Wiki Posts
Search

Exec account password or pin oddity

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2011, 7:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Exec account password or pin oddity

My household account members (I'm the head) all have short (4 digit) pin numbers as their login password, but I just joined my 3 month old daughter and on enrolling see that a short pin is not an option any longer - It's got to be a mix of characters and numbers 6 or more. It's no big deal but when was this security update effective and why am I not obliged to alter to the higher level of password security for myself and the other members?

Last edited by philco; Aug 15, 2011 at 7:58 pm Reason: misspelt heading
Old Aug 16, 2011, 2:08 am

Location: 15 minutes west of LHR, Stockholm, or somewhere inbetween.
Programs: BAEC Gold GGL, CCR, GfL, Mucci des Recherches des Consommations Exotiques.
I found this out quite recently, as my wife wanted to change her PIN.

BA have recently increased the minimum password length and the 4 digit PIN is no longer issued.

You can still use your 4 digit PIN (at least for now), but any new or changed PIN/password needs to be according to the new rules.

bjorns
Old Aug 16, 2011, 2:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They appear to be updating the security system.

(maybe because of an update to the exec club) Joke!
Old Aug 16, 2011, 2:24 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH FTL, KL/AF Ivory
The 4-digit pin has been "enhanced"
Old Aug 16, 2011, 2:26 am

Programs: Lord OPebble - Mucci of the Hour. Diamond Class MUCCI.Chevalier du Circle Intime de Pucci
Originally Posted by catandmouse
The 4-digit pin has been "enhanced"
Ah so it is going to be 2 digits?
Old Aug 16, 2011, 2:42 am

Programs: BA CCR/GGL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by OPebble
Ah so it is going to be 2 digits?
Based on feedback we have received from Executive Club members, we have taken the decision to withdraw easy to remember 4 character PINS, even though banks seem to think they are secure enough to access your money. From 1 April 2011 your password must be 16 characters, a mix of capital letters, numbers, and each of the following must appear at least once: @ # € $.

The password must be changed every 28 days, and can't be one you have used in the last 10 years. If you forget it you can't access your account until the new membership year.

(Joke)
Old Aug 16, 2011, 3:56 am

Programs: BA Silver; VS Gold; HHonors Diamond; Amex Centurion; IHG Platinum; Club Accor Platinum; TfL Oyster.
Originally Posted by LondonAndy
Based on feedback we have received from Executive Club members, we have taken the decision to withdraw easy to remember 4 character PINS, even though banks seem to think they are secure enough to access your money. From 1 April 2011 your password must be 16 characters, a mix of capital letters, numbers, and each of the following must appear at least once: @ # € $.

The password must be changed every 28 days, and can't be one you have used in the last 10 years. If you forget it you can't access your account until the new membership year.

(Joke)
Priceless!
Old Aug 16, 2011, 5:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

[I]Based on feedback we have received from Executive Club members,

Every change which makes something worse is based on feed back. I dont know who they as apart from the CFO. But who are these morons that like things to be made worse.

I wasnt talking about a specific situation just every company in life.
Old Aug 16, 2011, 5:57 pm

Programs: BA CCR/GGL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by origin:16933791
[I]Based on feedback we have received from Executive Club members,

Every change which makes something worse is based on feed back. I dont know who they as apart from the CFO. But who are these morons that like things to be made worse.

I wasnt talking about a specific situation just every company in life.
I did take that directly from the open doors enhancement email!
Old Aug 17, 2011, 9:08 am

Programs: BA S, LH S
Aptly from xkcd.com a few days ago... I don't understand the obsession with having to have a mix of CAPS/lowercase/numbers...

Old Aug 17, 2011, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I did take that directly from the open doors enhancement email!
Yes typical another thing companies like to do.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.