Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Photographs of the refurbished JFK Terraces + First Lounge

Old Aug 21, 2011, 2:49 am
Original Poster

This could be useful to those trying out JFK for the first time. In case you did not know, JFK T7 is often regarded as the best BA station in the network.

Not been in the JFK CCR since it was refurbished so no photos from there yet unfortunately. Enjoy...

Premium Check-in with CW on your right:

F/Emerald Check-in:

Separate Fast Track channel. It's perfect.

The CCR is directly to your left after security, however Terraces and First lounge require a 2 minute walk:

The refurbished work area seen directly to your right after reception:

10 feet further, looking left towards the main lounge area:

Main bar:

From other side. There is an FT member in this photo...

Opposite end:

Same area looking towards Pre-flight supper entrance:

The TV Lounge with large comfortable armchairs ^

Spa reception:

Shower:

View from Spa reception towards work area and lounge reception:

Now, about that Gold card...

Good job.

All photos copyright. Feel free to use but ask first please.
Old Aug 21, 2011, 3:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Very nice pics ^ Title change needed to 'JFK Galleries Club and First' lounges?

There are photos of the refurbished CCR at JFK here; http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...orde-room.html
Old Aug 21, 2011, 3:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Great pics thanks.
Old Aug 21, 2011, 3:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Genius1
Very nice pics ^ Title change needed to 'JFK Galleries Club and First' lounges?
Please tell them to change the signs at JFK also
Old Aug 21, 2011, 4:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
I am not sure if the lounges at JFK are designated "Galleries" as they only received a refurbishment and not a complete refit.
The premium check in area is undergoing changes at the moment and will become a more relaxed area with more sofas.

Dear Customer,
We’re working to improve the check-in area for Club World and First customers at New York JFK Terminal 7.
The concourse will be modernised as part of a refurbishment programme that includes the already redesigned lounges.
Construction is planned to start 17 June and finish by late August/beginning of September 2011. So if you’re flying out of Terminal 7 during this period you may experience some disruption.
We’re very sorry if you’re affected by this. We’re doing everything we can to minimise the impact on your journey, but from time to time we will need to close off some areas of the concourse while work takes place.
When the refurbishment is complete, the new look concourse will provide a calmer sense of space that’s reminiscent of a hotel lobby, with new lighting that complements the lounge feel and on-board experience. New seating in the check-in area will provide more comfort and space for you to prepare prior to checking in and going through security.
We look forward to welcoming you to our new premium check-in area at New York JFK Terminal 7 very soon.
Warm regards,
British Airways
Old Aug 21, 2011, 4:05 am
Original Poster

There is no confusion, it is just Genius1 being a smart-one. It is called Terraces and First lounge. Both lounges are shared by all other OneWorld partners using T7 hence the names will likely stick to avoid confusion.
Old Aug 21, 2011, 4:44 am

Programs: MUCCI - Order of the Diamond Hairbrush and Champion of Queens,BA Broon,HH Diamond,PC Plat,BA Amex
Thanks Petrus --- I am taking my family to NYC for the first time later this year in CW, so these pictures are indeed very helpful ! ^
Old Aug 21, 2011, 5:12 am

Programs: BA Gold
Cheers Petrus for the update though It doesn't look *all* that different to when I was there last a year ago now
The boardroom table perhaps is new.
Are there still pc's in the far left corner of the Flounge? or is that pic of the work area now a joint work area for club and F?

Also have they addressed the internet speed issue there at all? and the regularly not working printers? internet was woefull on my last trip,it would have been quicker almost if pages were sent via carrier pigeon...
Old Aug 21, 2011, 5:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Great photos, I like the seats at the F desks and the fact that like BOS there is a satellite/cable receiver for the TV.
Old Aug 21, 2011, 5:23 am

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Great photos Petrus! JFK Terraces used to be my home from home in 2008/2009. Bought back some memories.
Old Aug 21, 2011, 6:00 am

Are the CW check in desks those on the right of the first pic or are they the ones further right?
Old Aug 21, 2011, 6:07 am

Programs: BA, Hilton Honors
Great photos - thanks for sharing them; the lounges are looking good.
Old Aug 21, 2011, 6:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ardboe
Are the CW check in desks those on the right of the first pic or are they the ones further right?
They are all CW desks, the First check in area is further ahead and cannot be seen in this picture.
Old Aug 21, 2011, 6:23 am

Originally Posted by Can I help you
They are all CW desks, the First check in area is further ahead and cannot be seen in this picture.
I always had a feeling they were round the corner for CW and that the desks in that picture were all for first.
Old Aug 21, 2011, 6:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you look at the signage it confirms what I posted.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.