Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

A different BA PNR! Do they use another gds?

Old Aug 28, 11, 10:30 am
Original Poster

For all my ba flights that i've checked my e-ticket receipt for via Amadeus japan https://web.1a-xml.jp/eITR/WebEITR/WebEntry.aspx it turns out that there are 2 PNRs. The normal ba confirmation ref is shown as being the 1A amadeus PNR while another PNR usually beginning with the letter "R" and has, like the 1A one, 6 characters is shown as my BA ref, although I can't access it via mmb. I believe I have also seen this type of ref printed on my baggage tags, and I always wondered what it was for. Does anyone know? Try checking your e-tickets via that link and see it for yourself. It could be for another GDS.
Old Aug 28, 11, 11:07 am

Programs: BA BLUE, HH, AC/UA
BA's check in system will only read "BABS" PNR's, (part of BABS was the reservations end of the spectrum.) So, what happens is Amadeus will make the PNR and then another "booking" or Copy PNR is made in BABS so that the info can appear in the check in systems. I can't remember the timeframes but IIRC before this copy PNR is made, you'd see NOSYNC as a BA PNR address instead of the "RAB123" style reference.