you be able to have open jaw bookings between 2 different reward distances.

ie LHR-JFK = 40K in J
LAX-LHR = 50k in J

So could I book LHR-JFK, then LAX-LHR for 90K.
I appreciate you could split this into 2 singles, but I'm more interested in using my Amex Companion voucher.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 12:13 pm

Programs: No longer bothered chasing FF status.
Originally Posted by Rambuster
I still don't trust these changes. It would be the first time in history that I actually benefit from changes to an FFP.
I have a bad feeling about what's to come in November?
Maybe I'm just paranoid though?
Originally Posted by abcx

....<snip>.....Why do I get the feeling that you will screw us?

.....<snip>......Excuse my cynicism, but I think all of you who are cheerleading right now will come to regret it. Think about it. Why aren't they telling us the whole award chart right now? Why did they just release the good news?
I have to agree, I realy get the feeling that we are being buttered up here with some good news, to try to ease the impact of the bad news coming down the pipe

The whole "more recognition when you fly with us" bit of the spin, to me smacks of something more sinister for some, than good. My immediate thought was that we could see a two tiered redemption/MFU charge. Meaning that a redemption or MFU will cost more miles for Blues & Bronzes, compared to that for Silvers & Golds. Good for some, but bad for more !

I also think that with the reduced cost of Redemption/MFU's to some destinations, such as NYC, we are going to see reduced mileage earning on these routes too. There's no way that it's going to be all give without a fair percentage of take too !!

It's just all too rosy for my liking at the moment & I reckon the "enhancements" have yet to come
Old Sep 1, 2011, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by BA Executive Club
I will be as informative as I can and try to keep up with your questions.
For the record, this is ABSOLUTELY not doubted - you truly always are ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.