FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Into LHR, out of LCY - baggage? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1248997-into-lhr-out-lcy-baggage.html)

onetess Aug 18, 2011 7:04 am

Into LHR, out of LCY - baggage?

We are flying from CDG to LHR and then out of LCY on a connected itinerary. I'm assuming we collect our baggage at LHR and transport it to LCY ourselves? (Sorry if this is a dumb question...I've never had a situation where one flies into one airport and out of another in a connection situation.) Thanks!

BA6501 Aug 18, 2011 7:13 am

Yep, your job to carry them across London :)

onetess Aug 18, 2011 7:30 am

Thanks. How fun for us!

OPebble Aug 18, 2011 7:40 am

and it is entirely your responsibility to get from LHR > LCY in a timely manner! ;)

PS why didn't you decide to fly directly from CDG > LCY?

onetess Aug 18, 2011 10:14 am

Originally Posted by OPebble (Post 16946147)
and it is entirely your responsibility to get from LHR > LCY in a timely manner! ;)

PS why didn't you decide to fly directly from CDG > LCY?

I don't think that can be done on BA or partners, correct? It's an award flight.

globalste Aug 18, 2011 10:19 am

Cityjet fly the route to LCY from ORY 4x daily.

Another option would have been Eurostar I guess.

You are best taking the Picadilly Tube line from T5, change at Green Park and pick up the Jubilee line, then pick up the DLR at Canning Town. It will be cheapest and avoid the most walking/baggage movement.

T8191 Aug 18, 2011 10:45 am

My sympathy to the OP for the prospect.
I'm hoping you don't have too much luggage!

onetess Aug 18, 2011 12:08 pm

I'm thinking about a number of options:

1. Scrapping the flight from Paris to London and taking Eurostar ($140 cancellation fee...ouch)

2. Taking the Paris to London leg the day before and spending one last night in London, maybe near the Tower so I'm not too far from LCY, and doing some kind of activity that night/morning. (No change fee when done on-line, and there is plenty of availability). (Open to suggestions on area in which to stay where there is something to actually do...so not the Docklands.)

3. Waiting to see if AA ever loads any pairs of J award seats on their CDG-JFK route. (Unlikely to get two seats...very stingy route for awards.)

stifle Aug 18, 2011 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by globalste (Post 16947148)
You are best taking the Picadilly Tube line from T5, change at Green Park and pick up the Jubilee line, then pick up the DLR at Canning Town. It will be cheapest and avoid the most walking/baggage movement.

Not at the moment you're not, because the lifts are being refurbished at Green Park so you have lots of stairs and lots of long corridors. I would tentatively suggest Piccadilly line to Barons Court, change (cross platform) to District Line as far as Tower Hill, then DLR from Tower Gateway. For no steps at all, stay on the District Line to West Ham, then one stop south on the Jubilee to Canning Town, and pick up the DLR.