Search

Flight to South Africa - JNB

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2011, 5:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum
Flight to South Africa - JNB

Hello,

I realize this sounds a bit silly, but i'm getting ready to book a flight to Johannesburg from London and there are two nonstops one at 6pm and one at 8pm. Both are 747's and i'm going to book WT+. Does anyone have any strong preference for either flight? I was thinking the later one, but curious if anyone has any other considerations i'm missing.

Thanks,

Chris
Old Jul 18, 2011, 5:50 am

Programs: BA GGL & CCR, AS Gold 75k, IHG Aspire, Marriott Titanium , National Exec Elite, Amex Plat
I prefer the later flight as it's easier to sleep on but it depends what you're doing the other end really. I've not done the trip in WT but the service should be the same for both.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 5:53 am
Ambassador

Personally I prefer later flights down to SA.

If you can sleep on planes maybe the later flight would be better although it does get you there at about 9am local time and by the time you get to your hotel it feels like half the day has gone. (I'm assuming you're flying in the SA summer)

Otherwise I think both flights have the same configuration with WT+ behind Club World so there isn't really much in it to be honest.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 6:19 am

Programs: BA Gold, IC Ambassador, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Fairmont Platinum
Originally Posted by catwood
Hello,

I realize this sounds a bit silly, but i'm getting ready to book a flight to Johannesburg from London and there are two nonstops one at 6pm and one at 8pm. Both are 747's and i'm going to book WT+. Does anyone have any strong preference for either flight? I was thinking the later one, but curious if anyone has any other considerations i'm missing.

Thanks,

Chris
Depends what you are doing immediately on arrival. I personally get the earlier flight if I have to connect else where (e.g. CPT) as it gets it over and done with. Otherwise, Jo'burg traffic/Gautrain may be quieter after 9am.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 6:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum
Thanks, seems like the later flight is the better one to go..as i do want to try to sleep and my friend arriving from CDG won't get in until 11am ..I'm going before xmas..will they be full flights?
Old Jul 18, 2011, 7:07 am
Ambassador

Originally Posted by catwood
I'm going before xmas..will they be full flights?
Any flight to JNB in the two weeks before Christmas will probably be very busy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.