Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Where to go on Honeymoon -- Must be BA network

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2011, 9:15 am
Original Poster

Open to ideas and we are based in central london.

Happy to take the bulk of the route on BA and then transfer onto a local airline.

Looking for mainly a chill out and fans of all inclusive.

Anyone got any gd thoughts for a August/Sept/Oct trip?

Cheers
Old Aug 15, 2011, 9:26 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Originally Posted by redsox1918

Happy to take the bulk of the route on BA and then transfer onto a local airline.

Cheers
Probably need an idea of your budget, otherwise you'll have people recommending the Moon, or Butlins!
Old Aug 15, 2011, 9:28 am

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci

Cheers
Manchester can be delightful at that time of year.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 9:29 am
In Memoriam

Programs: aa plt 4.9MM LTAC
this year?....using an award?.....good luck...
Old Aug 15, 2011, 9:32 am
Original Poster

Will be buying normal tickets so not using miles.

Budget is open and we like nice things -- We aim to have people contribute towards the trip instead of gifts.

I guess the winner for us would be fly with BA to xyz and then fly onto abc where is it amazing. Wanting to go somewhere new.

Thanks all
Old Aug 15, 2011, 9:39 am

Will be buying normal tickets so not using miles.

Budget is open and we like nice things -- We aim to have people contribute towards the trip instead of gifts.

I guess the winner for us would be fly with BA to xyz and then fly onto abc where is it amazing. Wanting to go somewhere new.

Thanks all
For my honeymoon we flew BA to Cape Town, spend a few days there, then flew up to Kruger to do a safari then fly to Mauritius (Mauritius Air) then flew back BA to London
Old Aug 15, 2011, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hawaii

I think that might fit your needs. Then again I might be wrong.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
redsox1918, I thought you were married for a long time already. No idea why I though so... Aren't you married to a BA cc?

Anyways: if you like AI and lying around doing nothing the Maldives will suit you nicely. If you can make it to Bali that is great too. Actually I prefer it.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 10:20 am

Programs: IHG Gold Ambassador
How about the Maldives? My wife and I wanted to go to the Maldives for our honeymoon but settled for French Polynesia since it was closer.

edit: didn't see the PP comments. I walked away from my comp for 10 min and then uploaded my comments
Old Aug 15, 2011, 10:26 am
In Memoriam

Programs: aa plt 4.9MM LTAC
lots of info on this in travel buzz plus details in the destinations forums a bit further down in travel & dining.....

2011 or next year?
Old Aug 15, 2011, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by Reedy
For my honeymoon we flew BA to Cape Town, spend a few days there, then flew up to Kruger to do a safari then fly to Mauritius (Mauritius Air) then flew back BA to London
+1

If you truly want something different a safari is a great (and memorable!) way to go! Especially during your time frame when animal viewing will be at its best. There are some wonderful private camps and reserves in and around Kruger. Sabi Sands is a beautiful reserve and has some very romantic choices for lodging.

Safaris are nice because you can do as much/little as you wish. The camps I've been to have been ai.

Last edited by JMR1223; Aug 15, 2011 at 11:04 am Reason: Additional detail
Old Aug 15, 2011, 11:05 am

I can recommend Bermuda!
Old Aug 15, 2011, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
It is not BA I know but why not take the train first class to Cornwall? It will only cost a couple of hundred pounds to get there, the weather can be wonderful at that time of year and there is plenty of stuff to see and beautiful scenery.

Old Aug 15, 2011, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I thought the OP was based in London. Like London airways some dont seem to know about the rest of the UK.

Whilst we are at it where is Jersey.

Jersey - part of the Channel Islands - has a population of about 91,000, most of whom are native islanders of Norman French and British extraction. EU citizens, including a prominent community from Portugal, also live there.
As Crown Dependencies the islands are not part of the UK or EU, nor are they colonies or overseas territories of the UK like Gibraltar
Old Aug 15, 2011, 12:00 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Reedy
I'm biased of course but this would be my choice too. You could do the safari near Port Elizabeth (drive or fly from CPT) if you want to avoid the Kruger for any reason (e.g. no malaria there).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.