SIN - LHR Paid upgrade at airport

Old Aug 12, 11, 5:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: OWS IHG Spire
SIN - LHR Paid upgrade at airport

Does anyone here have any knowledge if BA offer paid upgrades WT to WTP+ at the checkin counter? (my V class ticket does not allow this online).

I frequently see this on the PVG - LHR route so wondered if there is are any available deals here.
Old Aug 12, 11, 5:31 am

Programs: BAEC, Finnair+, ClubOne Gold, Stockmann First
I'm not sure if they do offer, but it never hurts to ask, related to this; is it possible to ask for a paid upgrade at the airport if you've already done OLCI?

Last edited by AY ay ay!; Aug 12, 11 at 6:17 am
Old Aug 12, 11, 5:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: OWS IHG Spire
Originally Posted by AY ay ay! View Post
I'm not sure if they do offer, but it never hurts to as, related to this; is it possible to ask for a paid upgrade at the airport if you've already done OLCI?
I have done that at PVG after OLCI, they have a sign indicating when paid upgrades are available and was no problem to do it.
Old Aug 12, 11, 5:59 am

I have been offered one on that route before but it was quite steep so didn't take it.
Old Aug 12, 11, 6:16 am

Programs: BA Gold / Miles and Smiles Elite / Hilton Diamond / IHG Spire / SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Flying Flis View Post
I have been offered one on that route before but it was quite steep so didn't take it.
You need to ask.....it is a JSA station and the staff are employed jointly by BA/QF. QF just launching airport upgrades and so this may be why they are not advertised. It is howver policy at BA to offer aiport upgrades for a fee.
Old Aug 12, 11, 6:16 am

Originally Posted by Engineering Travel View Post
I have done that at PVG after OLCI, they have a sign indicating when paid upgrades are available and was no problem to do it.
I meant asking for a paid upgrade, even if there's no offer
Old Aug 12, 11, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum Ambassador
I meant asking for a paid upgrade, even if there's no offer
Yes, you can pay to upgrade (subject to availability) even if you've already done OLCI.
Old Aug 12, 11, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by Genius1 View Post
Yes, you can pay to upgrade (subject to availability) even if you've already done OLCI.
Would that be at the checkin or the ticketing desk?
Old Aug 12, 11, 12:23 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hyatt Diamond
I've done this before going LHR-SIN, just ask at check-in if they have any going... It's always worth it to me (and I always ask) as it is generally a cheap way of getting into WT+ (I think it was 175 to SIN) and then the chances of getting an Op Up to J is pretty high (I have about a 50% hit rate on WT+->J Op Ups)...

Availability will depend on how full WT+ is but I would say I've been able to do it maybe 30% of the time on LH flights - I try not to fly whY LH if I can avoid it but for non client related trips it's all my firm will pay for (hoping to do a paid for upgrade early next week to IAD - fingers crossed)
Old Aug 12, 11, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Would that be at the checkin or the ticketing desk?
Depends on the airport - sometimes you'll be sent over to ticketing, other times check-in will phone over to the desk to find out the price for you.

Search this Thread