Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Amex - New application - Card delivery timescale.

Old Jul 7, 11, 5:04 pm
dgm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum Ambassador, HH Diamond.

Hi all.

My application for the BA Amex was approved what seems like an age ago on Monday 27th June and I have only just received my pin. Any ideas how long the card takes after that? Anybody remember how long theirs took to arrive?

It would appear the PIN came all the way from Florida, does the card also come from the US?

Thanks all!

DGM.
Old Jul 7, 11, 5:08 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Originally Posted by dgm View Post
Hi all.

My application for the BA Amex was approved what seems like an age ago on Monday 27th June and I have only just received my pin. Any ideas how long the card takes after that? Anybody remember how long theirs took to arrive?

It would appear the PIN came all the way from Florida, does the card also come from the US?

Thanks all!

DGM.

your card should arrive around 1 or 2 days after the pin, assuming your in the UK, your pin certainly didnt come from Florida

cs
Old Jul 7, 11, 5:22 pm
dgm
Original Poster

Thanks Cornish!

The postmark is Fort Lauderdale so unless there is now one in the UK I am a bit bemused?!
Old Jul 7, 11, 5:38 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Originally Posted by dgm View Post
Thanks Cornish!

The postmark is Fort Lauderdale so unless there is now one in the UK I am a bit bemused?!

Is the return address in Brighton ?

cs
Old Jul 7, 11, 5:44 pm

Programs: BA Blue
My PIN arrived fairly quickly, but 2 weeks after applying my card still hadn't turned up. I reported to AmEx and they sent me to LHR T4 to pick up a temporary card. Sods law, the very next day my now-cancelled card arrived, shortly followed by the replacement. Typical!
Old Jul 7, 11, 6:45 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Somthingorother, et Mucci
I'm having a real issue with this right now too, due to the Canadian postal strike. Card was apparently shipped by courier on June 23rd but there's still no sign of it, and they did not use a trackable service. Call center can't even tell me whether they used UPS or FedEx.

Pin package arrived on Monday, ironically by mail.
Old Jul 8, 11, 3:18 am
dgm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cornishsimon View Post
Is the return address in Brighton ?

cs
No it's in Fort Lauderdale too. How odd?!

Search this Thread