Wiki Posts
Search

To be Silver or not to be?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2011, 2:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AY Platinum (OWE), SK G(*G), BW Diamond
To be Silver or not to be?

Okay, I got Silver last summer and was unfortunately flying too little during the autumn thus only gained some 300+ points before the end of the membership year (which ended 8th of August). However, now when I log on to Exec.Club, the site is still "gray...okay, silverish" and I'm stated as a Silver member and in the right hand box it says "to retain silver you need". However, for the card expiry date, it still says the expiry date of my old card.

So, is the system just lagging behind (there is a clear -3xx points as balance for new membership year in my tier point balance) and as long as my old card is still valid (end of Sept) I am still seen as Silver member. Or, have they, for some reason redeemed my membership yet I did not have enough tier points(well, I had some trouble with BA during the year so they might have wanted to compensate it, though not mentioning it to me).
I guess I'll finally know when the new card arrives, but I'd expected my status to drop instantly after I failed to reach the necessary tier points before the end of the membership year.

We'll, couple flights to go before Sept, so have to enjoy Silver benefits for those in case this is just a "normal" glitch.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 3:07 pm

Programs: BA Gold
This is standard practise - you still have Silver benefits for a month after the end of your membership year.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 3:09 pm

Programs: BA gold
I dropped to Blue earlier in the summer - I relate to what you are describing - your card expiry is one month after your membership year and you will see silver on your account until the end of the card expiry and then it reverts to blue.

Blue isn't that bad, especially if you do not fly that much anyway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.