Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

British Airways : Rude staff and refused to change "Mrs" to "Mr"

Old Aug 15, 11, 8:39 pm
Original Poster

Hello,

I made an online reservation for my trip to India. This is not the first time I would be traveling from British Airways.

I don't know how, my ticket shows Mrs instead of Mr. I have tried to call US customer care about 10 times in these 3 days. I was kept on hold, staff was rude and non- Helping. Someone even smashed the banged the phone down, this was intolerable.

If possible please let me know is there any ways to get the prefix changed from Mrs to Mr? or I have to cancel and make a new booking? I am sorry but haven't seen such a bad customer service. If yes, is there a charge for this minor change?
Old Aug 15, 11, 8:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
I don't think they have phones to slam, but best simply leave this alone. All you care about is that you have a BP which scans properly. Prefixes mean zilch.
Old Aug 15, 11, 9:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC/IB
Originally Posted by Often1 View Post
I don't think they have phones to slam, but best simply leave this alone. All you care about is that you have a BP which scans properly. Prefixes mean zilch.
Yes I wouldn't worry too much about it especially if you have a right butch first name like Boris.
Old Aug 15, 11, 9:34 pm

Why not travel in drag? If any staff say anything you can sue BA for being anti-transgender.
Old Aug 15, 11, 9:41 pm

Programs: my wings are gold
Welcome to Flyertalk
Old Aug 15, 11, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: 1K (until 2021), *G for "life", Global Entry, Hertz PC, Cadbury's Rum and Raisin Emeritus
I think that it will be cheaper and quicker to undergo a sex change. A bit of a nip and a tuck, flaps down, and Robert is your father's brother.
Old Aug 16, 11, 2:25 am

Use THIS. They'll never know...

Palmer
Old Aug 16, 11, 2:38 am

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8520/4.6.1.272 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/120)

The issue will be with US TSA who do a manual BP check
Old Aug 16, 11, 2:43 am

Programs: BA Gold, BMI Blue, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Palmer View Post
Use THIS. They'll never know...

Palmer

To the original poster (welcome to Flyertalk) I wouldn't worry too much - if all the other details match I can't see them stopping you flying. If the name was different too then they may not let you fly
Old Aug 16, 11, 2:43 am

Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Aérienne du Réseau Courte Durée de British Airways
I have had a passenger recently that was called Mr. on the Passenger information list and boarding card and she was definitely a Mrs. She had come from the USA also.
So as long as all the names are right, I don't think it will matter.
Of course if you were trying to swop the ticket with someone with a different name, that would be another matter because some tickets are non transferable.
Old Aug 16, 11, 2:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Some have mentioned sex change. I would just dress according to the ticket. If ticket = femail and you are a male wear womens clothes.

We are very open minded on here, we dont mind.

Have a nice day.
Old Aug 16, 11, 3:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Why is it that CS staff who don't give the "right" answer are immediately branded as "rude"?
Old Aug 16, 11, 4:20 am

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by Smirnoff View Post
Why is it that CS staff who don't give the "right" answer are immediately branded as "rude"?
Maybe they were rude. You weren't there. You don't know.
Old Aug 16, 11, 5:09 am

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
Originally Posted by Smirnoff View Post
From personal experience, quite a few of the staff at the US call center are rude. Others are absolutely wonderful.

As well as some of them being very rude, there are huge differences in what various agents will tell you. It's a total crapshoot. Just yesterday I called 3 times and got 3 completely different answers. The 3rd agent was wonderful and knew exactly what he was doing. The first two?
Old Aug 16, 11, 5:36 am

Programs: BA silver
Originally Posted by HIDDY View Post
Yes I wouldn't worry too much about it especially if you have a right butch first name like Boris.
I know of a Boris who is female And an Ann who is male.

Edit: That said, I would not worry about MR/MRS confusion, I've been given incorrect titles before (and even names in the wrong order/mispellings) and BA did not blink.

Last edited by Stez; Aug 16, 11 at 5:47 am

Search this Thread