any discount code or promo for CE flights?

Old Aug 15, 11, 6:11 pm
Moderator: Le Club Accorhotels
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
any discount code or promo for CE flights?

Before booking a Club Europa flight, I just wanted to check whether

1) thereīs any discount code available for EU-LHR in CE? (Thereīs always a discount code available somewhere for LH, so I just wanted to make sure)

2) thereīs any current promo which would yield any additional miles? (for most of 2010 there was a promo for 8k additional miles for a return flight in CE, but I canīt seem to find any combarable promo)

Thanks a lot in advance!
Old Aug 16, 11, 12:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, EK, IHG, SPG
There are some outstandingly low fares ex Germany, c Euro 270 return, but must be booked a month in advance and only certain flights are included.

Tiny bit of cashback via quidco.com

Sometimes booking a flight plus hotel, just 1 night, package is cheaper than flight only.

Booking Economy and seeing what price ba.com offers you to upgrade can be cheaper, but you risk the upgrade not being offered.
Old Aug 16, 11, 2:39 am

Location: 15 minutes west of LHR, Stockholm, or somewhere inbetween.
Programs: BAEC Gold GGL, CCR, GfL, Mucci des Recherches des Consommations Exotiques.
Just enter 'imgullible' as the discount code and receive 95% off the advertised fare.

bjorns
Old Aug 16, 11, 2:40 am

Programs: BA Gold, BMI Blue, Hilton Gold
Not a discount per se, but there is the shareholder discount of 10% off the base (pre taxes/surcharge) fare for owners of 200 shares at a certain date - in today's money that's about Ģ550 which makes it worthwhile buying the shares for the discount alone if you do quite a lot of flying with BA.....
Old Aug 16, 11, 8:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bjorns View Post
Just enter 'imgullible' as the discount code and receive 95% off the advertised fare.

bjorns
Let me guess? The discount only applies to the base fare, so roughly a 50 pence discount, as of course the 130GBP "taxes, fees and surcharges" donīt qualify for the discount?

Originally Posted by Raffles View Post
There are some outstandingly low fares ex Germany, c Euro 270 return, but must be booked a month in advance and only certain flights are included.

Tiny bit of cashback via quidco.com
Thanks! Fares in CE certainly donīt become much lower than that, time to pull the trigger...

I was still hoping there would be some kind of miles promo around, but 1500miles + 80 tier points isnīt too bad...

Thanks again!
Old Aug 16, 11, 8:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LondonAndy View Post
Not a discount per se, but there is the shareholder discount of 10% off the base (pre taxes/surcharge) fare for owners of 200 shares at a certain date - in today's money that's about Ģ550 which makes it worthwhile buying the shares for the discount alone if you do quite a lot of flying with BA.....
Interesting, will look into this if I happen to increase my flying on BA. 10% on the all-in fare would be very interesting, but 10% off the base fare isnīt even that much when purchasing (discounted) biz fares due to the (always) increasing fuel surcharges.

Are there any restrictions regarding fare rules/mileage accruel? I seem to recall an odd policy that you canīt upgrade a WT+ fare (purchased with discount) cannot be upgraded using miles, or am I mistaken?

Search this Thread